Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I thought I'd join the fun and post my pedalboard, I think it's pretty straight forward, I don't use many effects on cover songs, but I've been involved in an originals band recently so I've been experimenting with effects...

[url="http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/warliss42/media/ce092d4d-0432-41f2-ab89-e2e128bb554b_zpsgfetnubu.jpg.html"][/url]

I'm impressed with the Polytune Clip, it's the most recent addition to my toolkit.

I'm also toying with moving the Pandora stomp to be within the effects loop as I only use it for reverbs, chorus and delays.

[quote name='w...' timestamp='1462205347' post='3041086']
I thought I'd join the fun and post my pedalboard, I think it's pretty straight forward, I don't use many effects on cover songs, but I've been involved in an originals band recently so I've been experimenting with effects...

[url="http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/warliss42/media/ce092d4d-0432-41f2-ab89-e2e128bb554b_zpsgfetnubu.jpg.html"][/url]

I'm impressed with the Polytune Clip, it's the most recent addition to my toolkit.

I'm also toying with moving the Pandora stomp to be within the effects loop as I only use it for reverbs, chorus and delays.
[/quote]

How do you find the dipthonizer on bass? Madbean pcb?

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1462215610' post='3041212']
How do you find the dipthonizer on bass? Madbean pcb?
[/quote]

Dipthonizer is quite good on the bass, as long as I remember to get the settings right. It can scare my guitarist friends a bit too (which is always good :))

It's the Madbean HoneDripper PCB, a couple of pedal geek friends made it for me after I tried a tester of theirs. They also made the overdrive/distortion to the left of it too which drives my Markbass amp well.

This was the most recent incarnation that I photographed, I was using it for recording. The two pedals not quite in shot are a Bugbrand Bugcrusher Micro and an EHX Iron Lung. The expression pedals are on the IE Xerograph and the EHX Pitch Fork. The three-switch box underneath them is an aux switch for the H9 (both of which are for sale at this very establishment!).

[attachment=218602:IMG_20160213_121846.jpg]

Edited by AustinArto

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1462389294' post='3042683']
[attachment=218597:IMG_20160503_1656211.jpg]
[/quote]

Nice board! How are you finding the MXR Deluxe? ~ It's quite different in tone to the OC-2. I decided I didn't like it as much as the OC-2, and moved it on...

Edited by SimonEdward

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1461854121' post='3038238']
Building a new big pedalboard, strictly for fun and experiments at home (too heavy for me to carry around, and with effects I wouldn't really use for blues and classic rock :) )

The board has a PT Pro footprint, and fully loaded it is stupidly heavy, but as I don't intend to carry it outside the house I can live with it.

Still missing cables which I have to solder over the coming days, something I don't look forward to. :)

[/quote]A thing of beauty!

[quote name='bassfan' timestamp='1464286771' post='3058241']
Here's the latest incarnation of my board.... Just finished patching it, now for a test! Something needs to go to make room for my future impact.... I'm thinking it's the Stanley Clarke WAH!
[/quote]

Awesome board! Could you mount the wireless under the board? Alternatively there's a bit of space around the edge and between the pedals - nudging them closer together and a slight reshuffle should get you the room you need.

[attachment=220088:board.jpg]

Here's my board.

Signal as follows:

Yamaha digital wireless into the EBS Microbass preamp which goes directly into our newish XR18 digital mixer. I don't use an amp nowadays so I get monitoring of the bass through my IEMs, a fabulous pair of 1964 Ears V8s.

I use the effects loop from the Microbass to run the "sprinkles". First in line is the TC Spectracomp (turned onto this by Dood). Then that goes into the Line 6 M9. I use the M9 mostly for a tuner, EQs and (very) occasional modulations. From the M9, I go into the Future Impact to the MXR octaver to the MXR envelope to the Soundblox envelope. I do like my envelopes. lol

The MXR and Soundblox are surprisingly different. The MXR I feel is more hi-fi and aggressive where the Soundblox is more old skool, more "70's fonk". I've not really had time or inclination to scratch the surface with it but should do at some point. Got a hot hand thing but don't see the need for it if I'm being honest.

Just loving the Future Impact. Astonishing piece of kit. Again, not really had chance to dive into it. Just found a handful of amazing presets and thought "right, that'll do nicely" and left it at that. lol

Oh, forgot the TC Helicon. Really useful vocal processing for verbs and correction but with the new XR18 desk, don't really make much use of that now.

Looking good Tony! Can't wait to get my FI.

I've not considered putting the wireless underneath Bigwan, not sure there's room as there's a voodoo and a power train under there! Good idea though to free up some real estate. I'm sure I could have a reshuffle and make room, they are all spaced out a bit, I just use the wah so rarely it makes sense to move it along... Was thinking of replacing the MB chorus with a TC corona and adding a 3leaf wonderlove ... That can all wait a while though! 😎

Latest

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/3719FD0F-B0D2-4BF9-BEC3-47E8A3B5DF03_zps7iglhfem.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/3719FD0F-B0D2-4BF9-BEC3-47E8A3B5DF03_zps7iglhfem.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sifi2112' timestamp='1465830960' post='3071370']
Nano MIDI board (Subdecay Echobox in loop of Aftershock) .. so just the Moose to stomp on :)
[/quote]

Out of interest, what's the point of the Moose?

Si

Guest FretNoMore

I would think it's for selecting presets (scenes in SA speak) via the Source Audio Hub.

Edited by FretNoMore