Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Trying to post pedalboard , and all I'm getting is a pop up from basschat saying - [color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.[/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][center]Any ideas?[/center][/size][/font][/color]

It took me an hour to get it the correct way round - just wouldn't Email to my laptop , even when I spun it . Honestly , thanks for the replies guys , but I'm just gonna wait and ask someone at work , cause these things frustrate me so much . One day my board will be up here he he

[quote name='E sharp' timestamp='1383512625' post='2265392']
It took me an hour to get it the correct way round - just wouldn't Email to my laptop , even when I spun it . Honestly , thanks for the replies guys , but I'm just gonna wait and ask someone at work , cause these things frustrate me so much . One day my board will be up here he he
[/quote]

Post it on photobucket and then paste the html link it gives you for posting on the internet.

It's going to be one of those nights - the insomnia's already kicked in, so here's a piccie and description of my pedal board to while away a few sleepless minutes:

From right to left:

Demeter Compulator compressor
Darkglass B3K distortion
Electro Harmonix Clone Theory chorus / vibrato
Electro Harmonix Electric Mistress flanger

As I mentioned in my review elsewhere on Basschat, the Compulator is an optical compressor that's simple to setup and doesn't colour your sound. The B3K is great for harsh distortion, overdrive or a simple boost without sustain - which is what I want as I usually play fast stuff when it's engaged and want to hear distinct notes. The Clone Theory is Peter Hook's "secret weapon" and has a metallic, chiming kind of tone. The Electric Mistress is also quite metallic, and doesn't lose the bottom end (which is what the Boss pedals I used in the past used to do, even the Bass Flanger model). The EH pedals have since been converted to run from external 24V DC, and the whole pedal board is now supplied by a Voodoo Labs Power Plus PSU.

The current board...

[URL=http://s66.photobucket.com/user/albakio/media/20131104_225429.jpg.html][IMG]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h241/albakio/20131104_225429.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Determined to stick with this now! Only outstanding change is that the Signor Gatto is going back to Tom for a clean blend/LPF addition, but following that I will (surely!?) have every dirt sound that I could ever need!...

As much as I would love to have one overdrive/distortion pedal for every application, I just can't! I have one group where the B3K really works but nothing else, another where only the 'vintage' SFT and Darklighter sounds work. Of course the TFR works with everything! ;-)

I've also managed to find THE Death From Above 1979 sound with the Whammy detune setting > TFR > B3K! :-)

Hi - this is the first time I've posted my pedal-board on here. It's been a work in progress for sometime, and only now really happy with the pedals and the order of the chain. I only play for fun not in a band & love playing funk, hence a lot of wacky 'out there' effects :P , and you can never have enough Envelope filters IMHO !!

[attachment=148153:IMG00104-20131109-1403.jpg]

I'm more or less happy with what I've got but still contemplating getting an EHX Neo Mistress flanger to go in after the Russian Small Stone, but after that, that's about it! (famous last words).

I've really started taking my pedal board seriously this year. For many years I had a TU-2, EHX Bass Blogger and a CEB-3 which I never used. Now I'm gigging a lot more and playing many different styles of music so i'm branching out into making some different sounds.

I've now expanded to TU-2 > Behringer DC9 > OC-2 > GE-7B > EHX Bass Big Muff Pi > Boss CEB-3 > Behringer BDI 21

I'm pretty pleased with this set up but I'm looking to add a Q-Tron and probably a better compressor. I think I'm going to need a bigger board!

[attachment=148231:2013-11-12 11.13.55.jpg]

Probably my last pedal train mini setup for a while. I want to start using my wah pedal, maybe my whammy and i want to get at least an Aguilar filter twin also need to fit my amp foot switch on. I really like the tone print pedals from TC. I only use effects in one of my bands the rest of the time i use them for solo playing and c**king around so its good to have pedals with lots of options. I do fancy changing my reverb for an Iron Ether one though as the HOF is too much for me.

Boss OC2 - Rat Bastard - Corona Chorus - Hall of fame reverb - flashback delay.

[URL=http://s915.photobucket.com/user/andrew_workman1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0681_zpsf3a98d8d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac358/andrew_workman1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0681_zpsf3a98d8d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Dread Bass