Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 29/01/2019 at 10:40, operative451 said:

Ok, so anyone want to buy a zoom b3n? :D

with my little warwick bc15.1 amp what I like, this seems to be all I need..!

I just need an actual board, and I have an idea for that...!

20190128_213530.jpg

My first board was, literally, a weatherboard I had lying around in the garage. Screw some rubber feet on and you’re good to go.  Eventually it ended up painted metallic silver and had fancy bits like holes for cables drilled into it.

4 hours ago, Aliwobble said:

My first board was, literally, a weatherboard I had lying around in the garage. Screw some rubber feet on and you’re good to go.  Eventually it ended up painted metallic silver and had fancy bits like holes for cables drilled into it.

I was watching a 'rig rundown' on youtube and someone had a chopping board that they've stuck velcro on.. :D I plan on going to wilco at the weekend for a mini chopping board, some stick on feet and possibly some cool coloured spray paint.. :D

I'll do a build diary ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, operative451 said:

I was watching a 'rig rundown' on youtube and someone had a chopping board that they've stuck velcro on.. :D I plan on going to wilco at the weekend for a mini chopping board, some stick on feet and possibly some cool coloured spray paint.. :D

I'll do a build diary ;)

You'd better post a pic of said board covered in at least 39 clamps, else I'll get the Basschat Luthiers Guild involved!

22 hours ago, operative451 said:

I'll do a build diary ;)

I made mine out of an old pallet I blagged from my local bar. 

Cut it down to size. Edged with a bit of old tongue and groove I had knocking around. Painted black. Covered in double sided tape and velcro. The feet are actually a couple of old plastic bolts that you get in new washing machines to stop the barrel moving when it's being delivered. Total cost, about a fiver for the velcro and double sided tape. I don't think it looks too bad. 

IMG_20181019_103735.jpg

IMG_20181020_153254.jpg

IMG_20181020_172123.jpg

Edited by Newfoundfreedom
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Is it fair to say you're a fan of DG pedals?! 😄 

I'm guessing your favourite dirt is the AO? 

Yeah you could say that 😜

the AO is great, always on then kick the B3K in to give it a lift. 

Only put the Duality on today so still undecided about the best place for it. Before or After the B3. The two work very well together in either order just very differently 

14 minutes ago, Kamiel said:

Looks nice. Is it supposed to be future proof or is there an other reason you're leaving quite some open space? (Or now I think about it, do you already have the novo32?)

Yes @Kamiel I allready have all that stuff, but i´m trying to redo my board. The Delay, flanger, octave and reverb individual pedals might be out of this new iteration duo to the B3n. To much stepdance envolved at the moment :)

Still planning how i will distribute the pedals .

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, danny-79 said:

What Fuzz are you using and why infront of the B3K ? 

(Still can’t make my mind up. I’m fuzz first atm) 

It`s a Blackout Effectors - Musket Fuzz clone with a extra blend control .  I look at this as different gain stages. Sometimes i use them staked, sometimes individualy. But that´s just  the way i like  it. 

Now with the ES-5 i might even try  them in parallel . Many experiencies are still  to be made :) 

Edited by A.G.E.N.T.E.
  • Thanks 1

I have not posted in this thread since 2011!  Are any of the old big pedalboard crew still around? I'm thinking TaySte, Cheddatom, Shep etc

I’ve also barely played bass since 2011! 

Decided to move to a teeny tiny board (PT Nano+), but I think it was too small :( Definitely feel like I’m missing things, but I've simply run out of room. A lot of this board is taken up with 'boring' stuff, so I might try and move the wireless and the Thumpinator underneath. There isn’t a lot of room under here though!  Currently using a Diago power supply 'off board', but looking to stick a Cioks DC5 under there when I get paid. 

The Catalinbread Hyperpak is a placeholder for... I’m not sure what yet. Might just leave it there. Also may take the DG footswitch off - I find the volume jump when you want to turn the dirt channel on is pretty jarring (plus I like dirt before reverb), so that might just become another grit/gain stage pedal. Not sure yet.

1A6BD0FC-E5D5-46F6-A797-DA6DEE0ADFA4.jpeg

Edited by Finbar
  • Like 1

It's the M500, not sure if it makes too much of a difference. 

To be fair, I've only used the footswitch at home, it's not been to the practice room yet. I've barely notched the master volume up past zero before it gets loud enough to bother neighbours. I have a feeling if I play with it a bit more at real volumes I'll work the levels out. I didn't buy the amp for its clean sound anyway, so it might just become a glorified Mute switch ;) 

Well after many months of tweaking and buying and selling I'm very happy with my current setup in the following signal chain!

MXR Bass Envelope Filter

3 Leaf Pwnzor compressor 

Iron Ether Subterranea 

Cog Custom T65 octave (with  the following in its loop, in order to run the octave in parallel)

Iron Ether Oxide fuzz

Malekko Scrutator (bit/sample/filter)

Mooer Sweeper 

Then into!

Cog Custom Grand Tarkin Fuzz

Source Audio Manta Filter

MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe

MXR EVH Phase 90

TC Iron Curtain Noise gate

Plenty of synthy goodness and all powered with a Cioks Dc5 😁

For once in not gassing too much for anything else! (Nose getting bigger)

20190208_220116.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, lee650 said:

Well after many months of tweaking and buying and selling I'm very happy with my current setup in the following signal chain!

MXR Bass Envelope Filter

3 Leaf Pwnzor compressor 

Iron Ether Subterranea 

Cog Custom T65 octave (with  the following in its loop, in order to run the octave in parallel)

Iron Ether Oxide fuzz

Malekko Scrutator (bit/sample/filter)

Mooer Sweeper 

Then into!

Cog Custom Grand Tarkin Fuzz

Source Audio Manta Filter

MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe

MXR EVH Phase 90

TC Iron Curtain Noise gate

Plenty of synthy goodness and all powered with a Cioks Dc5 😁

For once in not gassing too much for anything else! (Nose getting bigger)

20190208_220116.jpg

Haha...What do you notice about the pedals in the T65 loop?

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

Haha...What do you notice about the pedals in the T65 loop?

Lol!! I know,all 3 from you! You're my pusherman 😂 they sound fantastic though. Trying to decide whether to use the Scrutator in LP or BP mode! I quite liked the BP setting as its cleaner and I'm getting plenty bottom from the T65.

Edited by lee650

Looks good Lee650 :) ... so how about a little demo of the kind of various sounds you can get out of your setup ? Hoping video files can be added to threads Moderators ?

This applies to all BCers with pedal boards, just think it would make this thread even better.

(I’m awaiting some new switches for my ‘ramp’ pedal so I’ll post once new board complete lol)

• Like 2

@sifi2112

Yeah great suggestion! My interest isn't what's on the boards as much as the noises and sounds created with them and the context folks are using them in. I struggle to see where I need more than a bit of drive or eq so to see these 14 pedal behemoth boards I'm baffled  - limited by my own tunnel vision no doubt - but I'm confident people are making far more interesting and textured noises than my brain could conjure up with the same wealth of tools!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jean-Luc Pickguard said:

Here's my small pedalboard which contains everything I need

[sfx] Micro Thumpinator

TC Electronic Spectracomp

Tech 21 VT Bass

TC Electronic Spark mini booster

powered from a caline CP-02

pedalboard.jpg

Just sold my vt-bass and mildly regret it. Cracking pedal

• Like 2