Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Jay Lomenzo Hyperdrive
Boss chorus (one has now been replaced with TC electronics stereo chorus)
Boss delay
Boss EQ
Boss flanger
Boss limiter/enhancer
Some old fuzz pedal (not shown)

GK Fusion 550 footswitch

Carl Martin Combinator. Great piece of kit this. Has true bypass and can easily be set up so that you hit one preset to get whatever combination of pedals
you want

[quote name='joegarcia' post='1189866' date='Apr 5 2011, 05:55 PM']New board and complete overhaul from me:

Signal path:

In - ZVEX SHO - split:

A (main/bass) - Pitch black -> LS2 (clean blended Rat) -> LS2 (clean blended Drivemaster) -> Loop (Ch.B of RE-20) -> stereo volume -> Stereo Memory Man Ch.A
B (fx/octave up) - Octron -> Enigma -> Loop (Mold Spore wah) -> Vesta Fire -> Ch.A of RE-20 -> PH-2 -> Master mute -> stereo volume -> Reflector -> Stereo Memory Man Ch.B

So, so, pleased. Taken such a long time to get it this sorted. Still gotta upgrade the main looper and volume pedal but this is working really really well.

Going into a '69 SVT (or Sunn 1200s) and Aguilar GS412 for A and Ampeg V4 or Burman and GS412 for B.[/quote]

Wow....can't remember the last time I saw a Vesta Fire. Nice board!

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='1196810' date='Apr 12 2011, 01:58 PM']You can only imagine how much fun this is with a GT200

Ignore settings as was fiddling at time and almost all of those there sound like ass :)[/quote]

Pure gas for that mini dirt board! Those connectors look well tidy - where dya get them from?

[quote name='burno70' post='1197537' date='Apr 12 2011, 10:55 PM']Pure gas for that mini dirt board! Those connectors look well tidy - where dya get them from?[/quote]

Ebay I think, they were very cheap but sound great and with me mainly using pt mini and nano boards I don't really struggle with length.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='1197767' date='Apr 13 2011, 08:02 AM']Will do my best but its the 1st reissue so it's identical to the old one as opposed to the newest ones which have slightly more gain on tap apparently[/quote]

Cool, well if and whenever you get any time, it would be great to hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on what I'm running through at the moment. Signal chain is in the order it appears in my sig.

That thing in the middle is a Tascam 4 track digital recorder. Not a bad piece of kit! I also use it with headphones for bass playing during unsociable hours :)

I THINK I've got enough dirt now! :)

Edited by chrismuzz

[b]High Gain Demo's[/b]
I recorded some super high gain pedal demos for you guys - went a little crazy with the Okko. You can watch them all here on my channel:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrExcane"]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrExcane[/url]

I will be adding my 2 custom overdrives that I built hopefully by the weekend. I have a few more new boxes coming in, but you'll have to wait to see what they are :)

[quote name='I am not excane' post='1220025' date='May 4 2011, 04:35 PM'][b]High Gain Demo's[/b]
I recorded some super high gain pedal demos for you guys - went a little crazy with the Okko. You can watch them all here on my channel:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrExcane"]http://www.youtube.com/user/MrExcane[/url]

I will be adding my 2 custom overdrives that I built hopefully by the weekend. I have a few more new boxes coming in, but you'll have to wait to see what they are :)[/quote]
:)

awesome. nice playing too..

how many of these do/can you make ? and at what price ?

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1220034' date='May 4 2011, 11:45 AM']:)

awesome. nice playing too..

how many of these do/can you make ? and at what price ?[/quote]

Thanks.

The pedals that I built were basically just my first prototypes, I never even thought about producing them for sale. IF by some chance enough people like the demo when I record it, maybe I will look into making a small batch.

[quote name='burno70' post='1231114' date='May 14 2011, 05:15 PM']Great board Deej!

Sea Machine Chorus = gas![/quote]

Thanks. I only got it last week on a bit of a whim on ebay. I thought it looked ace so I bought it to give it a try, hope to give it a proper run soon.

[quote name='Al Heeley' post='1231179' date='May 14 2011, 06:07 PM']Did you say REPLACE?! Get a bigger board.[/quote]

Ive just come down from a PT2 :) I like the size of the Jr, but every time I go back to it, theres just one damn pedal that wont fit!

[quote name='Finbar' post='1231193' date='May 14 2011, 06:16 PM']Awesome looking board :)[/quote]

Cheers, that Oxide went straight on there!

I dont like how american this board is getting though, feel like I need some british built pedals on there to balance things out. Might have a look at the SFX Black Dragon and put it up against the Agro.

You could definitely fit the Xerograph on there. Just have to bunch some pedals a bit closer to each other. It seems all the pedals on the bottom row have jacks on the top of the pedal, so just move everything to the right, and have everything up against eachother. I reckon you'd get the Xero on then!

Quality board by the way, very nice indeed.

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='1226964' date='May 10 2011, 11:56 PM']

The geiger counter does some suprisingly nice fuzz sounds, I was thinking of moving it on after I'd had my dirty fun with it's weird noises, but I might keep it on as a fuzz.[/quote]

If you decide to get shot... I'll have it! :)

[quote name='cheddatom' post='1219569' date='May 4 2011, 09:59 AM']Just out of interest, what are your settings on the jackhammer?[/quote]

I use the Dist setting
Gain at about 2 o clock
Volume at 10 o clock
Treble at 11 o clock
Bass at 1 o clock
Freq between 11 and 12
Contour at 4 o clock

It's a very extreme and unusual setting, but has great results! Very fuzzy almost Cliff-Burton esque sound when used on its own, or coupled with the Sansamp its an insanely aggressive driven sound. To my ears it actually sounds better than a distorted VT bass!