Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

32 minutes ago, Callumjord said:

My 2017 pedal board vs 2018 pedal board. A lot of the venues I played last year turned out to be pretty tight for space and decided that I'd rather have something more compact and light to take around, leaving me more room to dance around, rather than taking a massive pedalboard. 

20180501_172631.jpg

20180501_185033.jpg

I never even considered rd making my board smaller. Never even thaught it was an option.

Kudos to your groundbreaking work sir!!! 

11 hours ago, GisserD said:

I never even considered rd making my board smaller. Never even thaught it was an option.

Kudos to your groundbreaking work sir!!! 

Yeah, for me it has to be practical over everything else. The old pedalboard was taking up too much room on stage and I like to move around. Had to my some sacrifices though, I am now using the in built compressor on my ashdown head than the Boss comp and also using the drive from the head as well. I picked up one of the foot switches for the amp and it sits next to the pedal board. But I still managed to get the main effects on

2 hours ago, pantherairsoft said:

It’s been a looooooong time since I posted a pedalboard and this is the smallest one I’ve ever used! Put together for a reunion gig with an old band. Full rehearsal tonight. Sounded great!

A2077C5D-FD92-42BB-95FE-F4CFF66D409F.jpeg

That orange juice is a little beast!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 0175westwood29 said:

32547784_641517122858508_1910252881752096768_o.thumb.jpg.55750fae467f188d262a6c06879b2329.jpg

current layout, will be changing tomorrow as ive got a few new pedals i wanna try out. 

No sign of that amazing Cog T70 Andy!! Any chance it'll be hitting the classifieds? 😉

Put two boards together today that will likely stay put for a while whilst I offload a bunch of pedals! I’ve run out of Velcro though so some are just being held by cables/gravity. Also ignore settings as they’d not been adjusted after put them together.

Rock board. A bit of a squeeze and can’t quite reach all the buttons on the DP-3X, but it’s always on so no biggie. I’ve found the DP-3X to be so touch sensitive that I don’t need an extra dirt pedal, I just have to exercise more control! I do like to run a wah before it and delay/phaser at the end though, and that would pretty much just be more board if my band had not imploded. So since I’m playing mostly by myself, I’ve combined this with my faux Royal Blood style setup; ABY switch goes to the wah then the dUg on one side, and Tender/Whammy/Joyo/Delay/Phaser/Mimiq on the other. With the stereo doubler on the octave up and the bass panned central, it sounds amazing through headphones. I want to try a stereo phaser in place of the Phase 90 now!

283C01AD-1DF4-4085-904C-7A3CA9E98358.thumb.jpeg.95a26cb77215648f4b316b7fe123d78a.jpeg

Funk board! VTDI is a very versatile pre, and there are great synth sounds to be found from running the Octabvre 100% wet into the BB Preamp and Fwonkbeta, or even both filters combined.

2B496736-1713-4DEB-B463-C00F9BAA7212.thumb.jpeg.dd7efae39fd99aa2c798e46480c77c6b.jpeg

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 2

Had a bit of a recent cull due to needing funds for an upcoming family holiday! So as my EBS head has a decent compressor built in,ive moved on MXR comp. Ive also moved on the 3 leaf Doom which ive replaced with the cheaper and still great Zvex Mastatron. Moved on the Wonderful Cog T16,and will just have to adjust my T65 for diffrent sounds. Sold my block phase 90 and replaced it with the funky looking EVH phase 90 (has script/block tones) 

My board was pretty crowded before and now just nice! Liking Dannybouys idea of two different boards though.

20180526_114343.jpg

• Like 2

Guess what?
A few new pedals.
W2ZDfl8.jpg
Boss overdrive replaced by a EQD Westwood, EH Canyon (was used as a shimmer) replaced by a TC electronic Fluorescence shimmer  reverb.
Canyon moved to after the Boss reverb as a clean delay.
Moved around a few things on the secondary board, no changes to the chain after the Canyon.

2 minutes ago, blablas said:

Guess what?
A few new pedals.
W2ZDfl8.jpg
Boss overdrive replaced by a EQD Westwood, EH Canyon (was used as a shimmer) replaced by a TC electronic Fluorescence shimmer  reverb.
Moved around a few things on the secondary board, no changes to the chain after the Canyon.

when my wife gets angry at me for having too many pedals... i show her your pedalboard :)

so thanks!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, blablas said:

Guess what?
A few new pedals.
W2ZDfl8.jpg

I get the feeling your pedalboards are what pedal-phobes imagine whenever they hear anyone talking about pedals

• Haha 1

I have kinda shared this in another post but I thought I'd share it here and go into a bit more detail:

5b10087bc6dd7_Rig1.thumb.jpg.3d1efe0a7229ca73c9f621cdadf1742e.jpg

5b10089c2582f_Rig2.thumb.jpg.b8d47188a53dbbe71bb086572d56f633.jpg

So this is my pedal board/Rig in a box, the general idea behind it is I play solo, electronic drums off backing tracks, so to gig I take this box and my bass, that's it. The bass signal is split in two, a dry chain and a wet chain:

Dry chain; Boss TU -> AROMA ABL-5 Mini Bass Limiter  -> Behringer Xenyx Mixer

Wet Chain; Boss TU-> Digitech Bass Whammy -> Morley Bass Wah ->  Palmer Depressor (Hidden under the shelf) -> Big Muff Pi Nano -> TC Ditto (this changes in and out, just here for fun/practice at the mo, I'm going to have a nice envelope filter here at some point) -> NUX Time Core -> ISP Decimator (again under the shelf) -> Donner Volume Pedal -> DHA-VT1 Bass Driver D.I. -> Behringer Xenyx Mixer

Then there's my TC Helicon Create XT for my vocal processing and my lenovo tab 7 that's running my backing/click tracks. I have live mix-downs of my tracks where the drums are panned hard left and the click hard right, so I send the left out to the mixer and the click to my in-ear monitor amp (the little black box behind the mixer). I send a mono full mix to the front of house that they treat like they're playing a CD through the PA (I send it at mic level -20 dB peak so I can run through a D.I., the stage box  or whatever they're working with without clipping anything). My in-ears are hard wired and I get a full mix plus click, no amp, no fuss, set up in 1 min flat. I'm very happy with/proud of it. :D

Edited by Akio Dāku
Missed my pre-amp from my wet chain haha
  • Like 2

Updated board!

5b1065eccd211_2018-05-3121_21_00.thumb.jpg.9d4629c3010746d796da0743bb7c8b1c.jpg

New additions are the Darkglass Alpha Omicron, Boss TU-3, and a midi channel selector for the bass whammy (I jump between quite a few of the settings, and the twiddleknob just isn't practical for that). I've said goodbye (for now) to my envelope filter and tremelo

Current signal path is:

Bass -> (passive DI box) -> tuner -> whammy -> flanger -> B3K overdrive -> Boss LS-2 (channel A -> Alpha Omicron, channel B -> Aftershock) -> Two Notes preamp (effects loop: send -> delay -> reverb -> return) -> amp

Group photo of my boards. I separated the Noble+Cali because sometimes that is all I need. Or will just choose between the two fun boards depending who I am playing with. 

AF7DDB43-7B58-4C13-9764-9CFB1448479B.jpeg

Edited by ordep
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, ordep said:

Group photo of my boards. I separated the Noble+Cali because sometimes that is all I need. Or will just choose between the two fun boards depending who I am playing with. 

Some really nice kit on those boards! 

How do you rate the FI compared to other synth pedals (which ones?) you've had?

17 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Some really nice kit on those boards! 

How do you rate the FI compared to other synth pedals (which ones?) you've had?

Hi Al, I only have owned the SYB-5 before this, and tbh there is no comparison. I actually stopped looking for another synth pedal after owning this as the possibilities are endless. 

10 minutes ago, ordep said:

Hi Al, I only have owned the SYB-5 before this, and tbh there is no comparison. I actually stopped looking for another synth pedal after owning this as the possibilities are endless. 

So you went from an 'also ran' synth to one of the very best out there without having to go through the trials and tribulations of a bunch of others. That is highly efficient.