Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

24 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Had a bit of a re-jig to give space to the Future Impact... Have to decide whether to sell 3 Leaf and DOD envelope filters, plus Boss bass synth and bass overdrive.

20190313_152421_HDR.jpg

Is it just me that finds this quite a strange board? ;) You nicely follow the thought of keeping enough space between pedals, and I like that, cause you don't want to be pushing wrong buttons etc, but then you put that upper left pedal sideways making it (in my eyes) extremely difficult to switch on any of those 4 knobs without touching a wrong one... I would leave the polytune constantly on, so it's easy to put it somewhere in the back, and make some place to put the 4 knob pedal in the front? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kamiel said:

and make some place to put the 4 knob pedal in the front?

The Wounded Paw blender was originally at the front, but I found I didn't switch any of the loops off, just individual pedals. And it was much more difficult reaching them behind that big ol' thing... I also use the Polytune as a kill switch - don't like the audience to hear tuning. Might turn it for aesthetic reasons once I've got more suitable leads.

And I could move stuff around to get more pedals on there - used to have 3 envelope filters in different loops but the FI adds so much squelch I don't need them, and I've discovered that using the Microtubes on the main output seems to be more pleasing than in one of the loops. Also not too worried about the FI's size - it's not as big as the wireless receiver...

• Like 1

For the Marillion tribute band:

Brave_pedalboard.thumb.jpg.3843814d46b96bab29e2febac77ab5d8.jpg

Line 6 G50 wireless to Zoom B3n, accompanied by a Roland PK-5A controlling a Korg Volca Bass as it's a bloody sight cheaper than a Moog, then into a little Ammoon mixer offering more control than just putting the Volca into the Aux on the B3n.

For the originals band and the covers band:

space_monkey_pedalboard.thumb.jpg.e5ab2da6375a477b3a5dc9146f4e6127.jpg

Smooth Hound and Zoom MS-60B. But who knows, a Line 6 HD500 might be just round the corner.

Latest iteration... For those 'don't know if i want to use the B3n' moments, plus OCDily flipping back and forth between amps - The A/B/Y pedal goes into the B3n input and the AUX, so the B3N is effectively bypassed And its also a sneaky way of getting a clean blend if i switch to Y mode...

20190317_163630.thumb.jpg.fb6a638b5593c20c149acfbeeab7d6a9.jpg

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

is there a name for the 'thing on the right' other than 'bass pedalboard' or obvious variations that will give search results not swamped with examples of the 'thing on the left'?

Roland PK-5A (as it says on the top). MIDI pedalboard. I might be swapping to a McMillen 12 step which I also have, which is smaller and lighter, allows chords to be programmed in (for use with a MIDI module) but does flex a bit on a carpeted floor and needs me to sort out a 5V USB power supply (not a big problem).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

Roland PK-5A (as it says on the top)

I tried that, it works, but scary expensive! I assumrd there would be cheap alternatives out there?

Midi pedalboard does get a few 9still scary expensive) hits!

Perhaps the easy way is to make one from a £30 midi controller, a bunch of sticks and a handful of microswitches.

2 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I tried that, it works, but scary expensive! I assumrd there would be cheap alternatives out there?

Midi pedalboard does get a few 9still scary expensive) hits!

Perhaps the easy way is to make one from a £30 midi controller, a bunch of sticks and a handful of microswitches.

I thought about that. You could do it with an Arduino - I even wrote the sketch (including the ability to do chords) and came up with a diode matrix to work from the switches, and then it ground to a halt. I was going to do it with ordinary push-button switches. You never know, I might even revive the idea.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tauzero said:

I thought about that. You could do it with an Arduino - I even wrote the sketch (including the ability to do chords) and came up with a diode matrix to work from the switches, and then it ground to a halt. I was going to do it with ordinary push-button switches. You never know, I might even revive the idea.

Yes, and arduino or AVR was in the back of my mind too.

I've always fancied one since seeing Haze in the early 80s! With my co-ordination it would probably be little more than hitting a note and keeping my foot down...

5 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Yes, and arduino or AVR was in the back of my mind too.

I've always fancied one since seeing Haze in the early 80s! With my co-ordination it would probably be little more than hitting a note and keeping my foot down...

• Thanks 1

I'm desperately trying to stick to a Nano, but I also really want a chorus pedal. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with this board. I do wish the MXR Bass DI had a cab sim built-in for when I go direct though. Fuzz does not sound good (to my ears) without a cab. I might trade it for a Tech21 DI with a cab sim, but I don't want to lose my distortion channel. Argh, more dilemmas.

2019-03-26 19.47.13.jpg

Edited by Naigewron

1 hour ago, Naigewron said:

I'm desperately trying to stick to a Nano, but I also really want a chorus pedal. Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Other than that I'm pretty happy with this board. I do wish the MXR Bass DI had a cab sim built-in for when I go direct though. Fuzz does not sound good (to my ears) without a cab. I might trade it for a Tech21 DI with a cab sim, but I don't want to lose my distortion channel. Argh, more dilemmas.

2019-03-26 19.47.13.jpg

You might be able to squeeze a little one on there, especially if you rotate the MXR 90 degrees!

I have a TC Corona Mini going spare btw!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

You might be able to squeeze a little one on there, especially if you rotate the MXR 90 degrees!

I have a TC Corona Mini going spare btw!

Or take your tuner off the board! A corona mini would fit on that no problem 😁

5 hours ago, Naigewron said:

2019-03-26 19.47.13.jpg

What i would do is turn the MXR 90degrees, and move the tuner so its sitting long ways at the top of the first pedal. Then as others have said, you could easily get a TC Corona mini on there.

• Like 1

update on the “big” board, added the becosfx mini comp. 

But currently most of the jams and practices are handled by the small bass/guitar hx stomp setup. Looking for a PT Nano so I can set the morningstar horizontally.

AF93CB53-9A59-467A-AC23-377AF80FB830.jpeg

9F41F80D-5B79-4F51-B911-6C4301E997CD.jpeg

Edited by ordep
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ordep said:

....or just get a nano + then sell the nano to me for a very cheap price. 😄

Bare in mind though that the Nano+ is approx. 1.4cm (i.e. 10%) narrower than the Nano (what the hell is with that decision, Pedaltrain?). Its not a huge amount obviously but for my specific needs the + is just too narrow annoyingly.