Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

56E686EE-4CD9-467C-B3EC-118B6A29FF8B.thumb.jpeg.10793ec8e3489901fb208a6aa76a32d4.jpeg

Got the Vitoos DC8 power supply in today. What they don’t show in any of the photos is the text that says that the last six outlets are isolated from A&B. So, I got my money’s worth, but I’m debating sending it back simply because it really is false advertising. But it’s also cheap, fits on the board and does what I need it to; everything is dead quiet now that I’ve figured out which pedal needed to be totally isolated. 

• Like 2

204419B9-3C8B-4CC9-A1E5-807B294C58F8.thumb.jpeg.3419a5fe52a78a62b515a72456a8229b.jpeg My board last night for my gig with ‘And Finally...Phil Collins’

Turbo Tuner>Octamizer>Cali76>Xotic Stereo XBlender>Loop 1 Send (Knightfall)>Loop 2 Send>(Pickle Fuzz>AF9)> Thumpinator

Loop 1 is always on, for a little bit of grit and bite from the COG. Loop 2 is fuzz and/or filter. Powered by a Gigrig Generator. The Stereo XBlender is powered by an Xotic 18V doubler.

Airturn PedPro for switching pages on ForScore

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Very nice James! I accidentally went to the beginning  of this thread and saw your board from 2007 very different  :)

Haha! Yes. It’s definitely changed a lot! I’ve never been happier than with the sound I have now though 😁

Big board update over the last few weeks. Synth voice, corona, spectracomp and hardwire reverb in... Empress comp, xerograph sa reverb out. 

Mounted the spectracomp and broughton high pass under the board to save space and they act as in and out terminals. Works great!!!

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danbowskill said:

Nothing super Fancy, but for a great punky alt tone It's awesome :-)

I know you've been through quite a variety of dirt pedals from your items in FS(!) - how does the amptweaker stack up against the others you've had? Have you found the dirt that you've been looking for?

Depends what sound your gunning for? It's very mid heavy( quite tube screamer like) sounding and colours your tone......but that's what I was needing, cuts great through the mix, if it didn't have the low clean mod I don't think I'd like it.

Compared to a lot of dirts ive gone through its definitely a keeper,I love it :-)

Edited by danbowskill

Nice and tidy! Although that one MIDI cable on the HUB seems horrifyingly pinched :D As for myself, I am looking for a compact MIDI cable to, to connect the HUB with other pedals on a dense and compact board...

On 20-4-2018 at 08:37, GisserD said:

Big board update over the last few weeks. Synth voice, corona, spectracomp and hardwire reverb in... Empress comp, xerograph sa reverb out. 

Mounted the spectracomp and broughton high pass under the board to save space and they act as in and out terminals. Works great!!!

DSC_0271.JPG

DSC_0272.JPG

DSC_0273.JPG

My 2017 pedal board vs 2018 pedal board. A lot of the venues I played last year turned out to be pretty tight for space and decided that I'd rather have something more compact and light to take around, leaving me more room to dance around, rather than taking a massive pedalboard. 

20180501_172631.jpg

20180501_185033.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Callumjord said:

My 2017 pedal board vs 2018 pedal board. A lot of the venues I played last year turned out to be pretty tight for space and decided that I'd rather have something more compact and light to take around, leaving me more room to dance around, rather than taking a massive pedalboard. 

20180501_172631.jpg

20180501_185033.jpg

I never even considered rd making my board smaller. Never even thaught it was an option.

Kudos to your groundbreaking work sir!!!