Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

20 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Here's my small pedalboard which contains everything I need

[sfx] Micro Thumpinator

TC Electronic Spectracomp

Tech 21 VT Bass

TC Electronic Spark mini booster

powered from a caline CP-02

pedalboard.jpg

Just sold my vt-bass and mildly regret it. Cracking pedal

• Like 2

I had a bit of a re jig today as I bought a pedal / flight case from someone on here. I've been looking for one the right size to take my M13 and this one's perfect. I know it's not as interesting or diverse as many people's, but the M13 is everything I need, or am ever likely to need and now it's all boxed and easy to carry. If it ain't broke why fix it? 

IMG_20190209_171451.jpg

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@dave_bass5

You do realise the answer is a bigger board and then you could go from 'either or' to 'both and'!!

But you'll probably just end up buying more pedals, so scrap that thought! .... 😂

Good point, but I’m actually running out of things i want on it. The Spectradrive has been replaced with the BH800, and I cant think of any other effects I really need, other than maybe a mini sub n up. The Q/Strip will come off soon I except, so ill have room for something else. 

On 10/02/2019 at 09:19, danny-79 said:

Just when you think it’s perfect and can’t think of anything else you want or even need 🤘😜🤘

Oh yes, totally agree. in fact an hour before that photo was taken i had a BDDI in the place of the Q/strip. i refuse to buy a larger board as i know ill end up having to fill it. 🙄

• Haha 1

It's all gone too far! Basically a 3 channel rig that started life as a Muse rig...now I am back to 2 bass channels and one faux guitar channel...i guess think Royal blood. For those interested signal chain is 

P bass mid pickup.... tuner....lehle...to

CH1...pitch fork with exp pedal (love this on bass and guitar)...T rex bloody Mary (seriously underrated)..Boss Os2. (Fantastic in a mix)..mxr micro chorus...Nobels trem....alesis reverb/delay rack (would like to change this for timeline/grand Canyon/dispatch master etc) ..out to Peavey Valve king.. (this gets guitar tone with octave up but flipping octave back to unity with exp pedal adds extra grunt when needed)

CH2 from lehle ...Boss oc2.....animato (yum) ..big muff...sheehan deluxe drive (hell of a pedal) with ls2 in gain loop to blend in some crunch when clean...BMC (does a thing esp if you want mids boosted funily enough)...spectracomp....out to Marshall 7400

CH3 neck Pick up (woofer PU) on my adapted P Bass...Way huge green rhino (love this pedal) ....bass balls.(lol)..Big muff...FM pro rack..(love this) .EHX octave....prunes and custard..(great odd distortion sounds).. second Marshall 7400. 

P bass has 2 outputs. Board Works great as i like to play some G**tar as well.... if i plug guitar in to main input on board the signal splits through the lehle giving me the option to use wet/dry rig when recording. 

Downsides are power supplies and sheer weight...but sounds great from Sheehan to Motown .. looks good at night...lol

20181129_225324.jpg

20181129_225412.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 11/02/2019 at 23:48, Dudgeman said:

It's all gone too far! Basically a 3 channel rig that started life as a Muse rig...now I am back to 2 bass channels and one faux guitar channel...i guess think Royal blood. For those interested signal chain is 

P bass mid pickup.... tuner....lehle...to

CH1...pitch fork with exp pedal (love this on bass and guitar)...T rex bloody Mary (seriously underrated)..Boss Os2. (Fantastic in a mix)..mxr micro chorus...Nobels trem....alesis reverb/delay rack (would like to change this for timeline/grand Canyon/dispatch master etc) ..out to Peavey Valve king.. (this gets guitar tone with octave up but flipping octave back to unity with exp pedal adds extra grunt when needed)

CH2 from lehle ...Boss oc2.....animato (yum) ..big muff...sheehan deluxe drive (hell of a pedal) with ls2 in gain loop to blend in some crunch when clean...BMC (does a thing esp if you want mids boosted funily enough)...spectracomp....out to Marshall 7400

CH3 neck Pick up (woofer PU) on my adapted P Bass...Way huge green rhino (love this pedal) ....bass balls.(lol)..Big muff...FM pro rack..(love this) .EHX octave....prunes and custard..(great odd distortion sounds).. second Marshall 7400. 

P bass has 2 outputs. Board Works great as i like to play some G**tar as well.... if i plug guitar in to main input on board the signal splits through the lehle giving me the option to use wet/dry rig when recording. 

Downsides are power supplies and sheer weight...but sounds great from Sheehan to Motown .. looks good at night...lol

20181129_225324.jpg

20181129_225412.jpg

This makes me feel alot better about my board :)Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Current stomping ground. Really, really impressed with the B3n after a firmware update. Wasn’t sure about the choruses until the new Small Clone patch - nailed it guys!!

Wireless receiver > B3n > amp. Small box is foorswitch for Ampeg SVP PRO pre.

12C096A4-89E3-418B-B2BF-020C6D940F74.thumb.jpeg.42e51a3c6c13c5a80b4a10370737bc3a.jpeg

• Like 1

Pedalboard.thumb.png.ece4a524d84e48b16f1600dd866911e0.png

Mooer Bass Sweeper -> Polish Hate Fuzz -> Polish Love Overdrive -> Muza FD800 Modulation ToneBox -> Artec SE-ADL Buffered Analog Delay
Need to replace the stiff connectors with patch cables soon. The white fluff thing sticking to the pedalboard's surface is cat fur :P

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

Interesting to see a board like that @Dudgeman. Am in the early stages of planning a board/buying pedals for a bass and drums two piece thing. That said, running to three channels is unlikely for me, will be two max! My pedalboard will have to be a wee bit trimmed down compared to yours as well!

You can still get some massive sounds with 2 channels and dont forget that if you have pedals with a clean out..(like the EHX Octaver or a Bass Synth wah) you can run a clean signal direct to the desk giving you a completely clean channel... easy way to get a third channel if its just you and drums.... 

• Like 1

2019 seems to be all about MIDI. DD500 has displaced the El Capistan for now. Loving Tera Echo and Slow Gear.  I’ll probably get a Volante at some point since every delay I own ends up being judged on how close to a Binson it can get. Much later in the day though. 

CC allows me to have the filter and delay after the loop switcher and just set them to bypass unless needed. Source Audio C4 is likely to be the next purchase  - unless Source Audio really Mess up (unlikely) - it could replace the Manta!, Okto Nojs and the PS 6. 

DFE56888-60FC-42D4-B774-7CE96DBAC74C.thumb.jpeg.84c9f534209a2d7b8d152c407370b259.jpeg

• Like 4

Wanted to post my board on here. Iv had the same setup for a while now and love reverb and drive sounds.

The one I don’t really use is the octamiser, which is a shame.

id also like to add another drive in like the darkglass alpha onega or microtubes for some heavier stuff, but not sure yet.

33A75006-EF88-4CB5-A21C-61F9F326E856.jpeg

Edited by Rick05
  • Like 4

On 08/02/2019 at 14:17, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Here's my small pedalboard which contains everything I need

[sfx] Micro Thumpinator

TC Electronic Spectracomp

Tech 21 VT Bass

TC Electronic Spark mini booster

powered from a caline CP-02

pedalboard.jpg

the same (sweet spot)setting i always use on the VT, makes any amp great

• Like 3

C9A29ECC-FDC4-4E19-8B7D-BAE9EE30B470.thumb.jpeg.7cc0b0c40836daa7fc460a25cdc3eeb6.jpegAfter another bout of tweaking, this is where my board is at. It’s set-up to have two basses (fretted & fretless) plugged into the Preamp simultaneously, with 3 programmed tones (2 Clean & 1 Overdrive) for each bass. All the other pedals are linked through the internal FX loop of the SansAmp. The pedal order works for me, I’m delighted, although a few compromises were required for the greater good. 

The chain goes ...

Preamp (SansAmp Bass Driver Deluxe) >>> Tuner (Korg Pitch Black) >>> Compressor (MXR M87) >>> Synth/ Octavers (Markbass Super-Synth) >>> Fuzz (ZVEX Mastotron) >>> Envelope Filter (MXR M82) >>> Chorus/ Flanger (MXR M83) >>> Phaser/ Ring Modulator (Ibanez PM7) >>> Delay/ Reverb (Boss RV-3) >>> Volume/ Wah (Hotone Bass Press) >>> Boost (Mooer Pure Boost) >>> Looper 1 (TC Electronic Ditto) >>> Looper 2 (Boss RC-300 *not shown*) >>> DI/ Out (SansAmp again) ...

Elsewhere on the board, the PSU is a Diago Powerstation, plugged into a 3-port extension socket (adapted with a right-angled female kettle socket) . The 12v Markbass PSU also plugs in there, with a free socket available for my amp if needs be. I just plug a kettle cord into the board and I’m totally powered up and good to go. The patch leads are Bespeco. These have been totally reliable and are noise-free. The whole board operates very quietly and cleanly. The 3 buffered pedals are all good.

Also in the case is a wee box for bits n bobs; earplugs, spare patch lead, spare battery, capo (yes, a capo), and a couple of mutes. I made raised plinths of various heights to attach some of the pedals to, so that they’re all accessible/ easily clickable.

In addition to this board I use a multi-track Looper (Boss RC-300). It’s about 2/3 the size of my pedalboard, so it lives separately. That unit has its own FX section, though I only use the delay function. Very handy when looping, as the delays are synced.

I’m satisfied with this for now, but you know how it goes ... 

I’m already thinking about putting an anologue Octaver in there (in addition to the Markbass). I’ve got 3 switchable Octave settings programmed via the software on that, and they’re fantastic, especially when used in combination with other pedals ... but they do sound very digital. I had been thinking about the new MXR Vintage Bass Octave, though I’m coming round to the idea of the wee Valetone OC-2 rip-off. Small, cheap, and good.

Hmmm 🤔

7D5EEA9D-E989-4B5D-9819-005D96B5A8B6.thumb.jpeg.817ebbad52b4cbc559b364be803fc9af.jpeg

5D04CC6B-C0A4-4FFA-B96A-AA3E3FFB756E.thumb.jpeg.cd454f60ca3b6c03ff780bc8670f0db5.jpeg

3A0C6066-A608-4FEA-9C38-DD8D08774578.jpeg

Edited by Fionn
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Finbar said:

Lovely board :) What's in the corner next to the Ditto?

Thank you 🙂

Oh! I never noticed that was there. That’s my partner’s clip-on Snark tuner. She plays acoustic guitar around there.