Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 03/07/2021 at 19:44, adamg67 said:

My search for small but perfectly formed continues, but I've got the first part of my nano board flyrig sorted now: Thumpinator, Pitchblack mini and DG Hyper Luminal all nicely arranged and staying where they are (probably). The left hand side can be the pair that are on there in the pics, or a DG Vintage Microtubes Ultra v2 instead. All battery powered, and the gap where the power on and LEDs are in the middle also lets me break out other pedals if I want something else - there's a line plug underneath for power as well. Getting there.

The plug coming out of the front was a bit of a toss up, but it seems to work fine without getting stood on.

IMG_3648.JPEG.d1101e311d28bbad68a8375253310616.JPEG

IMG_3649.JPEG.7aa67faf753665c70567c64464f097db.JPEG

IMG_3650.thumb.JPEG.80ffead1cb1d36c94e4c7ef205192599.JPEG

@adamg67

What power supply have you got there?

• Like 1

New provisional board. New addition is the Sansamp Bass Driver V2. I had the V1 for over a decade before selling it last year after not using it for years. Picked up the V2 after doing a shoot out with the VT DI, Darkglass B7K Ultra and the Markbass Vintage Pre. Being able to dial in mids at 1k on the V2 is a great addition and I find the V2 to have a great range of gain and overall the sound is a lot more ‘refined’ compared to the V1. I didn’t really like the B7K ultra and thought that the Bass Driver delivered a nicer low gain aggressive tone, though admittedly the B7K nailed it in terms of higher gain stuff.

I was going to ditch the B3K but it sounds tremendous on low gain driving the Alpha Omega which in turn runs through the Sansamp at the end. 

Favourite pedal is my mate’s homemade clone of a Earthquaker Hummingbird (the green one). 

Need to actually Velcro everything down now!

B767BEDF-6774-4905-9272-BDA23AE78FF3.thumb.jpeg.562093e94c49a8609d9373c15400be7b.jpeg

• Like 2

My toys on the pedalboard 

The Tech21 midi with the HX Stomp is fantastic. I’m using the midi for change the presets and the 3 switch’s on the Stomp for snapshot’s to change in each preset. The possibilities are endless. 
The Cali76 is before the Stomp, and the ADAM is in the Fx Loop. 

96DDA1F9-4672-464B-A4B4-6800D9871841.jpeg

• Like 4

On 08/08/2021 at 17:47, fretmeister said:

@adamg67

What power supply have you got there?

It's the Palmer Batpack 8000, not super cheap but it will last all day with those few pedals and not much less if I add a couple more. You can use it while it's charging as well just in case, but when it's charged up I basially don't worry about it even for half day jam sessions, it never even gets down to half. Only two isolated outputs but that's never caused me any issues.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, adamg67 said:

It's the Palmer Batpack 8000, not super cheap but it will last all day with those few pedals and not much less if I add a couple more. You can use it while it's charging as well just in case, but when it's charged up I basially don't worry about it even for half day jam sessions, it never even gets down to half. Only two isolated outputs but that's never caused me any issues.

derrière.

it’s been discontinued.

I've recently decided to simplify and the results have been superb.

I've got rid of most of my pedals and just got a few top quality pedals. 

Boss TU3 Tuner. It just works reliably.

Orange Fur Coat. I never use the octave function but the fuzz is nasty.

Two Notes Le Bass. Really nice warmth to the clean channel, which I'm using as a boost and the dirty channel has a really nice distortion. The fusion setting sounds huge.

The Origin Cali76 CB just does a superb job of keeping levels in check and giving a great tone.

20210814_145155.jpg

• Like 3

I made a baby board.

HB board came from Thomann ready velcro'd and with a bracket and fixings beneath for power supply - and all in a very nice bag.

HB tuner (most excellent) and apart from the Tsakalis Audioworks Phonkify they were all bought second hand for not much cash.

I'd possibly swap the chorus or flanger for a phaser, but all my core sounds are catered for. OCD alert, all pedals need straightening!

IMG_20210814_220553.thumb.jpg.a3ff7f0b102f59dfeee7a96e35789ff0.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glassmoon said:

Million dollar question... What "extras" did you have to pay for the board now that Brexit has norsed up the EU taxes for us? 

If you're buying new from Thomann, you'll be paying exactly the same Customs and VAT as you had to pre-Brexit, so no drama.

(Very different if you are buying used goods UK <--> EU now, where we do have VAT on imports in both directions that we didn't have before).

Vaccines are a good thing 😉

1 hour ago, glassmoon said:

Million dollar question... What "extras" did you have to pay for the board now that Brexit has norsed up the EU taxes for us? 

Thomman has sorted their VAT payments out now, so there are no other charges, same as some of the other larger EU suppliers, DV24, Bax etc (actually bax never had that problem). Its only small companies and second hand goods from personal providers where there are other costs.

… had a rehearsal last night for the Funk/Motown/Soul band and it’s amazing how many of my pedals I DIDN’T need lol!! Least they’re there if I ever do (and I took one of my smaller boards, oh well 😁). 

I’m liking the thought of smaller setups at the mo tbh 👍🏼

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 1