Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

It is, Deep Twilight or something if I recall? Nice bass, lovely woods and finish for the money.

The Barts are the upgraded BH2 models, still quite dark sounding.  Nothing the board doesn’t sort out nicely 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Merlino said:

Here's my super-funky & super-juicy mini-board 

20190406_145927.jpg

That is a funky board. Wonderlove, funk lite and a fwonk 😎😎😎😎. Which ones your favourite, how does that funk lite compare to the fwonk? 

4 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

I tried a Funk Lite, went straight back to the shop. Fwonkbeta is still going strong though!

Fwonkbeta is good. Think it's just edging it over the MXR BEF for me, right now (but it's close and I go back and forth depending on the bass). Be interesting how they both stack up against the 3Leaf GR2. I'm looking forward to finding out. 

Edited by Al Krow

4 hours ago, bassfan said:

That is a funky board. Wonderlove, funk lite and a fwonk 😎😎😎😎. Which ones your favourite, how does that funk lite compare to the fwonk? 

The Funk Lite is my favorite at the moment.

But it's really hard to compare with the Fwonkbeta, because the Mr Black is insane, it has a terrific resonance and it is pure funky.

The Funk Lite has a really tight sweet spot, and almost a single useful sound: but that sound is amazing.

I'll try to describe the differences between the 3 pedals, but I apologize for my english (it's not my first language), and I'll try to comunicate only my impression in a band situation, because at home the Fwonkbeta still unbeatable.

I personally use the Funk Lite for all the syncopated 16th notes stuff, I set the knobs at 9 o'clock (and eventually put the "freq" nob at 11) and I literally "play the filter" with a syncopated short note right hand pattern: in this setting it's the best filter you could try, present, effective, and really good sounding. It plays really good with octavers, but I definitely don't like it with slap technique.

The Fwonkbeta is my go to envelope when I need a super juicy, insanely resonant and rich autowah sound, I like the responsiveness but it's really hard to control due it's tendency to generate big volume spikes.

The Wonderlove it's a really great pedal, very versatile and I use it with all my slap stuff and with the Doom in parallel mode for the synth-style stuff.

So I use them for 3 distinct purposes, and with them I have my MXR BEF definitely out of the board

Cheers!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

One change I think since last post  Dropped the ventris in favour of the big sky. Probably more verb than I really need but the spots it does hit are perfect. Still considering a parallel blend or crossover on my dirt but I'm happy with it at the mo. 

_20190419_184635.thumb.JPG.262d3f37f062f4bb31d8f539b3bd85d7.JPG

Edited by Salt on your Bass?

On 31/03/2019 at 13:54, Al Krow said:

@Kev is the bass at the bottom an Ibby SRMS805? Not seen in that finish before. Bit of a head turner! 

If it had Nords instead of the standard Barts I'd be very tempted to trade in my SR 1825 at Wunjos...

I am the same on those, I got rid of my 805 because of the pickups. It was £300 for a set of nords for an 805 as a custom order, if they had been cheaper I would have kept it.

Edited by Woodinblack

On 19/04/2019 at 18:53, Woodinblack said:

I am the same on those, I got rid of my 805 because of the pickups. It was £300 for a set of nords for an 805 as a custom order, if they had been cheaper I would have kept it.

You're not alone, I would have been very tempted to get one of those black stain fanned fret models if they'd have come with Nord's instead. Doesn't make sense to fit such 'polite' pickups to a bass that would appeal to the metal fraternity!

3 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

You're not alone, I would have been very tempted to get one of those black stain fanned fret models if they'd have come with Nord's instead. Doesn't make sense to fit such 'polite' pickups to a bass that would appeal to the metal fraternity!

Yeah I don’t really get it at all, costs sure would have been small.  Well, there are other ibbys in the same price range that do, and the top wood on the SRMS is higher quality so don’t really know where the money is going, can’t cost that much more to build a fanned fret neck....

but yeah, I’ll be upgrading and it’s going to cost $$$$$$$ but fortunately I got the bass silly cheap ex demo!

This is my Pedalboard set up updated for 2019/20, with a few creative essentials;

TC Polytune > Earthquaker Devices Spatial Delivery > BOSS OC-2 > TC Alter Ego delay > TC Pipeline Tremolo > EHX 360 Looper > Edison EF86 all-valve preamp by Nightowl Industries.

My Pedalboard set up from 2019/20, with a few creative essentials. TC Polytune Noir > Earthquaker Devices Spatial Delivery > BOSS OC-2 > TC Alter Ego delay > TC Pipeline Tremolo > EHX 360 Looper > Edison EF86 all-valve preamp by Nightowl Industries.

• Like 1

Not actually a 'board' yet. I need to convert it and the DOD delay to work off a standard connector (I'm worried that using a 3.5mm jack creates the risk of a short when it's not plugged in).

I had to do a simple (reversible) mod to the HM2 to run off 9V supply. TheHM2 is as good as its reputation.

The BEQ7 seems happy despite technically wanting the old BOSS 12V ACA, I used to use it for quick changes of sound rather than on all the time.

The Ibanez chorus works really well with bass, possibly the best of all the effects.

The Toyo flanger is a good budget one but sounds ckanky and makes extra noises when dialled.

The DOD delay works well but needs great care in setting up. I discovered that if I play staccato single notes I can get a convincing 'gated' effect for Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Very dated but has a good, long 4-second max delay which made it very expensive back when I bought it!
I like the compressor too, it's a fairly budget one but very robust. It's just a sort of 'better knob' -  it makes the sound richer and evens out my playing on quick passages.

The Wah is cheap plastic crap, but it's the same basic Cry-Baby circuit as found in every wah ever made... (I once did a component for component comparison of my old (cheap but quality and much missed) wah with a Cry Baby and all the values were the same and with one difference - the cheap one had an extra resistor). I might fit it into a good quality s/h volume pedal.

The tuner replaces my awful analogue (yes with a meter in it!) Vox one that was really, really tricky to use. I hate most clip ons because they are so slow to react, the Boss tuner even reacts to how a note changes pitch from attack to sustain.

Not shown I also have a one-knob Melos Mini-Fazer (the various brands it sold under are legendary for their sound) but I can't find it and it needs converting to external power.

DSCN2486.JPG

Okay, okay, i get it. Individual pedals are Just Better (although please buy my Zoom ;D)

Proper power supply, proper compressor and bought a replacement for the Joyo California sound that i previously sold... Now i need a proper board instead of some random bits of plastic i found in the rubbish pile at work... :D

20190425_215606.jpg.aecfea6b28ca0d51eb58cb97ad2b9d63.jpg

On 21/04/2019 at 20:31, SimonEdward said:

This is my Pedalboard set up updated for 2019/20, with a few creative essentials;

TC Polytune > Earthquaker Devices Spatial Delivery > BOSS OC-2 > TC Alter Ego delay > TC Pipeline Tremolo > EHX 360 Looper > Edison EF86 all-valve preamp by Nightowl Industries.

My Pedalboard set up from 2019/20, with a few creative essentials. TC Polytune Noir > Earthquaker Devices Spatial Delivery > BOSS OC-2 > TC Alter Ego delay > TC Pipeline Tremolo > EHX 360 Looper > Edison EF86 all-valve preamp by Nightowl Industries.

What board are you using here? The dimensions look ideal for my needs.

• Like 1

Got p'd off on tuesday when the lid fell off my 'really useful box' covering the studio floor in pedals

I now have a huge pedalboard case - spotted on the 'bay, and only 5 minutes from the practice studios so bought within an hour yesterday evening!

Now off to screwfix for velcro...

Hmm. Looks like there might be some spaces to fill...

Some of you know I have ”migrated” to a Helix LT. Great all-in one gigging solution, that sounds marvelous.

But since buying and selling stuff appears to be part of the hobby (some may call it GAS) I set out to build a small pedal board again. I had sold some pedals but not all when migrating and I also kept my pedal board.

Anyway, several hundred quid later my small pedal board is now a larger size and it sounds gorgeous. So now I can pick Helix OR old school analogue.

- Templeboard Trio 21 (already owned)

- Pedal Power 2 (already owned)

- Lehle 3@1 as I use 3 basses (already owned)

- Tuner (Pitchblack mini) in the secondary output (already owned)

- Broughton HPF (purchased off BC)

- Keeley Bassist (purchased off BC, I sold the Pro I had)

- COG T47 (bought new, 2 T16s man...)

- Bearfoot BBBO (already owned)

- COG TK421x (already owned, my youngest son as decal)

- COG Grand Tarkin fuzz (already owned, my eldest as decal)

- Julia chorus (purchased locally, as new)

- WR Goliath tube pre/DI (bought here...... wow...)

B61D2F70-1D8A-4B08-8235-2DF1CE9A7D79.jpeg

• Like 3