Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

11 hours ago, HalfManHalfBass said:

My latest for tomorrow's gig -then it will probably all change again! 😂

29 07 2019.jpeg

Is that a clock??! 

I mean its it’s not a daft idea if it is but wasn’t what I expected to see

Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah, I guess it might look like I have a thing for black and blue but the truth is I'm colour blind so I change out LEDS where possible for blue ones which are easier to see, and being diffused light, they don't piece my retinas like some of those MXR white ones!

The clock is a DS Engineering Cronograph and actually saves me hunting around for my phone when playing or worse still, rudely checking my phone between songs to see the time.

Don't tempt me with blue led tuners my ST300 mini and full size are going nowhere! 😂

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, woodyratm said:

My guitarist and I cabled my board today. Using practical patch leads (https://www.practicalpatch.co.uk/)

Finally chuffed that I have a board that works! Fair amount of fuzz and no noise. Yassss!

20190804_135442.jpg

Nice and clean! Don't know all the pedals but I guess that's not a surprise with everything that's out there!

Do you have a picture of the bottom, cables etc.? 

Edited by Kamiel
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kamiel said:

Nice and clean! Don't know all the pedals but I guess that's not a surprise with everything that's out there!

Do you have a picture of the bottom, cables etc.? 

Yep. Photos attached! Cabling isn't perfect, worked the best I could.

Chain is patch box - cog switcher - decimator - tc spectracomp - boss es8. 

With fat fuzz factory, darkglass duality and green big muff reissue in the loop of a tri-parallel mixer. Also got an oc2 under there too.

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@woodyratm an FI, Manta, and C4! That's a LOT of filter and synth firepower you have there!

What genre music are you playing?

We're an odd thing... like almost if you mixed rage against the machine, muse and pendulum, but with a screamo vocalist. 

20190805_142941.jpg

20190805_142935.jpg

20190804_155339.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, knicknack said:

This one was fun...

IMG_5931.jpg

IMG_8324.JPG

IMG_5937.jpg

IMG_5935.jpg

Haven't had board envy for a very long time but this one really does it for me! Some really cool and useful features! Well thought out. What's the USB Power adaptor at the bottom? Been looking for something like that for a while, providing it does what I think it does!

Edited by Higgie

I like the attached watch, never seen it before but so logical to do if you think about it! I'm always a bit jealous if I see people with a fully 'gig-rigged' board, I really can't afford that... But it looks really awesome, now go and play!

@javi_bassist I Can try... two principles here, one is to make the journey from the input to the DI as short as possible so that when recording it can be as 'pure' a tone as I can get, and the other is to be able to run other instruments in different configurations. 

So we get the Wireless and Jack Input 1 combined together (both always active), into the input of the wonderlove. The output of the Wonderlove goes to the DI. The Gigrig Switcher is then in the effects loop of the Wonderlove which means that if I turn the wonderloves buffer circuit off then none of it is in the signal path. Usually I'd leave it on, so this means that all the effects are after the envelope trigger but before the actual filter. After the Noble DI there's a switch between all that and the 2nd input jack (which has it's own Radial DI), then the HPF and out to the amp. None of this affects what is going out to front of house, unless the amp is mic'd. It means that synth/double bass can either go in input 1 (therefore using the same DI as the electric bass and also can run through FX), or through input 2 to the radial DI (more control out front, more common!). I also put in a channel switch for the Bassman, although it's unlikely I'm going to find myself using it a whole lot I think. 

@Higgie cheers man, it's taken a lot of experimentation and trying things out to get to this, and of course I'm already thinking of improvements. The USB is from Temple Audio... I believe these are discontinued now, but I'm hoping to migrate all this back to my Alder & Ash board when it comes back from a service, which has one built in, so I might be able to let it go! Crucial for keeping an old iPad alive on stage for charts, and you also find your pedalboard becomes the hub of people looking to charge their phones...

@Kamiel I find myself running sets a lot, and I hate to play with a watch on... so I keep old watches everywhere! Everyone knows Analog sounds better right? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, knicknack said:

@javi_bassist I Can try... two principles here, one is to make the journey from the input to the DI as short as possible so that when recording it can be as 'pure' a tone as I can get, and the other is to be able to run other instruments in different configurations. 

So we get the Wireless and Jack Input 1 combined together (both always active), into the input of the wonderlove. The output of the Wonderlove goes to the DI. The Gigrig Switcher is then in the effects loop of the Wonderlove which means that if I turn the wonderloves buffer circuit off then none of it is in the signal path. Usually I'd leave it on, so this means that all the effects are after the envelope trigger but before the actual filter. After the Noble DI there's a switch between all that and the 2nd input jack (which has it's own Radial DI), then the HPF and out to the amp. None of this affects what is going out to front of house, unless the amp is mic'd. It means that synth/double bass can either go in input 1 (therefore using the same DI as the electric bass and also can run through FX), or through input 2 to the radial DI (more control out front, more common!). I also put in a channel switch for the Bassman, although it's unlikely I'm going to find myself using it a whole lot I think. 

@Higgie cheers man, it's taken a lot of experimentation and trying things out to get to this, and of course I'm already thinking of improvements. The USB is from Temple Audio... I believe these are discontinued now, but I'm hoping to migrate all this back to my Alder & Ash board when it comes back from a service, which has one built in, so I might be able to let it go! Crucial for keeping an old iPad alive on stage for charts, and you also find your pedalboard becomes the hub of people looking to charge their phones...

@Kamiel I find myself running sets a lot, and I hate to play with a watch on... so I keep old watches everywhere! Everyone knows Analog sounds better right? 

If you want to move the USB unit on, and it can charge an iPad Pro, give me a shout! 😉