Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

48 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Not heard a better advert for a BEF! I am in a covers band so that bodes well :) 

Agreed - you'll note both the Neurohub and the Gecko III for exactly those reasons. They do start to make more "economic" sense if you have more than one SA pedal on your board, but for just a single pedal it's very borderline I agree.

"Unfortunately" I think you're on a path to a bigger board (I gave in, in the end!) particularly if you get to discover just how good the FI is! :) 

I'm up to a Novo 24 already! Both our guitarists have PT Classic 2 as well so there's a practical limit here. Not much room for scissor kicks on our stages! I can do MIDI from the ES5 so I'd only need the Hub in theory, but I'm eyeing up a DD500 to replace both my current delays so that will use the port and as you say, with only one SA pedal, it get's marginal. 

> Mooer E-lady > One Control Mosquito > (wet loop) Moog MF Delay (Zander Little Monster to ramp oscillations/feedback & wet  loop volume knob to keep it under control & trails) > Darkglass B7K > DI &/or amp ... 

Mono lite just squeezes into Thomann case :)

34E7D411-907B-4BB3-B81D-28049B5D143A.jpeg

0154B5BB-DD31-46D1-9018-67060A340981.jpeg

Edited by sifi2112
  • Like 1

So here’s my humble little pedal board. It covers me for all my gigs...

Basswitch (with Cali76 in the series loop)

HPF/LPF

ToneHammer 

The Basswitch allows me to have full eq if needed for a dodgy room, big hollow stage etc. as well as a great DI.

The Cali is just wonderful and provides a nice piggy backspace for the LPF/HPF which in turn helps when I’m running my amp loud - it keeps the signal nice and ‘clean’ and everything working efficiently. Finally the Tone hammer for drive duties. It’s such a good drive unit with sweepable mids. It can do a couple of flavours of ‘Ampeg’ if need and help the sound poke out in a full band setting with the mid freq control. I sometimes swap this out for a Darkglass AO if I’m needing more filth. 

306535F2-E3B3-4AD2-93C2-CCEFB658A22A.jpeg

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

Had a bit of a change up again as I was starting to tap dance... Again. Added a verb to things and a new switcher. I've got to finish wiring it in properly as changed to evidence solderless which I'm really impressed with so far as long as they stand the test of time. 

I also increased the board to a warwick rock board which I'm really pleased with. 

One rehearsal and a few jams at home and I'm really pleased with the simplicity and ese of it all working together.

DSC_1505.thumb.JPG.07d23b040ea3282573bd77d5c1ab29e2.JPGDSC_1511.thumb.JPG.e605a75095504d982a8d475323d9cfa9.JPG

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

@Al Krow thank you, it's even nicer with the big rig. Kinda not missing the meatbox.... Reconsidering my octave needs in areas whilst writing though. Have you flipped it already? :o

I did. Heard so much about it that it was a particular scratch I needed to itch!! But the realisation from fellow BCers that it was never something that could properly be used at home or rehearsals and would only really come into its own in live situations with decent sub woofers kinda meant it was not going to be for me. Scratch duly itched! It's now somewhere in Denmark causing havoc there, I believe... (I do still have your Y splitter cable however :)).

What octavers are you thinking about and any particular sound (e.g. "classic OC2") / or use (e.g. fattening up your sound?) you've got in mind?

7 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Not really that progressed in thinking tbh @Al Krow...... Jamming the other week and I just thought I wonder if an octaver would be fun here.... And so the board continues to grow... 

Well if you want something compact and also great value you could do far worse than the Valeton OC-10, but there's a lot to choose from :) 

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:07, Salt on your Bass? said:

Had a bit of a change up again as I was starting to tap dance... Again. Added a verb to things and a new switcher. I've got to finish wiring it in properly as changed to evidence solderless which I'm really impressed with so far as long as they stand the test of time. 

I also increased the board to a warwick rock board which I'm really pleased with. 

One rehearsal and a few jams at home and I'm really pleased with the simplicity and ese of it all working together.

DSC_1505.thumb.JPG.07d23b040ea3282573bd77d5c1ab29e2.JPGDSC_1511.thumb.JPG.e605a75095504d982a8d475323d9cfa9.JPG

Ooh - a Ventris. How is it, and what do you use it for (Reverb, obvs...)?

3 hours ago, radiophonic said:

@Salt on your Bass? Just out of interest, why the LS2? You've got more loops than pedals on G2 right?

Yeah loads of loops, but I use the LS2 for a clean blend on my wah - the G2 doesn't provide a parallel blend option and I like some dry signal fed in.

@Daz39 the ventris is really good - I'm still getting to grips with it as its the first time I've ventured into verb, but so far using the shimmer setting and the E-dome in recent songs, in conjunction with the delay. I've toyed with the parallel blend option and still working on that in terms of what works well together before it all gets too muddy. Enjoying it a lot though. Mainly using it for some lead melody, but also playing with it on some of the heavier riffs that we play which initially seems to have scope.

Edited by Salt on your Bass?
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Yeah loads of loops, but I use the LS2 for a clean blend on my wah - the G2 doesn't provide a parallel blend option and I like some dry signal fed in.

@Daz39 the ventris is really good - I'm still getting to grips with it as its the first time I've ventured into verb, but so far using the shimmer setting and the E-dome in recent songs, in conjunction with the delay. I've toyed with the parallel blend option and still working on that in terms of what works well together before it all gets too muddy. Enjoying it a lot though. Mainly using it for some lead melody, but also playing with it on some of the heavier riffs that we play which initially seems to have scope.

Right. I'm really surprised by the lack of a parallel loop option on G2 though. 

3 hours ago, radiophonic said:

Right. I'm really surprised by the lack of a parallel loop option on G2 though. 

...Actually I've just had some clarity from the Gigrig guys that there is a parallel option in the special functions options - I'll still need the blend on the wah as I blend a fuzz signal typically, rather than a true clean bend. I then run my organ in parallel to the rest of it which the G2 will do and mix.

It's not yet a pedalboard, but it is a 'solidworks' drawing of the plan's for my new pedalboard build. The clear top is also going to be done in wood but is clear on this image to make the design clear. 

It has a small level plane in front for my loopswitcher, 2 tilted planes for my pedals with nice cable slots, a level plane on the right for my VariPhase expression pedal. The tilted planes will have hinges to make the space beneath them accessible. I'm putting 6 plugs in the side of the case: 1 power connection, 1 bass input, 2 amp outputs, a connection for the channelswitch of my amp, and a XLR out because I'm planning on putting a nice DI inside so I have my own choice of DI when playing live. Outer dimensions will be 674mm x 424mm x 184mm. 

Thoughts or tips for building it?

50236826_2029011574058852_3300764907657494528_n.jpg

7 hours ago, Kamiel said:

It's not yet a pedalboard, but it is a 'solidworks' drawing of the plan's for my new pedalboard build. The clear top is also going to be done in wood but is clear on this image to make the design clear. 

It has a small level plane in front for my loopswitcher, 2 tilted planes for my pedals with nice cable slots, a level plane on the right for my VariPhase expression pedal. The tilted planes will have hinges to make the space beneath them accessible. I'm putting 6 plugs in the side of the case: 1 power connection, 1 bass input, 2 amp outputs, a connection for the channelswitch of my amp, and a XLR out because I'm planning on putting a nice DI inside so I have my own choice of DI when playing live. Outer dimensions will be 674mm x 424mm x 184mm. 

Thoughts or tips for building it?

50236826_2029011574058852_3300764907657494528_n.jpg

1. This deserves its own thread.

2. Get the wood CNCd on a router/mill. It's not as expensive as you might think.

• Like 1

Updated board for 2019 with the Q\Strip replacing the Mesa Subway pre-amp (for more EQ control).

IMG_20190123_184527.jpg

Pork n Pickle dropped for the Vintage Microtubes and compressor moved from start of chain to end (just before Q Strip).

Edited by PJ-Bassist
  • Like 2

Ok.....I’m done with my utterly perfect board (needs to be as i’m Not buying anything this year 😂):

True bypass looper -> COG Mini 66 -> Wazacraft tuner -> MXR BEF -> OC2 -> MXR Bass Chorus -> true bypass looper -> Noble

65554E43-99C3-442D-9161-61255363BB0C.thumb.jpeg.3505517f3d1d1a5bce92d1975dd586ad.jpeg

Si

• Like 2

I've been loving having a PT Nano Board in a Tick just strapped to my Mono Case but I've had to bring the Junior out of retirement for our upcoming run of gigs.
New addition of a Digitech Jam Man Stereo to provide our intro tape, and a few samples during the set to give us tuning/guitar change opportunities. Plus a loop switcher to save me stepping over to get to the bass effects.
The Jam Man has it's own supply as its 1.3A but the rest is still powered by my Volto.

The F**k! switch is a second gain stage for a bit of fun.

IMG_0065.jpg

Edited by danpb