Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 hour ago, krispn said:

@Al Krow

If your tuner is consistently ‘accurately’ off check if has an option to ‘set the tuning’ maybe a switch or a function button. It’s possible you may have hit it and changed the A-440Hz to something else. Many tuners have the ability to change the A-440hz so you can down tune etc and still get an ‘in tune’ reading. 

#RTM 

#RTM is a good general principle for sure.

But you also need to #CTP**

So whilst many tuners may have the ability to change the A-440Hz, this certainly doesn't. It's a little bit out in the same direction for each note. I've calibrated it with tuners that are accurate.

Tbf it's not out by precisely by the same amount for each string - my bad for indicating this might have been the case and why you rightly diagnosed your possible solution.

It's actually fine for a quick and dirty at gigs, particularly as I know its foibles.

**check the price. This was a < £12 piece of Korg tat. If you pay peanuts you invariably get monkeys! That's an equally good general principle methinks.

3 minutes ago, krispn said:

Ahh I thought from the picture you had the Korg jack plug tuner thing. 

It's the Korg 'Pitchjack' plug in - is that different to the one you're thinking of?

I don't think they're making them any more (which may say something!) ...

Yup that's the one. So there is 'flat' tuning adjustment available, but I don't make "use" of that i.e. it's on a normal setting.

Instead of being exactly central when the bass is in tune it will be both central and one next to it on the right lit up. It's close but not quite there.

Finally another update on my board, It's been a while.
AMpnpkX.jpg

What has changed?
- EQD GhostEcho is placed further down the chain, gives the best result before all the modulation effects.
- Modified the layout on the small board.
- Two new power supplies under the hood. Harley Benton ISO-1 Pro and ISO-2 Pro. The ISO-2 was chosen due to the need for 12 Volt with the Two Notes LeBass and the DG Microtubes X.
- Thanks to these new power supplies I could ditch a HB Junior and a few wall warts. Each pedal has its own power socket now - no more fiddling with daisy chains.
- Two new mini pedals, HoTone EKO en Tape EKO.
- TC Fluorescence back from pseudo retirement.
- Some new cables here and there.
- Some Rockboard light dampening caps for the pedals that have a spotlight for the on/off indication (all Earthquaker Devices and the MXR Envelope).

• Like 3

On 26/02/2019 at 13:39, Rick05 said:

Thanks, I played around a lot with this but like the attack I get when the b3k is first. Both sound good though

Kicked my ocd off again now as to ordering them again lol

The Duality definitely has more bite to it after the B3K but don’t think I use them both together in any context. They both land on an AO at the end of the chain so guess it’s all good 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, danny-79 said:

Kicked my ocd off again now as to ordering them again lol

The Duality definitely has more bite to it after the B3K but don’t think I use them both together in any context. They both land on an AO at the end of the chain so guess it’s all good 

Would love an AO but the sand amp is just too reliable to replace 

Here's my current board configuration along with settings, which are all fairly subtle...

Chain is from bottom row (Tuner) right to left, then top row right to left. 

I often drop the Sub 2 on the Sub 'n' Up Octaver right off to stop it getting too muddy in the low end as I play 5 string.

Yes, I know I've got a brand thing going on... 😊

fullsizeoutput_879.jpeg

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gillian57 said:

Here's my current board configuration along with settings, which are all fairly subtle...

I often drop the Sub 2 on the Sub 'n' Up Octaver right off to stop it getting too muddy in the low end as I play 5 string.

fullsizeoutput_879.jpeg

That’s. Lot of TC ! 

12 hours ago, Gillian57 said:

fullsizeoutput_879.jpeg

Lovely board.

i hope you are on commission 😃

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gillian57 said:

fullsizeoutput_879.jpeg

am i correct in saying all TC pedals are digital? 

If so thats alot of AD/DA conversion going on! do you ever notice any latency with more than say 6 or 7 pedals?

They're not all digital (all the overdrives are analog), and many of the digital effects have an analog dry signal that mixes with the processed digital portion (mostly the delay/reverb/modulations or anything with a clean blend).

But it is a fair comment, I even started a thread a while back posing the same question after seeing some monster boards with rows of digital pedals!

• Like 1

On 05/03/2019 at 11:08, GisserD said:

am i correct in saying all TC pedals are digital? 

If so thats alot of AD/DA conversion going on! do you ever notice any latency with more than say 6 or 7 pedals?

Dannybouy has given an excellent reply which just about covers most of it... 

Reckon that the most pedals I regularly use at the same time is four... Compression is usually on, then add whatever the song suits (eg Tube Drive + Overdrive + Distortion for a kinda ZZ Top sound). I don't notice a problem with signal latency when using a few pedals, and when not in use the signal is true bypass so no worries there either.

52 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

Mastotron x 2? They look to be set the same too - no fuzz but PW dimed. 

Even with the Fuzz dialed back, there's still a Gnarly amount of gristle on the tone.

yes 2 mastos! one of them is used exclusively in the GR2 loop on a downsweep

6 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Even with the Fuzz dialed back, there's still a Gnarly amount of gristle on the tone.

yes 2 mastos! one of them is used exclusively in the GR2 loop on a downsweep

I'll look into that. I'm equipped. I run mine in parallel with the Okto Nojs > Manta. 

46441982805_fcbf92ae1a_k.thumb.jpg.007fd46fc04e685bad851cf3d707367a.jpgx

2 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Had a bit of a re-jig to give space to the Future Impact... Have to decide whether to sell 3 Leaf and DOD envelope filters, plus Boss bass synth and bass overdrive.

20190313_152421_HDR.jpg

Get one of @GisserD's shmancy compact FI boxes! Then keep ALL the pedals.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Had a bit of a re-jig to give space to the Future Impact... Have to decide whether to sell 3 Leaf and DOD envelope filters, plus Boss bass synth and bass overdrive.

20190313_152421_HDR.jpg

Is it just me that finds this quite a strange board? ;) You nicely follow the thought of keeping enough space between pedals, and I like that, cause you don't want to be pushing wrong buttons etc, but then you put that upper left pedal sideways making it (in my eyes) extremely difficult to switch on any of those 4 knobs without touching a wrong one... I would leave the polytune constantly on, so it's easy to put it somewhere in the back, and make some place to put the 4 knob pedal in the front? 

• Like 1