Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 01/02/2020 at 19:31, Quatschmacher said:

Could anyone tell me what available boards would fit the above collection in its shown setup (including the big gap for the MC8)?

I think you'll be wanting a PT Classic 2 or similar to cater for your pedals. 

(fyi Mine might be going spare in the near future given my recent run on pedals, however it comes with a mint Mono tour case, which is light / highly protective, but quite £spendy and not sure whether spending the extra on that makes sense unless you're planning on taking your pedals out and about?)

• Like 1

Diddnt think it necessary to start a new thread about this, so I thaught the folks here might appreciate it.

Custom 3D printed power supply brackets under my board for my recently acquired zuma.

Previously my 2 power supplies were only just covering my needs. Some pedals were under supplied but worked so I ignored it.

Now everything has pleanty and I can genuinely say is sounds way better! A revelation for me. 

Anyway pics.....

20200211_173741.jpg

20200210_143027.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

Diddnt think it necessary to start a new thread about this, so I thaught the folks here might appreciate it.

Custom 3D printed power supply brackets under my board for my recently acquired zuma.

Previously my 2 power supplies were only just covering my needs. Some pedals were under supplied but worked so I ignored it.

Now everything has pleanty and I can genuinely say is sounds way better! A revelation for me. 

Anyway pics.....

20200211_173741.jpg

20200210_143027.jpg

You da man!

7 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

You da man!

Thanks. I'm quite pleased with myself on this one. One feature that might not come across in those photos is that its mounted at an angle so the power socket is central, whilst still giving ground clearance.

You can see the base is thinner at this side in the pic

20200210_143008.jpg

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

The board has had an update. Meatbox and ls2 exit stage right. 

Enter Xerograph Delux!

I'm really happy with my board now. No changes for a whyle now.

20200212_075906.jpg

We need clips of the Xerograph! 

Still wondering if the Manta will survive in the longer term.  A good few programming sessions on the C4 could unseat it. 

23 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

We need clips of the Xerograph! 

Still wondering if the Manta will survive in the longer term.  A good few programming sessions on the C4 could unseat it. 

I can record some clips easy enough.

I cant see it happening. It's just soo tweakable!

My new ‘fly board’:

CEB96250-721D-4CCE-BA87-544C12AF358F.thumb.jpeg.09610a05bce5281816f6c165dc40daed.jpeg

Trickfish Minnow -> Mooer Envelope -> MXR Vintage Octave -> TC Flashback -> TC Tuner

The Mooer is temporary while someone makes a decent 1590a Bass Filter. 
The Flashback is running a Chorus Toneprint, which is actually very good!

All on a Pedaltrain Nano and powered by a Cioks DC5 underneath. Very cool as gives me 4x isolated 9v and 1x isolated 12v for the Minnow!

EC9E5AD2-B39C-4368-9F6C-35BBB35B7BF8.thumb.jpeg.37b9e7ab5ffeecd8b0106dbaf03d09ef.jpeg

Si

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sibob said:

Damn right! I went round the houses trying (and buying) various chorus pedals. I have 2 new Boss in their boxes... the TC Classic toneprint Chorus is just what I always wanted (Mari Wilson👍). I run it in a TC BH550 head with the 2 toneprint slots and a 3 way pedal. Very good indeed on the fretless - most of what I use chorus for.
A neat trick I think is pick up a used BH250 for around £100 - gets you a smallish back-up head and a great chorus (or any other single toneprint) solution for 20 quid more than a new Boss... just a thought.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sibob said:

My new ‘fly board’:

CEB96250-721D-4CCE-BA87-544C12AF358F.thumb.jpeg.09610a05bce5281816f6c165dc40daed.jpeg

Trickfish Minnow -> Mooer Envelope -> MXR Vintage Octave -> TC Flashback -> TC Tuner

All on a Pedaltrain Nano and powered by a Cioks DC5 underneath. Very cool as gives me 4x isolated 9v and 1x isolated 12v for the Minnow!

EC9E5AD2-B39C-4368-9F6C-35BBB35B7BF8.thumb.jpeg.37b9e7ab5ffeecd8b0106dbaf03d09ef.jpeg

Si

Where is the LOVE button!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

There's a certain irony in the Trickfish pedal calling itself a "minnow" on that board 😄 

Haha indeed, although the rest of them are mini pedals purely so I can have the Minnow on the board really.

Si

I’m thinking about getting one of these smart track models as I hate Velcro. Just found that my local shop is a dealer so will check out at the weekend. 

https://www.aclamguitars.com/pedalboardsystem

Anyone use them? If using the top-routing model, how tidy is it with a power supply running from underneath?

5 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m thinking about getting one of these smart track models as I hate Velcro. Just found that my local shop is a dealer so will check out at the weekend. 

https://www.aclamguitars.com/pedalboardsystem

Anyone use them? If using the top-routing model, how tidy is it with a power supply running from underneath?

I'm sure they're great for some people, but seems a bit over-engineered to me. Limited space available for pedals because of the bolts etc.

Si

24 minutes ago, Sibob said:

I'm sure they're great for some people, but seems a bit over-engineered to me. Limited space available for pedals because of the bolts etc.

Si

I guess if you stagger the pedals then the bolts on adjacent pedals will be in line, saving some space, but I see your point - there’s a lot of daylight in there. 

18 hours ago, Sibob said:

My new ‘fly board’:

Si

How’s the vintage octave working for you? 
any chance of a mini review? 😉

55 minutes ago, dudewheresmybass said:

How’s the vintage octave working for you? 
any chance of a mini review? 😉

I think the Vintage Octave is great, I did a quick comparison with an OC-2 a while ago if you’re interested. Obviously decent headphones/speakers are needed:

Cheers

Si

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

I think the Vintage Octave is great, I did a quick comparison with an OC-2 a while ago if you’re interested. Obviously decent headphones/speakers are needed:

Cheers

Si

Is yours free of the chattering noise? I’ve sent mine in for replacement/modification as Dunlop were offering to add the resistor mod that is now standard.