Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 28/01/2020 at 21:39, Quatschmacher said:

This has seen many incarnations over the years but I feel I’m getting close to a final form (haha, right!). The gap is just about big enough for my Morningstar MC8 controller to go. I might have to finally buy a pedalboard now.

For anyone interested the chain order is as follows:

Future Impact > C4> Mu-Tron > Enigma > Wombtone MKII > Sentry

The C4 has the LS-2 > Lunar in its loop.

The LS-2 has the Okto-Nøjs > MXR Vintage Bass Octave in loop A and the Mastotron in loop B.

I’ve created a C4 preset which allows me to have just the contents of its loop be active. It can be found here:

https://neuro.sourceaudio.net/preset/7GVB1SSDo3

17DD87CA-367E-4F14-918B-55DC6DF81886.jpeg

Could anyone tell me what available boards would fit the above collection in its shown setup (including the big gap for the MC8)?

Edited by Quatschmacher

Well, one of my best pedals is my SansAmp BDDI.

Some time back I decided to make my pedalboard two-output and I spent ages trying out different OD/pre pedals for the 2nd channel.

I finally found the right pedal to fit in there!

QjVOxo2.jpg

I had the answer all the time!

1 hour ago, prowla said:

Well, one of my best pedals is my SansAmp BDDI.

Some time back I decided to make my pedalboard two-output and I spent ages trying out different OD/pre pedals for the 2nd channel.

I finally found the right pedal to fit in there!

QjVOxo2.jpg

I had the answer all the time!

Don't fancy one of these? 

shopping.jpeg

Here's my new pedalboard. After buying/selling many pedals, I hope to be settled now with my gear 🙄

20200204_123633.thumb.jpg.396d90705a2c214eff9fa4af57e5e701.jpg

When needed, it could run on 6 AA batteries hidden under the board (the Zoom has its own). Once the Zoom is unplugged, the case can be closed, it fits just perfectly 🧐

By the way, thank you all for your questions, answers, advices... on BC 😄, it gives me the tips to clean my sound.

• Like 1

Pretty chuffed with this:

A7F1F50B-C7E8-4B49-965D-CEACB92F13BF.thumb.jpeg.3e26201ac8b2e80eb75ce2dccbc24489.jpeg

Signal Chain is as follows:

Boss LS-2 > Octamizer > Cali76 > Future Impact > HX Stomp

MIDI chain is: 

Morningstar MC8 > HX Stomp > Future Impact

Future Impact is controlled directly from the MC8, bypass and patch changes have all been mapped to that, so I never actually touch it.

F37DC59B-3B26-4A98-9CCC-3093F521DE2D.thumb.jpeg.070c45261a1edeffe7e6ae8dc9ae274b.jpeg

Internally we have the Subdecay Prometheus on Auto-Wah duties, in one of the Stomp’s FX Loops. Not sure what I’m going to put in the other loop yet, but there’s space for it next to the Prometheus. Maybe my Boss BF2B, as to my ears, there’s not a flanger in the Stomp that beats it!

Powering the board off an IEC splitter are two Gigrig Generators. One for the Stomp, one for the rest of the board. The Cali76 has an Xotic voltage doubler on it to run at 18v.

The Mission Expressionator allows me to control both the Stomp and the MC8 from one Dunlop mini. The cool thing being that the MC8 accepts multiple expression pedals so in theory, I can use the third Expressionator output to another of the MC8’s expression inputs and control the various functions of the Future Impact with it over MIDI. I haven’t tried this yet, but it’s food for thought!

FD7AE7D8-F442-4727-865D-0BBE6AB5251B.thumb.jpeg.19ea7ee3396b79d996168f2ecb9bd6f2.jpeg

Temple Audio USB adaptor allows me to charge my iPad from the board. I’ve also velcro’d a pick holder to the side of the LS2 for convenience, it’s also the only place it would fit! 😂

The Schmidt Array Connector box is wired to have two of its inputs going to the A and B returns of the LS2 so I can switch between basses, and then I also have stereo outs, or one output to the desk, and one to an amp for example. I used to run my stereo IEM feed into the board too, but now that i’m going to buy a wireless, I have two free connections for whatever takes my fancy!

Edited by Higgie
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Higgie said:

A7F1F50B-C7E8-4B49-965D-CEACB92F13BF.thumb.jpeg.3e26201ac8b2e80eb75ce2dccbc24489.jpeg

MIDI chain is: 

Future Impact is controlled directly from the MC8, bypass and patch changes have all been mapped to that, so I never actually touch it.

F37DC59B-3B26-4A98-9CCC-3093F521DE2D.thumb.jpeg.070c45261a1edeffe7e6ae8dc9ae274b.jpeg

Internally we have the Subdecay Prometheus on Auto-Wah duties, in one of the Stomp’s FX Loops. Not sure what I’m going to put in the other loop yet, but there’s space for it next to the Prometheus. Maybe my Boss BF2B, as to my ears, there’s not a flanger in the Stomp that beats it!

Powering the board off an IEC splitter are two Gigrig Generators. One for the Stomp, one for the rest of the board. The Cali76 has an Xotic voltage doubler on it to run at 18v.

The Mission Expressionator allows me to control both the Stomp and the MC8 from one Dunlop mini. The cool thing being that the MC8 accepts multiple expression pedals so in theory, I can use the third Expressionator output to another of the MC8’s expression inputs and control the various functions of the Future Impact with it over MIDI.

FD7AE7D8-F442-4727-865D-0BBE6AB5251B.thumb.jpeg.19ea7ee3396b79d996168f2ecb9bd6f2.jpeg

Temple Audio USB adaptor allows me to charge my iPad from the board. I’ve also velcro’d a pick holder to the side of the LS2 for convenience, it’s also the only place it would fit! 😂

The Schmidt Array Connector box is wired to have two of its inputs going to the A and B returns of the LS2 so I can switch between basses, and then I also have stereo outs, or one output to the desk, and one to an amp for example. I used to run my stereo IEM feed into the board too, but now that i’m going to buy a wireless, I have two free connections for whatever takes my fancy!

Looks good, but that MC8 looks a bit big and incongruous on the board, have you not thought about an MC6...?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Higgie said:

MIDI chain is: 

The Mission Expressionator allows me to control both the Stomp and the MC8 from one Dunlop mini. The cool thing being that the MC8 accepts multiple expression pedals so in theory, I can use the third Expressionator output to another of the MC8’s expression inputs and control the various functions of the Future Impact with it over MIDI. I haven’t tried this yet, but it’s food for thought!

Are you interested in playing the FI polyphonically? I have developed some pretty cool MC8 (and MC6) banks and programmed complementary FI patches so I can play chordally. 

26 minutes ago, Cuzzie said:

Looks good, but that MC8 looks a bit big and incongruous on the board, have you not thought about an MC6...?

Are you trying to tempt me into giving you a refund? 😂

24 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@Higgie great / informative post!

Very interesting also to see which of your pedals survived the Stomp cull! (Not a dirt pedal in sight!) 

Thanks mate! I find I don’t use a lot of dirt sounds anymore (not playing much rock stuff these days!) but I find the Timmy! in the Stomp to be excellent, so if I need a bit of grit I kick that on. I must admit that i haven’t tried all of the heavier distortions in the Stomp at all, as I haven’t had the need for one, the Timmy! covers the low-mid gain sounds very nicely. I may just set up a couple different Timmy presets on the MC8 meaning I can have multiple iterations of the Timmy in the same Stomp patch.

3 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Are you interested in playing the FI polyphonically? I have developed some pretty cool MC8 (and MC6) banks and programmed complementary FI patches so I can play chordally. 

I’ve thought about it. However I really don’t think I can afford to spend any more time tinkering 😂😂😂

I’m going to download some more of your patches for it though! Great job on those. 

Edited by Higgie

6 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Fantastic board James!! Very well thought out. So is the Prometheus controlled via the stomp? I'm also very interested in a Morningstar now 😁

8 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Fantastic board James!! Very well thought out. So is the Prometheus controlled via the stomp? I'm also very interested in a Morningstar now 😁

Prometheus is in one of the Stomp’s loops yeah. So by inserting the FX Loop R block into my chain, I can then turn the loop on/off via the MC8 

On 01/02/2020 at 19:31, Quatschmacher said:

Could anyone tell me what available boards would fit the above collection in its shown setup (including the big gap for the MC8)?

I think you'll be wanting a PT Classic 2 or similar to cater for your pedals. 

(fyi Mine might be going spare in the near future given my recent run on pedals, however it comes with a mint Mono tour case, which is light / highly protective, but quite £spendy and not sure whether spending the extra on that makes sense unless you're planning on taking your pedals out and about?)

• Like 1