Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 15/11/2020 at 13:15, jimbobothy said:

... may I ask how do you use the two dittos? I saw the MC6 and was half expecting so see a Stomp on there as well ha ha ☺️

haha, well there was a stomp on there a few months back. i had a vision to have one pedal to rule them all! but I tried, persevered ...just didnt like it. great features but I still found the xerograph filter or the oc2 or the sub decay ring mod or the ottobit was way better sounding than the stomp. sometimes being able to bend down and tweek a knob to adjust a sound is sooo much more convenient than scrolling through a family of menus.

the mc6 mainly looks after the source audio family quite nicely and gas an expression pedal attached. . As for the ditto's, I ended  up with 2 of them and they work quite well, blending in/out swells, rhythm track on one of them ...etc while being able to copy the first loop to the second ditto is also useful. shame you can't  synch then though....next upgrade 😆

Nice, thanks for the info. I thought a Stomp purchase at the end of last year would be it for pedals, 4 boards later I was wrong. The instant feedback of analogue tweaking is great isn’t it. Still have the stomp on a Nano with a Filter Twin and an OC2 in the FX loops. So small, but that is also a bit of a let down as ‘more’ is always better right 😁

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So pedalboard version #$%^%$##

My pedal train JNR was getting very cramped and the acquisition of some more pedals,led to an upgrade to a Classic 2. New signal chain 

Custom Pedal boards mini patch bay - got fed up with plugging leads into various points,so now input/output conveniently in one place. Into-

Cali76 CB - I've tried most of them and love this for versatility while still being intuitive to use. It has fantastic natural tone,which just makes you sound better

This then goes into the main input of a Boss LS2,so all channels are massaged by the Cali76.

Ls2 Loop A - Synth Channel 

3 leaf Wonderlove envelope Filter- I'm utilising the loop in this. Effects can be put after the Filter input stage,but before the Filter. This means the dynamics of the filter are preserved. In the Filter loop is the

Cog T70 triple Octave - 3 channel octaves with its own loop. Two separated T65 octaves which ive set 1 for a clean smooth octave and another for a synthy octave up sound, utilising the filters. It has a third "sub" channel which has no clean just octave. The filters can get this fairly close to the OC2 sound. The loop on this enables "parallel" octave so any effects used have the octave clean underneath, in this loop I have

Crowther Prunes n Custard- very very dynamic and synthy fuzz

Malleko Scrutator - Bit crusher/sample rate reducer - this has a built in static low pass/Hi pass filter, which can be used with expression pedal for filter sweeps. Any control can be assigned to the expression creating very funky/electronic sounds

Ls2 Loop B - Standalone effects

EBS Octabass- fantastic tracking and very smooth/organic sounding octaves. A nice counterpart to the synthy T70

EHX Bass Big Muff- does what it says on the Tin

MXR Bass Envelope Filter- I love this for bubbly finger funk. Does one thing very well.

MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe - fantastic warm chorus/Flanger. I have it set to affect only the high end,so subtle but a lovely sound. I particularly love the Flanger setting.

MXR EVH Phase 90- 2 x settings block and script. Block setting a bit grittier with more resonance (sounds great with the big muff) or script for smooth 70s tones.

These two banks of effects can be run parallel via the LS2 for more tonal options.

The LS2 main channel goes straight to

3 leaf Enabler - Pre amp/DI/headphone amp - primarily used was A very high quality headphone amp (with aux in). I used to have one before and used as a pre/DI on large tours/theatre pits and sound engineers always remarked on how good the DI was (not something that happens often with these guys😂) It's great for recording too, a very useful pedal.

Then back to the Mini patch bay 😁

20201128_104952.jpg

Before

20201013_173106.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, lee650 said:

So pedalboard version #$%^%$##

My pedal train JNR was getting very cramped and the acquisition of some more pedals,led to an upgrade to a Classic 2. New signal chain 

Custom Pedal boards mini patch bay - got fed up with plugging leads into various points,so now input/output conveniently in one place. Into-

Cali76 CB - I've tried most of them and love this for versatility while still being intuitive to use. It has fantastic natural tone,which just makes you sound better

This then goes into the main input of a Boss LS2,so all channels are massaged by the Cali76.

Ls2 Loop A - Synth Channel 

3 leaf Wonderlove envelope Filter- I'm utilising the loop in this. Effects can be put after the Filter input stage,but before the Filter. This means the dynamics of the filter are preserved. In the Filter loop is the

Cog T70 triple Octave - 3 channel octaves with its own loop. Two separated T65 octaves which ive set 1 for a clean smooth octave and another for a synthy octave up sound, utilising the filters. It has a third "sub" channel which has no clean just octave. The filters can get this fairly close to the OC2 sound. The loop on this enables "parallel" octave so any effects used have the octave clean underneath, in this loop I have

Crowther Prunes n Custard- very very dynamic and synthy fuzz

Malleko Scrutator - Bit crusher/sample rate reducer - this has a built in static low pass/Hi pass filter, which can be used with expression pedal for filter sweeps. Any control can be assigned to the expression creating very funky/electronic sounds

Ls2 Loop B - Standalone effects

EBS Octabass- fantastic tracking and very smooth/organic sounding octaves. A nice counterpart to the synthy T70

EHX Bass Big Muff- does what it says on the Tin

MXR Bass Envelope Filter- I love this for bubbly finger funk. Does one thing very well.

MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe - fantastic warm chorus/Flanger. I have it set to affect only the high end,so subtle but a lovely sound. I particularly love the Flanger setting.

MXR EVH Phase 90- 2 x settings block and script. Block setting a bit grittier with more resonance (sounds great with the big muff) or script for smooth 70s tones.

These two banks of effects can be run parallel via the LS2 for more tonal options.

The LS2 main channel goes straight to

3 leaf Enabler - Pre amp/DI/headphone amp - primarily used was A very high quality headphone amp (with aux in). I used to have one before and used as a pre/DI on large tours/theatre pits and sound engineers always remarked on how good the DI was (not something that happens often with these guys😂) It's great for recording too, a very useful pedal.

Then back to the Mini patch bay 😁

After

20201128_104952.jpg

Before

TASTY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Sorry for the mess! the Fuzz tone 68 is gonna go back to a MBD-2 and an SY-1 is gonna go after the OC-5

im also torn between grabbing a RV500 or GT core instead of putting the Redwitch Titan on in the space where the midi box is.

You've got some awesome kit on that board! 

If you mail it to BC OCD Services Ltd c/o @lee650 they will (a) tidy it up beautifully for you (for the cost of return postage) and (b) probably put an offer in for several pedals...

😁

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 2

@0175westwood29 - I think I misread that as the SY-1 was being replaced, but I think you're just going to swap the running order around?

Interested you're thinking of going for a new GT Core rather than a used Stomp? I was very tempted but couldn't really justify the price premium of a new GT Core, or indeed the Boss SY-1000 which is essentially a GT Core + SY 300 all under one bonnet and even further up the food chain in terms of pricing, over my modestly priced but very capable used HX Effects.

Edited by Al Krow

2 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@0175westwood29 - I think I misread that as the SY-1 was being replaced, but I think you're just going to swap the running order around?

Interested you're thinking of going for a new GT Core rather than a used Stomp? I was very tempted by couldn't really justify the price premium of a new GT Core, or indeed the Boss SY-1000 which is essentially a GT Core + SY 300 all under one bonnet and even further up the food chain in terms of pricing, over my modestly priced but very capable used HX Effects.

Yeh im basically adding in the SY-1 after the OC-5 So the whole chain plan is looking like it will be....

PS-6 > Cali76bc > OC-5 > SY-1 > MS-3 ( Bongripper/ MBD-2 L1, Broot / 420 Fuzz L2, Bass Fuzz L3) > Moog Clusterflux > Boss DD-200 > Boss RV-500 or GT-Core

As im a boss artist and also the GT Core has alot more going on than the stomp ( Not bashing the HX ) it makes more sense for me to grab the Core but more likely atm is the RV-500 unless boss drop a RV-200

16 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Yeh im basically adding in the SY-1 after the OC-5 So the whole chain plan is looking like it will be....

PS-6 > Cali76bc > OC-5 > SY-1 > MS-3 ( Bongripper/ MBD-2 L1, Broot / 420 Fuzz L2, Bass Fuzz L3) > Moog Clusterflux > Boss DD-200 > Boss RV-500 or GT-Core

As im a boss artist and also the GT Core has alot more going on than the stomp ( Not bashing the HX ) it makes more sense for me to grab the Core but more likely atm is the RV-500 unless boss drop a RV-200

Both well jel and impressed you're a Boss artist! Any YT clips of you (and your messy board 😁) in action?

Edited by Al Krow

Been gathering pedals for an all Behringer board build. 

Just for the hell of it. 

But discovered that they don't do a tri parallel mixer. Until I sort a behringer based solution the EHX must remain. 

IMG_20201201_203635.jpg

This is a work in progress, snagged a couple more today. 

Edited by stewblack
  • Like 5

On 01/12/2020 at 20:39, stewblack said:

Been gathering pedals for an all Behringer board build. 

Just for the hell of it. 

But discovered that they don't do a tri parallel mixer. Until I sort a behringer based solution the EHX must remain. 

IMG_20201201_203635.jpg

This is a work in progress, snagged a couple more today. 

Wow that must have set you back several quid!

The cost:performance ratio can't be bad 🙂

Edited by Stub Mandrel
  • Like 1

Super excited to have finished my first real pedalboard at the weekend.  I thoroughly enjoyed this project and am really pleased with how it turned out.

50691161837_2c37ddbce4_c.jpg

The board started with my Boss MS-3 as the heart of the setup, and I added items as follows:

Tonetrunk 45 Pedalboard - Just the right size and very sturdy

Bright Onions A/B with Volume - I use fretted and fretless at virtually every gig so an A/B switch makes changing easy, and the volume control ensures their outputs are balanced.

50691079631_cdde25cc56_c.jpg

Providence Bass Boot Comp - This is a transparent compressor that suits my playing well.  Placed in Loop 1, it sits in front of all other effects(apart from when I use the MS-3's wahs).  Having the compressor in Loop 1 keeps more options open for the internal effects.

50691079341_4df8a4f488_c.jpg

EBS Billy Sheehan Signature Drive Deluxe - While the MS-3 has lots of drives in it, I wanted something with a really nice core low drive tone and the EBS fits the bill well.  If I want more dirt I can add something in from the MS-3. This is in Loop 2. 

50691161457_5844cb0b9b_c.jpg

Bright Onions Quad Momentary Footswitch - Currently set up as up/down banks, tuner, and tap BPM

50691161487_b637db3814_c.jpg

I went for the lowest profile jacks I could find.  I used KMMK Squareplug SP400 and SP5 jacks for the mono cables, soldering them toghether using Van Damme Pro Patch Lite cable and testing them all for reistance with a multimeter.

The TRS jacks were made for me by Practical Patch, who had just received a shipment of the stubby jacks from Creation Music in the US.

The pedals are secured using 3M Dual Lock rather than velcro, and all cables are held in place with clips.

50690331338_477c6c33c2_c.jpg

Under the board I tried to keep everything as tidy as possible and ensure power cables were kept away from signal cables.

50690331278_091929162c_c.jpg

Power comes from a Rockboard LT XL - This means no need for a mains lead, which is terrific, and so far I'm getting a good 4 to 5 hours of constant use from it between charges, which is more than enough for a gig.

50691161472_0e6c2c840b_c.jpg

50691079316_8cbd4ce97d_c.jpg

Lastly, we have a 2 socket patchbay from Pedalpatch.  One slot takes the signal from the MS-3 out to the amp, the other has a USB socket to make charging the Rockboard PSU easier.

50691079636_8a47322603_c.jpg

P.S. Sorry about the dodgy carpet.

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 10

46 minutes ago, AJ567 said:

What cable clips are those?

Also, how do you find the Van Damme pro patch? I'm considering doing my next build with exactly that combo with the SP Jacks. Haven't found any other cable that's small enough to fit.

I picked the clips up on eBay here (small and medium sizes).  I was concerned that the adhesive wouldn't be strong enough but they've been rock solid.

The Van Damme cable is very nice.  I also have Custom Lynx for the TRS and that's decent too.  The Van Damme is snug in the SP 400s, which is good and it means there's no flex at the joint.  I think SP500s would work too with the Van Damme.

Edited by franzbassist
  • Like 2