Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Potentially a really good thought. I'd just need to check whether it would then be too big for the case! The midi hub doesn't "need" to be on the board but it's just very convenient to have it connected up ready to usb to my computer for software editing of the two SA pedals. 

Sounds like crazy ralk to me. Whip that badboy off and replace it with a usefull noise generation/signal shaping device!!! 

A work in progress: Still waiting for some patch-cables, and by now the thing is spray-painted black as night.
28umv60.jpg

Chain:

Bass -> Loopmaster
TU) Boss Tu3
1) EHX Big Muff Pi
3) Way Huge Swollen Pickle
3) EHX LPB1 + Gun Custom Fuzz
4) EHX Qtron+
5) Empty
6) MXR Variphase
-> MXR Bass Compressor -> Amp (Fender Bassman 100t)

Next thing I fancy is a decent power supply, but I've got to save some money first. The empty slot is for a delay, a way huge aqua puss or something like that, but again, first have to save some money.

On 15/06/2018 at 19:13, Al Krow said:

Do you have some taller feet you can recommend that fits a Metro 24 board?

Sadly not as of yet. Like you, I am concerned that if I add taller feet that its might be a squeeze to fit in the hard case. I am currently in the middle of sourcing some suitable material to fabricate a couple of removable riser blocks so that the board remains effectively unchanged but with the option to add the height when needed. Might not be a suitable option for you though I thought I would share it.

5 hours ago, Kamiel said:

A work in progress: Still waiting for some patch-cables, and by now the thing is spray-painted black as night.
28umv60.jpg

Chain:

Bass -> Loopmaster
TU) Boss Tu3
1) EHX Big Muff Pi
3) Way Huge Swollen Pickle
3) EHX LPB1 + Gun Custom Fuzz
4) EHX Qtron+
5) Empty
6) MXR Variphase
-> MXR Bass Compressor -> Amp (Fender Bassman 100t)

Next thing I fancy is a decent power supply, but I've got to save some money first. The empty slot is for a delay, a way huge aqua puss or something like that, but again, first have to save some money.

Great board!! 

Although it really bothers me that your M87 Isn't set right! 

4 hours ago, cLepto-bass said:

Sadly not as of yet. Like you, I am concerned that if I add taller feet that its might be a squeeze to fit in the hard case. I am currently in the middle of sourcing some suitable material to fabricate a couple of removable riser blocks so that the board remains effectively unchanged but with the option to add the height when needed. Might not be a suitable option for you though I thought I would share it.

I've not tried any replacement feet but there is quite a bit of clearance in the hard case. I have a Bass Whammy with an Option Knob sticking out the top on mine and the lid closes without an issue!

49 minutes ago, GisserD said:

Great board!! 

Although it really bothers me that your M87 Isn't set right! 

I don't have it very long, still trying to figure things out. Any tips? Things to do or don't?

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

I've not tried any replacement feet but there is quite a bit of clearance in the hard case. I have a Bass Whammy with an Option Knob sticking out the top on mine and the lid closes without an issue!

6 hours ago, cLepto-bass said:

Hah! So just purely "theoretical" advice from you boys. In which case, I'll stick to my current set up, until these mythical feet appear that leave enough clearance both below and above. Fortunately my current set up stops me from GAS'ing for other pedals due to a strict "one on one off" requirement! :) 

Edited by Al Krow

It's quite easy to test, work out how much taller the board would have to be to accommodate the power supply going underneath, then put some books or something else of equivalent thickness in the bottom of the hard case. Then close the lid and see if you have to apply any force to compress the foam, a little is ok but you don't want an overly tight fit. There's quite a few people on Talkbass who have modded their Pedaltrains but most of it seems to be random gubbins found in a local hardware shop rather than stuff you can link to!

8 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Looking good. What are planning to transport it in?

I'm planning on finding an old suitcase (don't know if that's really the right word for it, I'm not English...) and I'm gonna put some padding on the inside to make everything nice and tight. My first Idea was to really build a case from scratch, with this being the bottom, but my woodworking skills aren't good enough to make that work and still make it look good. 

13 hours ago, Kamiel said:

I'm planning on finding an old suitcase (don't know if that's really the right word for it, I'm not English...) and I'm gonna put some padding on the inside to make everything nice and tight. My first Idea was to really build a case from scratch, with this being the bottom, but my woodworking skills aren't good enough to make that work and still make it look good. 

I did this with an old homemade board , got an awesome old suitcase from a charity shop for £6! Unfortunately it got stolen. Without the pedals in it fortunately!

1 hour ago, MarshallBTB said:

I did this with an old homemade board , got an awesome old suitcase from a charity shop for £6! Unfortunately it got stolen. Without the pedals in it fortunately!

My last (and significantly smaller) board was carried in a small old suitcase, hence the idea! And indeed, in a second hand shop that shouldn't cost me to much!

Untitled.png.4ea31f20e8609ba7d829e1153ead92a5.png 

Full house. Path is LS2 Loop A>Okto Nojs>PS6>Pork Loin>Scrutator>Manta>VP>Flashback>Ditto 1>. El Cap and Ditto 2 are post LS2 so I can mess with the output of Ditto 1 through the sound-on-sound and then loop it. The expression pedal controls either the filter sweep or the sample rate on the Scrutator, depending on what I'm attempting.  It's a bit cramped to be honest.  I'll probably try moving the loopers and the El Cap onto a Nano+ and spread the gigging pedals out a bit. I'm fairly likely to sell the El Cap and replace it with a nice reverb (Afterneath maybe). It doesn't really get enough use and for all the Flashback's limitations as a tape sim, I still use it more often, and the toneprint option is my main delay sound. Everything else stays for now and I don’t want a bigger board.

Edited by radiophonic
  • Like 2

On 01/06/2018 at 10:18, ordep said:

Hi Al, I only have owned the SYB-5 before this, and tbh there is no comparison. I actually stopped looking for another synth pedal after owning this as the possibilities are endless. 

I've actually got both on my board: the FI is amazing, and I do have a midi expression pedal attached to it, and for years the SYB-5 was really a curio: then I got the roland EV expression pedal and attached it to the SYB-5 and it came *alive*.

The SYB-5 is an utterly different beast with the expression pedal on. The tones are amazing for solos - even the distortion "synth" on it becomes really usable - the sweep on the pedal is enormous.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, basexperience said:

I've actually got both on my board: the FI is amazing, and I do have a midi expression pedal attached to it, and for years the SYB-5 was really a curio: then I got the roland EV expression pedal and attached it to the SYB-5 and it came *alive*.

The SYB-5 is an utterly different beast with the expression pedal on. The tones are amazing for solos - even the distortion "synth" on it becomes really usable - the sweep on the pedal is enormous.

Are you using your FI and SYB-5 in a band / live performance context? If so, would love to hear them in action - e.g. a video or audio clip on this thread would be great:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, basexperience said:

So the HX still can't match an OC-2 with anything? Disclaimer - I've got an OC-2 on my pedalboard too 😉

It doesn't get far off, and I'd happily use the HX on its own (and did when I first got it), but side by side it still doesn't have the same feel as an actual OC-2, if that makes sense. Especially for the classic oct 1 setting, which is how I keep it set. I do use the Octave on the HX for a 'normal' octave effect, set with a low mix to beef up certain parts.

The HX is fantastic though, takes a bit of time to learn all the routing options but it's well worth putting the time in. 

Edited by MarshallBTB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hugsonic said:

Heres mine. Loveing the SA stuff especially the Aftershock. Goodbye B3K. Biggest suprise is i can use it as a clean boost as well, set it up to have a parametric mid boost. Still need the analog octaver though. 

20180708_223923.jpg

Thats a really great board! 

I miss my future impact :(