Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

14 hours ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Probably still not final but happy for the short term.... See how it sounds through the next month of writing but to date very happy with this. Just added some ebs patch cables which ha saved a tonne of space. 

1516723276732817212815.jpg

Those EBS flat patch cables are great. How do you rate the TC Spark? Its on my list of stuff to try out.

@dmc79 I was really surprised by the spark actually - in terms of how much I like it. It does exactly what I wanted it to do - provide a 'transparent' bit of drive on my signal, or to add some clean boost t the front end of my amp. Its exactly what I've been looking for from an overdrive over the last year - I've tried a few (not loads) and this just hits the mark. I've only had it on the board for about 2 weeks so next full rehearsal I'll probably put it through it's paces a lot more.  I'd be interested to see how the mini compares, but i do like the flexibility this offers 

Nothing exotic here. The Hartke chorus is going to be replaced with an Eden in the next few weeks. I use an amp footswitch to bring in tune emulated drive and ashdown sub harmonics if needed.

Amy advice on pedal order, saving space, etc. Gratefully received! 

IMG_20180121_160308.jpg

So i got fed up with lugging a board about and bought a multi-fx.. Um... Then this happened....

The fuzz and 'plexi' come from the bass, go into the little mixer and out to the Zoom.  A keyboard goes into the Nux, which is being a looper (mostly) and then into the wah, then to mixer and zoom...

And since the pic, i stuck a tuner in after the drives to easily mute the bass. Um...

IMG_20180125_212811906.thumb.jpg.ca1c7b91d96a88b55bddebe9875c4760.jpg

• Like 1

Added a few pedals (Luxe, Green Russian and a RAT clone), removed one (Ditto), also did some changes to the order.
HB5Eo4s.jpg

Made a secondary board and reinstated a few old pedals.
gmI17h3.jpg
I just couldn't get to grips with the one switch control of the TC ditto. Do I need to stamp it once, twice, hold? This makes me think while recording... and there goes another attempt at making a decent loop down the drain. :)
That's why I bought a extra switching pedal for my Boss looper, blablas can cope better with more switches. Also placed my old Harley Benton compressor in front of the looper, this gives me the illusion of having just a little bit more control over the quality of the sound I want to loop.

The two boards in one picture.
1fD8eOF.jpg

Edited by blablas
small error
  • Like 1

Massive update! I sold my Memory Boy, Opto Stomp and OC-2 because I didn't use them. Volume pedal is for sale as well but it'll stay on the board for now. The reverb is on the board with tie wraps because it has foam on the bottom, and if I remove that it's gonna leave a lot behind which makes it kinda impossible to put velcro on it. I don't have a proper solution yet.
T-Rex Fuel Tank on the bottom btw.

fYsXBL7.jpg

5 hours ago, blablas said:

Moved around a few pedals to get a visually more pleasing board.... Better for my OCPD ;), and it resides in my living room so it must look as nice as possible as well!
sImEaTn.jpg
No change in the chain order.

That is indeed neat! But how about this as an alternative for compact and tidy: 

Image result for line 6 helix picture

:D

Edited by Al Krow

6 minutes ago, blablas said:

I don't like these all in one pedals, I'm always having problems coming to grasps with the user interface on these things and if it breaks everything is broken.

In my current set-up now I can change or move a paddle whenever I want to.

I never cease to fail to have  a sense of 'shock and awe' whenever you post your pedal board! Is it for home use only, or do you gig with it?

Home use. Just for my personal amusement. :)

Gigged and played in a band a long long time ago - hated every moment of it - the nerves before a gig, the endless practising of the same thing over and over again and the pressure of having to do this practising at regular intervals.

This is the final version of a board that' been in progress now for a few months.

M5 wasn' getting used so it' made way for the Zeus in the loop of the gr2.

All source audio pedals are in the volume loop as they can be switched on and off via midi.