Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Here's my latest incarnation.

3leaf GR2 won the filter wars (against stiff competition from a MXR BEF and Fwonkbeta). My trusty little Valeton OC-10 and a TC Spectracomp have also both been moved on too as I'm using octave down a bit less these days having gone pretty much exclusively 5 string and the Helix Stomp providing multi-band compression should I want it.

In their place a bit crusher (or more accurately a sample rate reducer!) in the form of Mooer Lofi and a Tech 21 Q\Strip (which was part ex'd for a Yammy bass). Board feels like it's taking on a more settled composition, although I suspect that the Mooer is going to be the start of a slippery slope for me into the world of sample rate reduction, which does sound pretty juicy on the low E and B strings! :) 

All currently still for 'creative' home use, with a little Zoom B1X-4 still strutting its stuff for rehearsal and gigging duties.

PB - 1907.jpg

• Like 2

Well a bit of a change on mine too! New addition of a cog T70 and VFE mini mu (mutron clone) not sure if I need the Valeton anymore, mind you the cog doesn't do  -2 and running them both in parallel is immense

Had a slight rearrange!!

20190707_170438.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 2

Ok as it stands today here's what it looks like.

Input - Thumpinator, 3 way switcher with tuner output, featuring BB Pre, EHX Soul food, Mooer Tender Octaver, 

then into a boss Ls-2 with a Green muff and a mid focussed eq on one loop and nothing on the other for a clean blend, into Wah, into sansamp, into the Compressor for limiting into my amp.

20190709_211931 (1).jpg

• Like 1

A couple of little changes, swapped out the True Bypass Looper for a TC Spark Mini. The TBL was a nice failsafe, but I've never needed it live (famous last words) and when I have a couple of basses with lower outputs than my Precisions, functionally, the extra signal into my pedals so I don't have to mess with their settings is more helpful.
Also changed out the COG Mini 66 for a custom Schu-Tone 'Finn Drive' (named by me), it's a 3BOD clone with diode switching & relay bypass. The COG is excellent, but because of it's placement on the board, and that I only tend to use that pedal for quick drop-ins and out again, I wanted something with a relay/softswitch.
To my knowledge, there are no other bass overdrives on the market in a 1590a size with relay switching......Dan at Schu-Tone absolutely stepped up to my challenge!

IMG_0899.thumb.jpg.c805d7539f34509df187617924a82ebe.jpg

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

A couple of little changes, swapped out the True Bypass Looper for a TC Spark Mini. The TBL was a nice failsafe, but I've never needed it live (famous last words) and when I have a couple of basses with lower outputs than my Precisions, functionally, the extra signal into my pedals so I don't have to mess with their settings is more helpful.
Also changed out the COG Mini 66 for a custom Schu-Tone 'Finn Drive' (named by me), it's a 3BOD clone with diode switching & relay bypass. The COG is excellent, but because of it's placement on the board, and that I only tend to use that pedal for quick drop-ins and out again, I wanted something with a relay/softswitch.
To my knowledge, there are no other bass overdrives on the market in a 1590a size with relay switching......Dan at Schu-Tone absolutely stepped up to my challenge!

IMG_0899.thumb.jpg.c805d7539f34509df187617924a82ebe.jpg

Si

Does that mean you might habe a mini 66 for sale Si 😉😘

Bit cheeky my posting two updates in one month...but having found a decent bitcrush effect on the HX Stomp, I've been able to move on the Mooer Lofi and as I've managed to get round to ordering a reverse polarity cable to connect up a Smoothhound wireless to my PSU that's been able to get onto my board in place of the Mooer.

One other nice thing to discover is that the 3Leaf GR2 is 'officially' capable of handling 18V, so I've been able to make use of one of the 18V on my MXR IsoBrick reducing the number of outputs that need to be shared. The Stomp is powered with it's own supply and the remaining 12 units from the 10 output Isobrick  which is under the board and which still has juice to spare. Ok, now need to get my head around using midi 😂

PB - 1907 II.jpg

Gonna be brave and post what the underside looks like too :) 

PB - 1907 IIA.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

On 12/07/2019 at 16:26, Al Krow said:

Bit cheeky my posting two updates in one month...but having found a decent bitcrush effect on the HX Stomp, I've been able to move on the Mooer Lofi and as I've managed to get round to ordering a reverse polarity cable to connect up a Smoothhound wireless to my PSU that's been able to get onto my board in place of the Mooer.

One other nice thing to discover is that the 3Leaf GR2 is 'officially' capable of handling 18V, so I've been able to make use of one of the 18V on my MXR IsoBrick reducing the number of outputs that need to be shared. The Stomp is powered with it's own supply and the remaining 12 units from the 10 output Isobrick  which is under the board and which still has juice to spare. Ok, now need to get my head around using midi 😂

PB - 1907 II.jpg

PB - 1907 IIA.jpg

Is the Qstrip an always on preamp style thing at the end or a effect you turn on and off? 

1 hour ago, LukeFRC said:

Is the Qstrip an always on preamp style thing at the end or a effect you turn on and off? 

Neither :) I got the Q\Strip in a trade for a bass - I had heard really good things about it and was curious.

However, consensus with a couple of BC buddies is that, whilst it's a great pedal, it didn't really bring anything additional to the party over and above what is available on the HX Stomp and Grizzly Bass in terms of tone shaping - although tbf I find always being able to adjust pedal knobs easier and more 'real time' than PC editing.

It's therefore already been moved on and the funds (and space) will be applied to the new Boss SY-1 synth pedal, due out in a couple of months, which looks amazing! 

18 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Not jumping on the C4 train Al? Seeing as you're already MIDI'd up and all for presets, it should even be able to replace the Manta (and who knows, maybe the GR2 and FI depending how good a job they did!).

Yeah, but there's something wonderfully archaic and satisfying about twiddling about with pedal knobs when you've got HX Stomp, FI, SA Manta and Aftershock all needing PC editing and / or midi. That's quite enough deep menu diving for one pedal board thank you!

11 minutes ago, Kev said:

Will certainly replace the Manta! 🙂

I returned an FI a day after I bought it.  I still have the C4 two days later.... 😂

Haha - FI for a DAY!!! That's gotta be a record 😁

The 2019 bass synth-lover world is going to split into two camps: the Boss SY-1 and Source Audio C4. Cavaliers and Roundheads.  If you're a bass synth-lover which one are you?

All good fun. You heard it here first :)

Edited by Al Krow

Just got a sovtec deluxe ( on sale at gak)..been meaning to try this for a while as I loved the russian reissue but it was missing the thing this has. And my lord! It's everything I ever wanted in a fuzz. Surprised you don't see many of these on boards around......so happy with it 🙂IMG_20190719_114644.thumb.jpg.c91566c45f9151d2e4c5e64daf629eb4.jpg

Edited by danbowskill

First time I’ve done this and didn’t even manage to remember to take a proper pic so apols for quality!

Anyway, started a two piece thing so got my signal split - one ‘bass’ rig (Ashdown ABM 400 into TC RS212) and one ‘guitar’ rig (Hartke HA2500 combo).

Board is Korg DT-10 into an EHX Switchblade Plus...

Bass then through a Malekko Assmaster and TC Ditto. Top end into a T-Rex Quint for the octave up and a bit of added fifth, EHX Pocket Metal Muff, Reissue EHX Green Russian Muff.

Plan on also adding a TC Mojomojo for a non-crazy bottom end dirt option and maybe a delay somewhere in the chain.

7578EC2D-AA6A-4A3F-B237-ABAB45111E19.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/07/2019 at 17:26, Al Krow said:

PB - 1907 II.jpg

PB - 1907 IIA.jpg

Hi, where did you get the cable-hook (holding the red cable)? There's two of them hooks on the underside of your board. Grtz, Marc.

Edited by hemdee666
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, hemdee666 said:

Hi, where did you get the cable-hook (holding the red cable)? There's two of them hooks on the underside of your board. Grtz, Marc.

Can get in packs of 30 from Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0769WBZHY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you don't need that many, I have a few spare which I can send you (for free) in the post - pm me.

Edited by Al Krow