Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

22 hours ago, Higgie said:

Great board man! You've got me thinking about a bigger Metro now...my Metro16 is just slightly too small! 

Thanks mate. I am actually thinking of moving up into a PT JR as I wanted to fit another pedal.. :-D

2 hours ago, lee650 said:

I've a metro 20 and it's very full!! so I need to go up to a metro 24 or ive been thinking on the classic 1 as i keep needing bigger boards! I them decide to go all minimalist and go small, it's an endless cycle :)

Calling first dibs if you want to sell mate....

Great mini board too Ordep!

I've got the Nano+ 'cos I wanted something uber small for gigging. Trouble is, it's uber small for pedals! :D

I've also got a Classic Jr which kinda feels too big for my needs, although on the plus side I can get my Ciocks DC8 underneath it with the tilted frame, whereas with the Nano and Metros you can only fit a Ciocks DC5 underneath (assuming you have Ciocks and not something else!).

On a scale where a Nano + can get 5 'normal' Boss pedals on, I reckon that  the Metro 16 = 7 Boss pedals, Metro 20 = 9 Boss pedals, Metro 24 = 11 Boss pedals, Classic Jr = 12 Boss pedals (and a chunkier power supply underneath)

Does anyone use a hardcase with their pedal board for better protection, or is a soft case just fine in your experience?

softcase is fine for me, but so far I have only done pub bar/function gigs. No crazy tours yet. 

Btw, Mono case for a pedaltrain Jr is on sale at madisonandfifth for £51 shipped. Just bought one so I am now “forced” to move to a PT jr. :-D

https://store.madisonandfifth.co.uk/mono-m80-pb1-pedal-board-case---few-remaining-629-p.asp

Edited by ordep

Wow. That's a great deal on the Mono case! I had a PT-JR with a Mono softcase and toured for 5 months with it in the back of the van - No trouble here! Saying that, is wasn't being knocked about by flight cases etc. It's perfect for most gigging situations I'd say. If it's doing any extensive touring and it will be packed in with other flightcases, I would definitely get the hardcase.

34 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I've got the Nano+ 'cos I wanted something uber small for gigging. Trouble is, it's uber small for pedals! :D

I've also got a Classic Jr which kinda feels too big for my needs, although on the plus side I can get my Ciocks DC8 underneath it with the tilted frame, whereas with the Nano and Metros you can only fit a Ciocks DC5 underneath (assuming you have Ciocks and not something else!).

On a scale where a Nano + can get 5 'normal' Boss pedals on, I reckon that  the Metro 16 = 7 Boss pedals, Metro 20 = 9 Boss pedals, Metro 24 = 11 Boss pedals, Classic Jr = 12 Boss pedals (and a chunkier power supply underneath)

Does anyone use a hardcase with their pedal board for better protection, or is a soft case just fine in your experience?

When I had a Nano+, I just used a soft-case but once you are up to 9-10 pedals that can easily be 1500-2000 quids worth of gear. I got a hardcase once I had a Novo 18.

Had a bit of a shuffle about and added a Mooer sweeper for daft noises! The metro 20 is very crowded now. I may wirh a but of shuffling manage another nano pedal (thinking of a mooer lofi machine) and that's it.

I want to add at least a Co pilot orbit abs another octaver to my collection so trying to decide between a metro 24 or a classic jnr or maybe even a classic 1,still not sure. I do like to have nice gaps between the pedals though.

20180113_161651.jpg

9 minutes ago, lee650 said:

Had a bit of a shuffle about and added a Mooer sweeper for daft noises! The metro 20 is very crowded now. I may wirh a but of shuffling manage another nano pedal (thinking of a mooer lofi machine) and that's it.

I want to add at least a Co pilot orbit abs another octaver to my collection so trying to decide between a metro 24 or a classic jnr or maybe even a classic 1,still not sure. I do like to have nice gaps between the pedals though.

20180113_161651.jpg

You take Ordeps Metro24, I'll have your 20...Everyone's happy ;)

@Higgie if the classic jnr will hold one more pedal than the metro 24, I think I'd rather get one of those! I still keep thinking the classic 1 will be too big,for the very infrequent pub gigs I do now :)

@Al Krow Ive only got my phone and it was dark!I think you one you mean is the first gen 3 leaf Wonderlove and poss my TC mini noir. ill try and get a better pic tomorrow, i just wanted to give an idea of how packed my board is :)

definately changing my board soon,just cant decide between the metro 24, classic jnr or 1 any of these coming up used may sway me!

20180114_121045.jpg

20180114_121109.jpg

20180114_121125.jpg

Edited by lee650