Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

6 hours ago, bobbass4k said:

Finally got something resembling a board back together, relatively straightforward signal chain. The 3 off the board usually live on the desk for easy tweaking when going into the interface, cabsim, bass pre (logic clone with mods) and guitar pre (Hudson broadcast clone with mods).

IMG_20190930_031645.jpg

Wow is that the last Arion 'Stereo' pedal left standing?

I used to have the stereo compressor  - still have the box, full of fishing lures with rusty hooks...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Wow is that the last Arion 'Stereo' pedal left standing?

I used to have the stereo compressor  - still have the box, full of fishing lures with rusty hooks...

£15 from the sadly defunct dodgy guitar shop in Leeds, I bought it to gut for its parts (the BBD chips) but it actually sounds really good as a silly special effect, super hollow and metallic. 

• Haha 1

On 30/09/2019 at 03:17, bobbass4k said:

Finally got something resembling a board back together, relatively straightforward signal chain. The 3 off the board usually live on the desk for easy tweaking when going into the interface, cabsim, bass pre (logic clone with mods) and guitar pre (Hudson broadcast clone with mods).

IMG_20190930_031645.jpg

Clearly you never have to take your board on easyJet as hand luggage

• Haha 2

This is a board I’ve put together in the last few weeks. A board for all occasions was the cornerstone of this set up so;-

Wired or Wireless > HXFX > backline 

or

Wired or Wireless > HXFX > backline  > DI to PA

or

Wired or Wireless > HXFX > Bass Fly Rig > PA

The HXFX does a cracking job of covering all the effects I need & is a very easy to read tuner! 😆

The board is a Pedaltrain Novo 18 (with flight case)

It is powered by a Strymon Ojai R30 & I have got to give a big shout out to two BC’ers for helping me out with this; @obbm for making an excellent current doubling cable to connect the Ojai to the HXFX (two 2.1mm outputs into a single 2.5mm input, centre negative polarity) & @Jack for responding to a thread I posted  & pointing me in the direction of obbm in the first place.

C9A06753-1497-415E-B73B-A3EE80FC256B.jpeg

8844FC38-3506-46BF-9F33-4F94E97753A9.jpeg

Edited by Wilco
  • Like 4

This is for tomorrow. I am now officially pedal addicted. From not seeing the point to disappearing down an internet rabbit hole studying different options for cable tidying underneath the damn board. 

But man this is just so much fun! IMG_20191004_135245.thumb.jpg.11ff84b2e82d8bae859e7eeb8c5c13f9.jpg

The bass balls and sweet baby are in loop one. Two has the Valeton running pure wet, 1 octave down, volume and selected tones boosted by the GE. Loop three features the Ricochet, American Sound and Zoom which is used to compress or to add an envelope filter. 

The Tri Parallel Mixer, aka Best Thing Ever allows me to blend everything, play with tone of each loop, and keep my original clean signal. Might use a bit of chorus on a couple of tunes the Zoom can handle that. 

• Like 5

On 04/10/2019 at 23:24, Wilco said:

It is powered by a Strymon Ojai R30 & I have got to give a big shout out to two BC’ers for helping me out with this; @obbm for making an excellent current doubling cable to connect the Ojai to the HXFX (two 2.1mm outputs into a single 2.5mm input, centre negative polarity) & @Jack for responding to a thread I posted  & pointing me in the direction of obbm in the first place.

Oh good, at the time it was just a hypothesis that OBBM could do it better than the current doubler>polarity inverter>size adapter ridiculous combination that everybody has to use. There's plenty of stomp users that would benefit from the neater solution. Pleased you're happy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jack said:

There's plenty of stomp users that would benefit from the neater solution.

I thought the same, so have posted on a Line 6 BC thread all about the various HX pedals.

Ordered two more as spares from obbm yesterday. 

New arrangement. Added home-build high pass filter and A/B/ABSeries/Bypass box, and lost the (mechanically) unrelibale cheap wah.

The new box took some thinking out! All true bypass except the input to A is connected to the input even when configured as straight through B. Worse than Sudoku! Much more challenging than an A/B/Y.

Loop A is the two distortion pedals, loop B the modulation effects.

Left button is AND/OR, middle is full bypass, right is A/B. When bypassed the A/B LEDs light faintly to show what the setting is.

on pedalboard.JPG

• Like 1

I have recently changed my pedalboard. This is what I'm trying now. I left the LS-2 out, so I'm running in "serial mode".

Planet Waves PW-CT 11-->JHS Pulp'N'Peel v4-->MXR Bass Octave Deluxe-->Aguilar Fuzzistor-->Mooer Ensemble Queen-->TC Electronic Thunderstorm-->HPF-->LPF-->Aguilar Tone Hammer

I include the Flanger because in my previous pedalboard I had the Line6 M5 and I got awesome synth tones with octaver+fuzz+flanger. This flanger is different, but it's fun too. The chorus and the flanger will go out when the MXR chorus will arrive, because that pedal has also a Flanger option and I love the sound. The Mooer is pretty good actually. It replaced a Corona Chorus.

I'm also considering taking out the JHS and put a MXR Micro Amp instead of the compressor. But I'm not sure about that yet.

Pedalboard.jpg

• Like 2

Finally got round to rebuilding my board today. The promise of a new dub band on the horizon has inspired me to start making some whacky noises again. 

The FEA opti fet has replaced the spectracomp, and the green bass machine is temporary. C4 and FI are battling it out in the synth department... but I have room for both atm so why not.

I feel like this configuration will stay for a while.

20191011_153405.thumb.jpg.033e02f287a3968f5433bcddafce0f0a.jpg

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, GisserD said:

Finally got round to rebuilding my board today. The promise of a new dub band on the horizon has inspired me to start making some whacky noises again. 

The FEA opti fet has replaced the spectracomp, and the green bass machine is temporary. C4 and FI are battling it out in the synth department... but I have room for both atm so why not.

Jaw hits the floor!!

On 04/10/2019 at 23:24, Wilco said:

I had mine powered with a current doubling lead for a bit but unfortunately my power supply couldn't cope with it on a 3 hour gig, so I have had to go back to its original supply - need to make a different power supply for it.

Latest version of my board has a bit of space which will soon be filled over the coming weeks with a boss dimension c waza and an not yet 100% sure it it will be a md or Od 200

9D6E67FC-9C7E-4390-BE62-C30211F64888.thumb.jpeg.b77f26a308f9a67f148ccfa9dbf468b8.jpeg

inder the bridge is a Cali 76bc and a moog clusterflux and lpf as well as my midi aby which lets me pick between amps ( orange ob1-500 or rockerverb mk3 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

I had mine powered with a current doubling lead for a bit but unfortunately my power supply couldn't cope with it on a 3 hour gig, so I have had to go back to its original supply - need to make a different power supply for it.

I tried it for the first time at a gig last Saturday night. It was on for probably longer than that & was rock solid throughout.

What brick were you using? In my research it seemed that the Strymon kit was particularly good (& also very quiet).

I guess it also depends on what else is on your board drawing power - with my set up, very little.

You’re right, they do need to make a new power supply for the HX. Construction wise it’s terrible - mine kept coming apart within a couple of weeks of buying it (brand new). 

On 11/10/2019 at 18:13, GisserD said:

I might have asked you this on another thread, but does the C4 make the Manta redundant? I have the latter and would like the former when money allows, partly for its harmoniser and detune functionality, allowing me to lose the Boss PS6 which doesn't have MIDI control and (it turns out) can't be controlled by the Boss ES5 expression output either (WTF?). In theory, you can adjust a lot of the Manta from the knobs, but in practice it's quite fiddly and as a MIDI user, I'm always worried about overwriting something by mistake so I only really edit via the hub. C4 could solve a lot of problems in one go.

In short yes. If you have the will to do so, the manta filters can be replaced by the c4. I really like to create sounds on the fly so the manta stays for now, but if your midi enabled and happy to program from the app/computer then your not loosing anything in my opinion.

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

In short yes. If you have the will to do so, the manta filters can be replaced by the c4. I really like to create sounds on the fly so the manta stays for now, but if your midi enabled and happy to program from the app/computer then your not loosing anything in my opinion.

I think the only complication would be that I run the Manta after the ES5 and rely on MIDI completely, whereas the PS6, I have in a loop and sometimes run in front of a bitcrusher and sometimes near the end of the chain, before the Manta. I'd need to think a bit about the number of available loops and how this would affect pedal order.