Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

mine as it stands now! A brief spell of unemployment forced me to sell my cali cb! but I got sorted and got myself another cog T16 a Mooer lofi machine and an MXR bass compressor. The your doom,sweeper and lofi machine are in the cog T65 loop and all in the wonderloves loop! it makes some very responsive synth sounds!! love it to bits :)

2018-03-04 21.00.54.png

20180304_154425.jpg

20180304_154503.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 3

To this...

The new board is already full, so I think (hope?) that should mean this is now going to be a pretty 'final' incarnation. For a little while anyway!

(I suspect @Skol303 may be surprised to see a particular type of pedal on both boards; a direct consequence of too much tilting at windmills :) )

Pedal Board - Gigging II (March 2018).JPG

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2

Comp > Harmonist > Bitcrusher > OD > Chorus > LS 2

Delays + Loopers in Loop 1, Phase 90 in loop 2. Stereo volume pedal controls input to delay loop and expression control for either El Cap or PS 6. Mono volume pedal is expression control for the filter on the Scrutator. 

060D86E7-3D9F-4508-BB68-E7A37360AC0E.jpeg

• Like 1

Glad to see the recent increase of boards with bitcrushers on them =].

One thing I'm curious about though, how are people using the multiple loopers? I use one at the beginning and end of chain (record short loop on first looper, play about with effects and capture on second looper), but these seam to be setup next to eachother?

1 minute ago, elephantgrey said:

Glad to see the recent increase of boards with bitcrushers on them =].

One thing I'm curious about though, how are people using the multiple loopers? I use one at the beginning and end of chain (record short loop on first looper, play about with effects and capture on second looper), but these seam to be setup next to eachother?

I use them both in the delay loop - I've been stacking intervals using a volume pedal into a short modulated delay into a long clean delay. The effect is something like Twin Peaks or Wolfgang Voigt. I cab then play melodies over the top. The second looper gives me the option of spreading the workload so I can erase in a different order to which I added - allowing a chord change to develop - or copy from one loop to another along with a looped rhythm (almost impossible with a single looper if you are using a volume pedal). The PS6 gives me the option of stacking over several octaves too. I'm still getting the hang of it, but t sounds pretty huge. The advantage of having them inside the loop is that I can kill the whole thing with one tap.

50 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

I use them both in the delay loop - I've been stacking intervals using a volume pedal into a short modulated delay into a long clean delay. The effect is something like Twin Peaks or Wolfgang Voigt. I cab then play melodies over the top. The second looper gives me the option of spreading the workload so I can erase in a different order to which I added - allowing a chord change to develop - or copy from one loop to another along with a looped rhythm (almost impossible with a single looper if you are using a volume pedal). The PS6 gives me the option of stacking over several octaves too. I'm still getting the hang of it, but t sounds pretty huge. The advantage of having them inside the loop is that I can kill the whole thing with one tap.

Interesting. Makes me want a third looper to go along with my start of chain one.

25 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

@basshead56 I have a EHX B9 in my to-sell pile! ;)

And you'll just need to arrange safe postage to New Zealand... :) 

@basshead56 interested that you're also after a FI. I'm just wondering whether to hold off until their version 2 is released (and make do with my Markbass SS in the meantime), but no real idea when that might be!

Edited by Al Krow

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

And you'll just need to arrange safe postage to New Zealand... :) 

@basshead56 interested that you're also after a FI. I'm just wondering whether to hold off until their version 2 is released (and make do with my Markbass SS in the meantime), but no real idea when that might be!

Didn't know there was a second-gen coming...

I sold my MB Super Synth a couple of years ago. As much as I loved it, I just couldn't get the sound in my head to materialise. Pity I couldn't hook it to my brain instead... haha.

Said sound appears to be one of the factory defaults according to videos I've watched.

6 hours ago, basshead56 said:

Didn't know there was a second-gen coming...

I sold my MB Super Synth a couple of years ago. As much as I loved it, I just couldn't get the sound in my head to materialise. Pity I couldn't hook it to my brain instead... haha.

Said sound appears to be one of the factory defaults according to videos I've watched.

Did you edit your MB SS through the PC software editor? Be interested if you have a link to the said video as to what the factory default sound was and see if I can get there on mine...

I'm just having a wild guess that FI mk2 should be due for release soon simply on the grounds that the original FI was released at the tail end of 2015, but I could be completely wrong on that one!

Ok I’m sorry alright.  I’m sorry it’s changed again.  My name’s James and I had a problem with GAS.  I’m a few weeks clean now (pedal-wise anyway.  Still really want a TE ELF though).  

Anyway, went a bit crazy buying stuff I wanted but quickly realised I would never use a lot of it.  Invested in a pedaltrain nano+ yesterday and built it all today after being snowed off work.  Got one spare power point available for something to sit next to the board, that’ll be reserved for a spectradrive when they’re out.

F1999C0F-C653-4B7A-B674-A5690D274EF1.jpeg

6A07A058-C51A-4787-BC32-B12E5CD4EEEF.jpeg

4FAD96B5-B27A-4F10-B86C-A729829C51BA.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...