Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Jonse said:

We're done...for now. 

IMG_20171120_225004.jpg

Not quite, @Jonse - you may want to try connecting the envelope jacks to each other on the two Chunk pedals if you’re running the fuzz into the filter - it makes a huge difference to the response:

Skip to 7.30 to see the comparison.

Edited by Quatschmacher

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

Not quite - you may want to try connecting the envelope jacks to each other on the two Chunk pedals if you’re running the fuzz into the filter - it makes a huge difference to the response:

Skip to 7.30 to see the comparison.

Tried that already, it sounded good however I'm gonna try them separately at practice tomorrow. 

Switch caps
No new pedals or changes in the chain order.
AzT1Wc4.jpg
These caps make switching a lot easier without unwillingly changing the settings knobs of the effect.

Chain changes and some new components.
6t5eNL1.jpg
Moved the Beat Buddy from the board but it is still part of the chain.
Moved around a few effects and added the EHX Silencer, the noisy effects are now in the effects loop of this noise gate.
Replaced the TCe Mimiq with a Mooer Ensemble Queen, in the end I did not like the Mimiq it only gave a sort of a pitch shifting chorusy sound and no real doubling, the Ensemble Queen is the third chorus on the board however this one is specifically designed for bass and does some nice things in the lows.
Also moved the Fazley tuner from the board for tuning I prefer clip-on tuners, I still use it as a power supply underneath the board (main reason I bought it), filled this spot on the board with the Line6 Relay G10 receiver.

1 hour ago, blablas said:

6t5eNL1.jpg
Moved around a few effects and added the EHX Silencer, the noisy effects are now in the effects loop of this noise gate.
Replaced the TCe Mimiq with a Mooer Ensemble Queen, in the end I did not like the Mimiq it only gave a sort of a pitch shifting chorusy sound and no real doubling, the Ensemble Queen is the third chorus on the board however this one is specifically designed for bass and does some nice things in the lows.
Also moved the Fazley tuner from the board for tuning I prefer clip-on tuners, I still use it as a power supply underneath the board (main reason I bought it), filled this spot on the board with the Line6 Relay G10 receiver.

You could totally turn these pictures into one of those spot-the-difference games one finds in kids’ magazines. ?

2 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

You could totally turn these pictures into one of those spot-the-difference games one finds in kids’ magazines. ?

3 hours ago, blablas said:

6t5eNL1.jpg

Crikey - what happens if you turn them all on at once and play a note?!

On 21/11/2017 at 11:02, blablas said:

Yes, and also because they are sticking out higher than the metal switch less chance of accidentally changing the settings of the effect.

On 21/11/2017 at 12:30, radiophonic said:

^^ They are also good if you have short pedals next to tall ones or if your board is generally cramped - saves you doing sideways foot manoeuvres. 

Any idea which ones are best and where to buy them?

42 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Any idea which ones are best and where to buy them?

I am currently using the mooer plastic ones but I am planning to get this:

Aluminum Guitar  Foot Nail Cap Effects Pedal Accessories Nail Cap Step Protector https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263190097015

or if you want to go boutique, search for barefoot buttons.

Edited by ordep

My pedalboard in its current shape! Looks a little spacious and messy, I've been upgrading and removing pedals a lot recently, so haven't neatened it up in a while. It's not normally this messy, honest. :biggrin:

151143190297482840140.thumb.jpg.b8bf802a6cfccbbb6622106ce1d5880e.jpg

Signal chain is:

Bass -> (passive DI box) -> Donner DT Deluxe -> Digitech Bass Whammy (reissue) -> TC Electronic Vortex Mini -> Boss LS-2 -> TC Electronic Flashback -> Two Notes Audio Le Bass

LS-2 set to A+B mix / bypass, with channel A and B both set just below halfway. Channel A has the Chowny Fuzzster, channel B the Darkglass B3K. This way I can run the two in parallel, which I've found is my favourite way to have distortion.

I usually run the Le Bass in cold fusion, channel A clean and warm, channel B a tad gritty and mid-pronounced.

So here's my board(s). Can't remember when I last posted here, so here's a quick overview of the changes I've been making: I added the DHV-VT1 (amazing sound of of that thing. It'll probably live on my essentials board alongside my compressore and warped vinyl now), moved my delay onto another board to get pitchfork and frantabit on essentials.

I then got the HOF2, and have it in a feedback/blend loop with my delay. 

Planned changes: I want to add my Gameboy to the second board, and split it L/R, L clean and R through some OD and into the spare channels of my delay/'verb, then mix together into the RC50.

Need to get my Gameboy modded first, its too noisy ATM unless it's on batteries, and they are too much hassle.

IMG_20171127_195221829.jpg

NPD!! sold my old faithfull EBS Unichorus and bought an MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe!! Absolutely delighted with it,especially the flanger which sounds fantastic. The EBS flanger was very subtle like a flanger/chorus, but the MXR sounds much more like a flanger! I love it :) it looks great too,definately put MXR on my radar.

20171129_120538.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, bobbass4k said:

I don't think I've uploaded a picture of it using the big boy board (I finally bought a pedal train...)

IMG_20171212_231145.jpg

Love seeing so many DIY pedals on a board. Been promising myself I'll do a lot more DIY (pedals that is!) in the new year...

1 hour ago, Bigwan said:

Love seeing so many DIY pedals on a board. Been promising myself I'll do a lot more DIY (pedals that is!) in the new year...

I always think it's quite telling that of the 4 pedals I've chosen not to replace or build, 3 are Boss...

Famous last words, but I think i've got all the pedals I need for the time being, my next project is to redo the graphics on all the existing ones. After 10 years of holding out I've decided it's worth owning a printer, so I'm going to water transfer the living hell out of everything, and get rid of the "blind donkey fornicating with a paint pot" aesthetic many of them were adorned with (through necessity).

19 minutes ago, bobbass4k said:

I always think it's quite telling that of the 4 pedals I've chosen not to replace or build, 3 are Boss...

Famous last words, but I think i've got all the pedals I need for the time being, my next project is to redo the graphics on all the existing ones. After 10 years of holding out I've decided it's worth owning a printer, so I'm going to water transfer the living hell out of everything, and get rid of the "blind donkey fornicating with a paint pot" aesthetic many of them were adorned with (through necessity).

Aww... I like the blind donkey fornicating with a paint pot aesthetic!