Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 minute ago, GazWills said:

what do you think of the hard case Higgie, is it pretty solid? Also, how snugly does the board fit in there??

It feels pretty solid to me. It’s not as solid as the case my Novo24 was in (the one with the butterfly latches) but it’s definitely good enough to gig with. I haven’t used it live yet so will let you know how I get on after a few gigs with it!

The board fits pretty snugly, not much clearance. I had to position the AF9 so that the jack didn’t overhang the edge of the board.

Yeah - On my Metro16 with softcase I could afford to have the Stereo XBlender above the tuner, the jacks hanging over the back wasn't an issue. Glad I went for the 24 now, as I definitely wouldn't have been able to get it on a 20 side by side!

1 hour ago, dannybuoy said:

That is a downside of the hard case - my previous PT boards I could get away with a bit of overhang here and there but not so with these! With bearing in mind if trying to decide which version to get.

Ok - that's useful to know. So worth thinking about a Metro 24 with hard case, if you were planning on a Metro 20 with soft case etc?

I've always got cables just slightly over! that's putting me off the HC now. The soft cases are awful,the new premium soft cases look excellent but cost a fortune. If only they did the premium SC with the board incl that woukd make my mind up as i was torn between the metro 24 and classic jnr (both hold roughly the same)

1 hour ago, lee650 said:

I've always got cables just slightly over! that's putting me off the HC now. The soft cases are awful,the new premium soft cases look excellent but cost a fortune. If only they did the premium SC with the board incl that woukd make my mind up as i was torn between the metro 24 and classic jnr (both hold roughly the same)

one of the reason why I “upgraded” to a JR sized from a Metro24 SC; so I can use the Mono case that is currently on sale from its UK distributor. 

Having said that, here is my board in progress, found a used Temple Duo 17. Not yet wired as my Guma Drive is not yet assembled. :-)

81AD68A9-6A81-45F8-AF22-843639E4DB92.jpeg

Edited by ordep
  • Like 2

I snagged a B3 on here which has replaced my MS-60B and my GEB-7......

IMG_20180207_183908.thumb.jpg.06a8481a8ba000f2cece6faa98a09ec3.jpg

...but I haven't used that board yet, as I put the Zoom and a few other things on a spare board and I've now used this at a rehearsal and a gig!

IMG_20180207_183413.thumb.jpg.66802c8b5e838e5dac0d10b3f0c72b15.jpg

48 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Don't see a setup like that very often! How do you use the Behringer? Assume the Radial is your DI?

I get the feeling that we will more and more though. Really good, really light PA systems and digital mixers have made a traditional rig optional for many people! Did I see you in a frfr thread somewhere? :)

Yup, the radial out to the PA and the Behringer to my Barefaced fr800(s) if I need a backline. Our PA is decent enough that I usually don't take a backline if we're providing the PA but I always like the insurance when the venue say that they're providing the PA. The Behringer ensures that the cabs get a decent signal that I can control the volume of easily.

3 minutes ago, Citizen3rased said:

It's quite thin actually. From what I've seen so far, some people find the necks too thin for their taste. Fortunately I have no issue with mine.

Interesting. I can recall Kevin saying that in general EGC's benefited from heavier strings (resonance) and It'd kind of assumed he was taking a high-mass approach. I guess for basses it's less of an issue since the amount of metal is already very large. I'd sure be tempted if I could afford one!

21 hours ago, LegateNaarifin said:

I doubt EHX sell many Deluxe Big Muffs to funk disco / jazz guys xD I spot the Vortex Mini you have tucked away in the corner there, are you running that standard or with any particular toneprint(s)?

It’s standard. I love having the choice between Bass Clone, Vortex and Small Stone.

Small Stone is smooth, Bass Clone thickens things up and the best word for Vortex is swoosh + crunch. YMMV!

• Like 1

It'd be really useful if people described how they use their boards and the logic of the signal path. There's so much variety and so little overlap between boards, that I often have a really hard time imagining what combinations of pedals are being used and what kind of noise can be achieved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, radiophonic said:

It'd be really useful if people described how they use their boards and the logic of the signal path. There's so much variety and so little overlap between boards, that I often have a really hard time imagining what combinations of pedals are being used and what kind of noise can be achieved. 

I like this idea, so I'll start with my pretty much stable for now (and currently horrendously messy) board:

20180214_101459.thumb.jpg.b1f5caed9d58decfc14b463db07b736b.jpg

My signal path is:

Bass ----> Donner tuner -> ART passive DI box (only when I'm recording) -> Digitech Bass Whammy -> TC Electronic Vortex Mini flanger -> Boss LS-2 line selector

Line A out -> Darkglass B3K -> Line A in

Line B out -> SA Aftershock -> Line B in

LS-2 -> Belcat tremolo -> TC Electronic Flashback delay -> Donner Verb Square reverb -> Two Notes Audio Le Bass preamp ---->  amp (Carvin BX700)

I'd say the only time I go against ""conventional"" pedal order is that I like my flanger before my overdrives. It makes the flange more subtle and a part of the overdriven sound, rather than overwriting it. Other than that, everything's pretty much what it says on the tin. I run the B3K and Aftershock in parallel for really wide, meaty distortion. Oh, and I often use the chorus settings on the Whammy, which again I like before overdrive. Something about modulation before overdrive just clicks with me.

I tend to write progy rock/metal stuff, and this board has a nice large palette of tones that I can use. I run the Le Bass in cold fusion, with a bit of grit and a nice bump in the high mids. The B3K on top of that makes for a really trebly, grindy overdrive with lots of harmonics. At the moment the Aftershock is set to a filthy octave-fuzz kinda sound, and sounds mega alongside the B3K. For atmospheric parts, I like to use the flanger (set slow and fairly deep) and reverb, and sometimes delay. Very spacey-sounding. And for melancholic lead bass stuff, I'll use a Whammy upper octave harmony, flanger, and maybe reverb. The tremolo I have set very choppy and don't use very much, but I'm sure I will! xD