Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1372347961' post='2124687']
Wow....biggest tuner ever? lol

Si
[/quote]
Biggest and most ostentatious I could find yes. Works allright, a bit slow on the low B maybe.

[quote name='Bobo_Grimmer' timestamp='1372348287' post='2124694']
Wow there's some mad thing on this thread. :D

Here's my current board.
[/quote]

Hello Bobo! .. It might be obvious to some people, but could you just tell us about your chain? and.. how are you getting on with the Trace Comp?? Best,

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1372431421' post='2125713']
Hello Bobo! .. It might be obvious to some people, but could you just tell us about your chain? and.. how are you getting on with the Trace Comp?? Best,
[/quote]

Hey, yeah. first thing is it's bloody awesome! It makes everything sound great imo. My chain starts with the tuner and next is the trace comp. I have to say i don't ever switch it off. It sits there and does it's thing superbly. :) I'd never want to replace it.

Next in the chain is the big muff followed by the smaller muff. (i like having the fuzz stuff there) Then onto the microsynth then off to the phaser. after that it goes into the korg multi thing. the ibanez distortion is on a side chain from the korg because it's noisy plus i like to run it there for other effects options and switching from the korg.

hope that makes sense. :P

[quote name='Bobo_Grimmer' timestamp='1372431974' post='2125722']
Hey, yeah. first thing is it's bloody awesome! It makes everything sound great imo. My chain starts with the tuner and next is the trace comp. I have to say i don't ever switch it off. It sits there and does it's thing superbly. :) I'd never want to replace it.

Next in the chain is the big muff followed by the smaller muff. (i like having the fuzz stuff there) Then onto the microsynth then off to the phaser. after that it goes into the korg multi thing. the ibanez distortion is on a side chain from the korg because it's noisy plus i like to run it there for other effects options and switching from the korg.

hope that makes sense. :P
[/quote]

Man oh man! I had one of those Trace compressors when they first came out (about 20-years ago?).. and when you're young and naive you do stoopid things like trade "up" for something else (!).. I have a discontinued Nova Dynamics now, which is alright, but it would have been good to have kept the Trace, if only to compare and stuff.. doh! :rolleyes:
It's good to see what other Bassists have on their boards - mine is completely and utterly different - but it depends what you need effects for.. or something?
Thanks for sharing. Cheers and good luck with your music! :)

Dudes - I'm shortly going to be launching my NEW website redesign at www.sheponbass.co.uk. I've added a readers gallery there so I would like to populate with pics of YOUR pedalboards and links to your band.

Anyone that would like their board featuring please send me a photo of your board to... info -at- sheponbass.co.uk

Include your name and a link to you band/music page/personal website etc.

Hope you all send something in!

[quote name='Nessy' timestamp='1372285740' post='2123969']
[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]My bass/electric mandolin board. Slightly distressed that I can't fit any more on, mais c'est la vie.[/font][/size]

[attachment=137778:DSC02723.JPG]

[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]In order of signal chain:[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]Korg Pitchblack > Boss DS-1 > EHX Bass Micro Synth > EHX Ravish > Bright Onions 5 Looper > Boss LMB-3 > Earthbound Audio Beast > Behringer US600 > Boss CEB-3 > DOD FX72 > DOD FX30B > Boss FV500-L > Boss DD-7 > Bright Onions Tap Tempo > Mooer ShimVerb > Boss PS-2[/font][/size].
[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif]Powered by Voodoo PP2+ & 24v adapter (for the poorly named ''Micro'' Synth, about as micro as my arse), hooked up with George L soldered cables.[/font][/size]
[size=4][font=Arial, sans-serif](Poor old PS-2 won't fit on; sometimes I hate the laws of physics).[/font][/size]

And for when the nights draw in...
[attachment=137779:DSC02735.JPG]
[/quote]

you should velcro the PS2 to the top of the power supply!

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1372659496' post='2128119']
you should velcro the PS2 to the top of the power supply!
[/quote]

Nice thinking, problem is though the pedal board lid wouldn't fit on. Space is a bitch really.

Finally found a decent bit of wood for my pedals. Just need to velcro them on now! Selling the Sansamp as I havent used it in a few months.

Bass > Polytune > B3K > Squeezer > Amp.

[IMG]http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s668/Mexicola1987/2013-07-04135328_zps7dddd8e1.png[/IMG]

Id definitely consider it Kev! I just cant get the sansamp and b3k to sit in harmony. Im selling the sansamp on saturday pending collection and payment so its a possibility. Have you owned the b3k and b7k? Im still not convinced about the b3k and my Musicman. I can see it maybe yielding better results with passive basses?

Yes I have owned both and it's a significant upgrade for me, still very much the B3K tone but the Eq is really powerful. I prefer using it with active basses; only comparison I have is my W&T has a passive mode and I prefer running the b7k in active.

[quote name='Mexicola' timestamp='1372944573' post='2131934']
Finally found a decent bit of wood for my pedals. Just need to velcro them on now! Selling the Sansamp as I havent used it in a few months.

Bass > Polytune > B3K > Squeezer > Amp.

[/quote]

That is a cool board! :) .. How are you finding the 'Squeezer' ? (I like most things valve).. does it sound as good as any other compressor you've tried??
Cheers & good luck with your music.. Simon Edward

I took the compressor off my board and replaced it with a 19" rack dualband unit for the fender amp, and use the built in SMX dualband comp in my Trace AH300-12 since my comp is ALWAYS on. Besides that I only use either my Tech21 VTBASS 2 or my MXR M80 for some OD/Dist.

There no longer is any pedalboard.

[quote name='SimonEdward' timestamp='1373209846' post='2134717']

That is a cool board! :) .. How are you finding the 'Squeezer' ? (I like most things valve).. does it sound as good as any other compressor you've tried??
Cheers & good luck with your music.. Simon Edward
[/quote]

Cheers Simon! Yeah, the valve is what I like most about the Squeezer. It works really well with the B3K when you turn up the gain to give everything an extra push. The ability to 'shape' the compression with the other knobs makes it more versatile than most other compressors as well. The only negative I can think of is that it runs at 12V which is no biggy!

A work in progress...

[attachment=139097:IMAG0091.jpg]

The unboxed circuit is a mammoth clone with the input impedance control of the mastotron. Originally I was going to put it in a 1590a (mooer sized enclosure) and use it as a preset fuzz, but think I might rehouse the chord octave pedal so I'll put it in along with it and bring a few of the controls out front. Don't know what to do with the groove regulator. Sounds brilliant, but there's no way to run the octave and fuzz in its loop and have access to them without the filter effect.

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1373882219' post='2142479']
A work in progress...

[attachment=139097:IMAG0091.jpg]

The unboxed circuit is a mammoth clone with the input impedance control of the mastotron. Originally I was going to put it in a 1590a (mooer sized enclosure) and use it as a preset fuzz, but think I might rehouse the chord octave pedal so I'll put it in along with it and bring a few of the controls out front. Don't know what to do with the groove regulator. Sounds brilliant, but there's no way to run the octave and fuzz in its loop and have access to them without the filter effect.
[/quote]

Relay or CMOS switching is your friend here...
Grab a pen and paper and draw out the signal paths you're after:
1) Octave and Fuzz in effects loop
2) Octave and Fuzz in series with the GR.

Once you've drawn that, look at what you'd need to switch to be able to get both. You'll end up with another box on your board. The GR will sit in an effects loop in that box, and the GR effects loop will be sent and received from this box also. You then have another effects loop from this box that contains the Octave and Fuzz. A single footswitch will shift the position of things. You could add another footswitch to bypass the whole thing, too, so you could set which way round things were while bypassed, and then kick it in.

The additional box would have:
In, Out, Send to GR, Return from GR, Send from GR Effects Loop, Return to GR Effects Loop, Send to Fuzz/Oct, Return from Fuzz/Oct.
Eight jacks in total. Not the smallest box in the world, but definitely do-able.

Massive use of the term "effects loop" in this post, apologies, but hope that helps you in some way!!

Cheers Tom. I'd considered that in passing (and have relays and a few cmos devices to hand at work) but if I was to go to those lengths I'd probably build another filter specifically for synth sounds and incorporate it along with the octave and fuzz in one 1550G box (your "like rome" dirt box as my inspiration Tom!). Individually switchable, an overall bypass and the filter envelope controlled from the clean signal at all times. One to think about...

[quote name='TG Flatline' timestamp='1373893271' post='2142713']
Do it, that'd be a great build diary. Shep and I have talked about a similar project, currently on the back-burner, but very much along those same lines!
[/quote]

Nice! That I'd like to see. Easy to let the mind wander when contemplating this kind of project though. Now thinking of adding an escobedo uglyface as a switchable alternative to the mammoth and a pwm/wave shaper as a switchable alternative to the octave... Or in series... Where do you stop!!!