Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1431017922' post='2766986']
http://pedalsandeffects.com/show-me-your-pedalboard-andy/

My board made it onto Juan's pedalboard of the day! woo

andy
[/quote]

Oh my goodness, I never put the 'muff' in grand muff tarkin before, that is hilarious! *facepalm*

Very cool, by the way :)

Been a while since I've posted mine. Here is my latest effort.

Bass In> HIKARI Comp> Keeley Looper-Output> TC Polytune> B1on> Radial JDI> Desk
Keeley Looper-Send> Micro POG-Wet> G1on> Mooer Micro DI> Desk
Micro POG-Dry> Keeley Looper Return

It splits the signal at the Keeley looper with one side going to the POG (+1 Oct) and then to the G1on. The other split goes through the tuner (for muting if needed) then to the B1on. This setup gives me so many options - faux 8-string, Royal Blood style guitar, fake Hammond organ as well as a multitude of amp sims, synths and other effects. I'm on IEM's so the seperate signals go to the desk via DI boxes and are then sent back to me on an aux.

Edited by NoirBass

Dodgy photo but here is a quick shoot of my latest collection.

After a few years of just plugging straight into my amp I decided to get back into pedals. Its taken me a few months to bring this all together but really happy with it so far. I am sure there will be further additions in the not to distant future, though I may need a bigger Pedaltrain.

All thats left to do is replace the patch cables.

The current set up, which has changed recently with the addition of Wounded Paw blender and Crowella Animated (excellent Human Gear Animato clone, which I got dirt cheap! :)).

I know four dirt pedals is a lot, but they are individually very distinct, and used for different purposes. Currently, the Whammy goes into the Knightfall 66 (Punisher) which is always on, low gain. This goes into the Tall Font Russian for subby, floor-destroying moments, then the TK-421-X (Signor Gattino) for gnarly grind (and the odd RATM jam! ;)).

The Animated's parallel blended with this chain, and sounds particularly awesome alongside the Knightfall and/or TFR. It's also particularly effective to turn on solo, which drastically cuts the low end, for any solo sections, then kick everything else back in for a very heavy impact! :)

[url="http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/albakio/Pedals/20150505_143910.jpg"][URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/albakio/media/Pedals/20150505_143910.jpg.html][IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/albakio/Pedals/20150505_143910.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/url]

Edited by bakerster135

very nice... I heard the clips of the Animated over on TB a while back, sounds pretty good.

So - this whammy malarkey. What do you use it for? There are so few clips of anyone properly using one online that I'm on the fence about ordering one. I tried my guitarists POG2 recently and hated the chimey, digital-ness of it, how does the whammy sound with all that dirt???

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1432202568' post='2779066']
very nice... I heard the clips of the Animated over on TB a while back, sounds pretty good.

So - this whammy malarkey. What do you use it for? There are so few clips of anyone properly using one online that I'm on the fence about ordering one. I tried my guitarists POG2 recently and hated the chimey, digital-ness of it, how does the whammy sound with all that dirt???
[/quote]

The Animated's great! What I like most is that it can get really heavy and distorted, but it still retains the note distinction and "gnarl" thanks to the treble booster. I find that the TK-421-X (and any other RAT clone for that matter) gets a bit flabby and indistinct if you try to push the gain too much.

I use the Whammy a lot, mostly for the harmony settings (8ve up/down, 5th up/6th up (pedal steel-esque) and 5th up/8ve up mainly). I feel it's more natural-sounding than the POG, especially with the Knightfall after it, and the 'Chords' mode is great. One of my bands is a piano/bass/drums three-piece, so I'll use the Whammy in conjunction with the Strymon and Neunaber sometimes for guitar-like parts, and it's pretty convincing.

I did try the POG first, and actually HATED it! Very weak octave down, and the octave up was like some crappy midi sound to my ears, and just too piercing to be useful...

part of me was hoping you'd say the whammy sounded like the POG ;)

ok, cool - something to probably check out then. Harmony settings, maybe with delay, is what tempts me - still tempted to try an EQD pitch bay, just for pedal size considerations!!!

I think to get the oct up on the POG to be useable you need a fair bit of EQ, amp modelling, a slight bit of ambience (a short delay) and a gate. That is what I use and I can get some very good sounds with it.

Just my two peneth.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1432204883' post='2779091']
part of me was hoping you'd say the whammy sounded like the POG ;)

ok, cool - something to probably check out then. Harmony settings, maybe with delay, is what tempts me - still tempted to try an EQD pitch bay, just for pedal size considerations!!!
[/quote]

I had a Pitch Bay for a short time, didn't think much of it. Digital sounding (unsurprising perhaps, it's digital), but also kinda difficult to use with precision. I'd probably look at the Bass Whammy if I needed any pitching needs again!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1432300691' post='2780198']
I had a Pitch Bay for a short time, didn't think much of it. Digital sounding (unsurprising perhaps, it's digital), but also kinda difficult to use with precision. I'd probably look at the Bass Whammy if I needed any pitching needs again!

Si
[/quote]

ah, cool cheers for that matey, saves me another purchase!!!

Finally got my latest board together! don't use loads of effects in what I do, but I stick em in where I can. nowt massively flash but a nice mix of boutique/ vintage Boss/good quality/cheap and cheerful :) the enabler drives my Bergantino IP stack.Got most sounds ill need, however pedals are addictive and I want more.
All housed in a Diago gigman and connected (mostly) with the wonderful OBBM 's patch cables.

Edited by lee650

[IMG]https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/v/t1.0-0/1517411_10153236599663726_2504132695893663573_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=5d6754390e5906a8fddb67089a3f7543&oe=55FC6E72&__gda__=1443462266_a7f00fded224e50b070eafb072e7c2ad[/IMG]

Just rebuilt mine.

Edited by fretmeister

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1432471956' post='2781750']
[IMG]https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xat1/v/t1.0-0/1517411_10153236599663726_2504132695893663573_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=5d6754390e5906a8fddb67089a3f7543&oe=55FC6E72&__gda__=1443462266_a7f00fded224e50b070eafb072e7c2ad[/IMG]

Just rebuilt mine.
[/quote]
Nice, very nice ... I'm curious about the Mic Mechanic though, do you use it with bass or is it for vocals?

My board as it currently stands :

TC Polytune Mini 2 > Darkglass B3K > MXR Bass Octave Deluxe > MXR Bass Envelope Filter > EHX Memory Toy delay. All powered by the MXR Power Brick. The bass octave and the delay are both new additions so looking forward to using them at rehearsals.

[attachment=193352:FullSizeRender.jpg]

My current set up, completed this morning by the arrival of the new design Markbass Compressore!

Signal Chain is

Korg Pitchblack tuner > Markbass Compressore > Digitech Whammy > Markbass Octaver > Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive > EHX Bass Soul Food > Vintage EHX Small Stone > Vintage EHX Q Tron > MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe > Vintage Tokai TDL-1 Delay

Housed in a Diago Showman, connected by various patch cables - some of which need upgrading, all but the Q tron and MB Compressore are currently powered by a Visual Sound One Spot, the mentioned pedals have they're own adapters, EHX 24volt adapter and MB 12v respectively.

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1432964551' post='2786596']
Nice, very nice ... I'm curious about the Mic Mechanic though, do you use it with bass or is it for vocals?
[/quote]

Just vocals - it's a brilliant little thing and if it's on my board I don't forget it, and it's powered from the Gigrig system underneath.

That "TONE" control on it cures an awful lot of problems with crap PA systems and deaf engineers!

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1430150851' post='2758415']
Royal foggin' blood watch out. Runs parallel. Octave up "guitar" signal into small stone and Flyrig5. Other "bass" channel is TLC, VMT, Wah. Trinity reverb will be replaced with a TC Ditto looper later this week. Ownage.

[/quote]

Does the Octave up signal still get combined and into a bass amp, or do you run a guitar amp as well?

What's the Taurus like? I have a MicroPog but it sounds a bit artificial to me.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1433185097' post='2788713']
Latest setup. Pretty simple, three different flavours of dirt with a disaster transport for volume swells with the muff :)

[/quote]

This is an awesome little board!
I'm in the process of choosing a rat type pedal and I think I may go for the cog tk421x . Although the new mxr distortion looks cool but I do like cogs!

The TK-421x is amazing – I wanted to like the rat tail and the blower box I had before, but they just didn’t click with me. This thing is immense. The MXR does seem to be getting some good feedback over on TB, but I’m not fussed. The COG is a BEAST.

Final update (hopefully).

This is my headphone jamming set up. Pre amps, Effects, MP3, Drum Machine and Mixer.

Aguilar preamp for modern tones. JHS Colour Box preamp for old school tones, Empress comp and some FX for fun. Settings are well messed up from setting it up!!!

[URL=http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/chiliwailer/media/image.jpg1_zpsswodz9tk.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/chiliwailer/image.jpg1_zpsswodz9tk.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Chiliwailer