Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Pedalboard_171215.thumb.jpg.fee08dfd825ea7e54268aedcde873d69.jpg

This is the latest revision. The signal path isn't totally obvious from the layout, but it works for band purposes -the awesome El Cap being the final pedal. The SnU and Harmonist aren't final decisions and the latter may be on notice thanks to it's erratic 'on off' response to an expression pedal. I need to make way for a distortion to stack with the Pork Loin anyway, so anything not punching its weight is at risk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elephantgrey said:

By the name I'm guessing something to do with studded leather trousers with padding in the back.

Apparently the story goes it used to belong to a mate's mate's uncle's sister who was given it by the bass player from Judas Priest who was bought it as a gift from the singer who kept insisting he used it on the extreme setting ....so he got rid of it.

Not sure if that's true or not though, I'm not about to sniff the pedal to find out.

On 15/12/2017 at 10:04, radiophonic said:

Pedalboard_171215.thumb.jpg.fee08dfd825ea7e54268aedcde873d69.jpg

This is the latest revision. The signal path isn't totally obvious from the layout, but it works for band purposes -the awesome El Cap being the final pedal. The SnU and Harmonist aren't final decisions and the latter may be on notice thanks to it's erratic 'on off' response to an expression pedal. I need to make way for a distortion to stack with the Pork Loin anyway, so anything not punching its weight is at risk.

I’m guessing those are the Mooer pedal toppers? Good to see that they fit a decent range of slightly different shaped pedal switches. How snugly do they fit?

As a side note, I got rid of my Boss Harmonist for similar reasons to the one you’ve said above...

I've ended up with two boards having started the year with just a couple of loose pedals plus my Alesis SR18 and the RC 30 Looper.

A 'big board' for home use / noodling around / recording riffs and ideas on my RC Looper (which also doubles up as a mixer for the Alesis); or playing in 'stealth mode' using the Zoom B3n as a headphone amp, when family want some peace and quiet!

The mini board has everything I need (code: am likely to be allowed to get away with by band mates!) for gigging.

Pedal Boards! - Dec 2017 .jpg

Edited by Al Krow

22 hours ago, CameronJ said:

I’m guessing those are the Mooer pedal toppers? Good to see that they fit a decent range of slightly different shaped pedal switches. How snugly do they fit?

As a side note, I got rid of my Boss Harmonist for similar reasons to the one you’ve said above...

The (yes - Mooer) pedal toppers fit just fine on everything I've tried so far. The expression pedal behaviour of the PS6 is super annoying and I can't believe that Boss intend it to work like that. I've renamed it the 'Glitch Shifter' but it does have its uses and I'd need two other pedals to cover its functionality.  I'm waiting to see what the TC Quintessence does to a bass before I decide to move it on though. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lee650 said:

@Jimryan

very cool board! lots of synthy goodness. Ive been looking up that Heliotrope and it looks a very interesting pedal! its just made my gas list :)

It's certainly a fun one.  Go for it, treat yourself.  I use it more for the bit crusher side of things as it was the replacement for my old Mooer LoFi Machine, but there's so many different sounds you can get with it.  Just takes a bit of time playing and tweaking.

2 hours ago, Jimryan said:

It's certainly a fun one.  Go for it, treat yourself.  I use it more for the bit crusher side of things as it was the replacement for my old Mooer LoFi Machine, but there's so many different sounds you can get with it.  Just takes a bit of time playing and tweaking.

how did you find the lofi machine? Im just getting Into bit crusyhers and dont want to spend daft mobney!

Edited by lee650

16 minutes ago, lee650 said:

how did you find the lofi machine? Im just getting Into bit crusyhers and dont want to spend daft mobney!

Really liked it and found it ideal for a "not sure if I'm going to like this effect so I'll get a cheap one first" pedal.  Only moved it on as I wanted something a bit more thorough.

On 23/12/2017 at 16:58, Jimryan said:

It's just occurred to me that I haven't posted this.  When I upgraded to a bigger board a month back I meant to post this photo, but for some reason forgot to.  Only thing that is missing is my valeton dapper unit that sits across the top...

DSC_1034.JPG

Nice. What patch cables are you using here?

32 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@GisserD Awesome. I see you have become a bit of a Soundblox fan! 

I'e always been a fan! But haven' been using midi recently and they really need midi to unlock their full potential. I have never been a fan of digital pedals on a clean bass tone. But this board is built with mostly synth sounds in mind so I'll take the hit. And I still have the GR2 on there for funky squelch when required. 

But the new es8 has opened up all the midi possbilities again. Aftershock incoming too :)

Im limiting myself to the novo 24 and all other pedals are being sold. One in one out policy from now on.

A side note....The evidence audio sis cables connecting it all together are great! :)

I’ve reworked my board a bit. Got a pedalbay 80 so I have room to grow. Not finished wiring yet, tonight was a test run to check the new power supply on the 9v side works (one 9v 3A supply for all of them! Woohoo!)

The FCB makes the FI and PolyMod so easy to flip around, and I’ve got analog and MIDI expression pedals available. Does very strange but cool things to the PolyMod with both at the same time. The SYB-5 expression pedal is excellent, really makes the pedal sing. 

D80AE10D-3766-4051-B55F-6E5D8DF61354.jpeg

8 hours ago, basexperience said:

I’ve reworked my board a bit. Got a pedalbay 80 so I have room to grow. Not finished wiring yet, tonight was a test run to check the new power supply on the 9v side works (one 9v 3A supply for all of them! Woohoo!)

The FCB makes the FI and PolyMod so easy to flip around, and I’ve got analog and MIDI expression pedals available. Does very strange but cool things to the PolyMod with both at the same time. The SYB-5 expression pedal is excellent, really makes the pedal sing. 

D80AE10D-3766-4051-B55F-6E5D8DF61354.jpeg

Is that a Marshall Guvnor? If so, what's the low end like? I'm always curious about non-boutique guitar drive pedals for bass - since bass specific drives didn't even exist when most of my favourite nasty bass sounds were recorded!