Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

How are you finding the SFX B3? Ive been looking at some sort of tone shaping pedal recently, something to thicken my tone up. Is it good for that, or is it more of a bass/treble boost?

The SFX B[sup]3[/sup] is a great warm-up or fatten-up tool for me. From 12:00 back to 7:00 the tone control is a treble roll-off, somewhat like a passive tone on a bass. From 12:00 to 5:00 it progressively lifts the treble a little and cuts the bass a little ... I don't use this much. The EQ curves on the sfxsound demonstrate that well and some people on seeing those curves have drawn comparisions with a Big Muff tone control.

The scoop switch scoops the mids at about 800 - 850 Hz.

Works great for me :)

Super mega tiny set up for a HipHop/Funk session I've been booked for this month. Only rehearsal before the show is tomorrow... But I already know how much of a funk factory this set up is...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/76C4576E-C6AE-4917-8D4A-7DD505CAE222-34337-000006933926CB71_zps3ffe8e11.jpg[/IMG]

I used to own this:
[IMG]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/bassmayhem/Pedalbordsenaste.jpg[/IMG]
The upper row between the bass and the preamp, the lower row in the effects loop. The MXR/CAE booster as solo boost...
I sold it because I didn't use it, and got a Boss GT-10B that I seldom use...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1365442824' post='2039721']
Super mega tiny set up for a HipHop/Funk session I've been booked for this month. Only rehearsal before the show is tomorrow... But I already know how much of a funk factory this set up is...

[/quote]

That sounds interesting! Who are you playing with?

A jazz quartet. Never met them. The Sax player and band leader is at Royal College of music. They are doing a night on 26th April here in Nottingham of HipHop and Funk inspired music with some MC's and vocalists and have been told by the promoter that they MUST have a bass player to do the HipHop thing right (they usually use brass to fill that role). He gave them my number. I meet them and rehearse tonight. Gig in a few weeks...

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1365518073' post='2040592']
sounds cool! I hope you manage to get some recordings.
[/quote]

Apparently tonights jam/rehearsal is being recorded so the MC's can take the music away to work on stuff for the show - This is the only rehearsal before the gig. I'm unsure if the show id being recorded though.

:hi:
.. I didn't think I'd be doing this again this year? but GAS has taken over and overwhelmed me.. again.

Look away now dirt/fuzz fans!! As you can probably tell, I quite like modulation and Octave type effects. :D

As before, there are no passengers, and it's all used, but not all at the same time.. almost everything is pre-loved and in excellent condition / 2nd-hand, mainly from on-line auctions.. or given away *free* (TC Corona Chorus) as part the BH250 promotion. The BOSS OC-2 is the only pedal on the board bought new in 1992 (?)

I've recently acquired an 'Alter Ego' Delay; the 'Shaker' which sound great together; And I've recently sold the EQ-20 and bought in a Source Audio EQ. The MarkOne Audio pedal is an excellent, great value addition which enables me to add two loops.. I've also swapped out the MXR Auto-q, and I'm trying out the BOSS AW-3.

I'm using the TC modulation in an amps effects loop, and the Octave/Wah between Bass and amp. It's all powered with a Carl Martin Pro-power.

The chain is: TC Polytune > SAEQ > Loop 1. OC-2 > Octave deluxe > AW-3 > Loop 2. Shaker > Corona > Vortex > Alter Ego (Delay) > H.O.F > Nova Dynamics >>> Trace GP12XV preamp..

Edited by SimonEdward

[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/KevMan69/Snapbucket/CC27E0E9_zpsc926f560.jpg[/IMG]

Done, GAS free for the moment, sick of buying and selling! All are these best of their type that I have owned I think, great stuff :)

Edited by Kev

I've not tried the Tall Font after either pedals because I like the way the B3K changes the tone of the fuzz and I like how the BB can add some extra midrange to the B3K (I like the high-end attack the B3K has and this gets accented and warmed up by the BB).

I'll give it a go at some point but how would you guys describe the B3K and BB running into the Tall Font?

I enjoy the B3k after my Ultra Fuzz, but after much tinkering I hav decided I prefer the sound of it going into the fuzz, just takes it to another level, so much gain! And the B3K works great before the tafm as the two volume control let you balance the overdriven tone and fuzz :)

Havnt tried a tall font muff but I imagine it will be the same experience I have with the ultra fuzz when putting the B3K before it, but whatever sounds good dude!

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1365706193' post='2043340']
It seemed like the most sensible thing to do. Those Daka-Ware knobs look cool but being all-black against an all-black pedal makes reading settings at a gig impossible.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more, Davis knobs on for mine!

Si

I need some more time to get acquainted with the Pwnzor as I haven't been able to run it through my gig rig. I will be testing it on a gig next weekend though. Initial impressions are positive. It's definitely a different animal to the M87... slower attack speed and has a far more natural feeling response. Definitely a compressor designed to beef up your sound. In comparison I'd say the M87 acts like a limiter.

I tried the BB into the B3K and Tall Font. I liked how you can push the Tall Font into another level of fuzz but I preferred the response of the B3K being first in the chain. Running into the BB first muddied things up a touch whereas the running it afterwards adds some warmth to the B3K, some mids and accentuates the high end attack.

Edited by BigBassBob

[URL=http://s8.photobucket.com/user/1976fenderhead/media/Pedalboards/IMG_20130414_185139.jpg.html][IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/1976fenderhead/Pedalboards/IMG_20130414_185139.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is the best-sounding board I've had in a very long time, absolutely chuffed with it. I used to put the comp at the start but I found I didn't like how harsh it made fuzzes sound so I put it at the end, what a difference! PHAT fuzz, plus octaver and chorus sound perfectly integrated thanks to even volumes. Loving it!