Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1500900972' post='3340927']
Still a work in progress but this is me just now...

[attachment=249742:IMG_3611.JPG]

And the mess...

[attachment=249741:IMG_3616.JPG]
[/quote]

I notice you have a Super Symmetry now! How does it compare to the Cali76? :)

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1500907722' post='3340984']
I notice you have a Super Symmetry now! How does it compare to the Cali76? :)
[/quote]

They're both great, i could happily have either, and i actually intended on having neither on this board which is why i sold the Cali CB but every time i think i want to not have a comp i miss having one and get another, this is not the first time this has happened!

This is actually my second SS i had a big Cali and i got rid of it to get a SS mainly to save space, but i didn't really get on with the SS that time so sold it for the Cali CB, turns out i wasn't so much not getting on with the SS but more missing the Big Cali as i didn't really find much difference between the CB and the SS. After selling my CB last month i thought i'd try the SS again, really liking it this time. I'm running it fairly lightly with a lot of blend and it for me does that job a little better than the CB did maybe, think its a keeper this time.

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1500909389' post='3340999']

They're both great, i could happily have either, and i actually intended on having neither on this board which is why i sold the Cali CB but every time i think i want to not have a comp i miss having one and get another, this is not the first time this has happened!

This is actually my second SS i had a big Cali and i got rid of it to get a SS mainly to save space, but i didn't really get on with the SS that time so sold it for the Cali CB, turns out i wasn't so much not getting on with the SS but more missing the Big Cali as i didn't really find much difference between the CB and the SS. After selling my CB last month i thought i'd try the SS again, really liking it this time. I'm running it fairly lightly with a lot of blend and it for me does that job a little better than the CB did maybe, think its a keeper this time.
[/quote]

Thanks Jon
I'm enjoying the Cali76 cb you sold me,however not had a chance to gig it yet. It's compression is more subtle than I thought,but that's a good thing. I've only got a little clean blended in! I dont seem ti notice much difference with the HTC but as I say I've not tried it at gig volume,only through headphones or my rig very quiet. suppose I need to spend a bit more time messing with it.I'm having some pedal board noise issues which is driving mad at the moment. The SS is on my list to try in my search for the ultimate compression :)
Origin need to make a big box transformer version with the CB feature set and it'll take over the world -lol

[quote name='blablas' timestamp='1500721963' post='3339791']

[/quote]

And again a new pedal, Mooer Slow Engine, nice effect. Also did some changes to the layout, following the curve of the board extensions has grown while filling them, they could also be filled in more practical way ;) .

DIY'd something again, a Wierd object.

It's a replacement for the 'round the corner' extensions. Despite the low cost of these extensions they are not really that practical or pleasing to the eye so in the end I decided to fabricate something myself.

Attached, filled and ready for use.

Also added a couple of new mini pedals, a TC electronic mini Corona, 2nd chorus for over the top use, also very handy due to the use of Toneprints. The Mooer Bass Sweeper is back again and added a Mooer @wah.

Edited by blablas

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1494936948' post='3299725']

That has to be the coolest board I've ever seen.

Blue
[/quote]

Thanks! :) While I did enjoy making it and using it for a short while it didn't survive long. Since I was never going to use it outside of my home I decided I no longer want to bend over or crawl on the floor to tweak settings. So, this board now holds mainly those controls that need stomping on, and the effects have migrated up onto my desktop, into another DIY build. Much easier to create bleeps and bloops this way, and infinitely easier to rearrange things to try different effects.

Edited by FretNoMore

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1501857514' post='3347849']
wowsers - now that looks like a LOT of fun! good job!!
[/quote]
Yes it is! :)

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='CameronJ' timestamp='1502056509' post='3349080']
You've done a fantastic job there Fret. Very cool.
[/quote]
Thank you! :)

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1501843756' post='3347720']

Thanks! :) While I did enjoy making it and using it for a short while it didn't survive long. Since I was never going to use it outside of my home I decided I no longer want to bend over or crawl on the floor to tweak settings. So, this board now holds mainly those controls that need stomping on, and the effects have migrated up onto my desktop, into another DIY build. Much easier to create bleeps and bloops this way, and infinitely easier to rearrange things to try different effects.

[/quote]

that's amazing ,you should get that on Dragons den :)

Just finished mine, and tested it in anger at rehearsal. Thought i'd share the photo. I made custom length cables, took a few hours but saved a few bob :). One spot CS12 power supply is secured underneath.

Cali76 and Aphex are 'always on' tone shapers, others used as needed.

Edited by roman_sub

Gone back to a dual amp set up. PDF2 and noble into bass amp and POG and EQD Acupulco gold clone into guitar amp

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/5888BD74-1605-49D1-9A8C-30CA9C3B8590_zpsojwxtjjl.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/5888BD74-1605-49D1-9A8C-30CA9C3B8590_zpsojwxtjjl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Here's mine. No esoteric bass grunge just signal conditioning (EBS Microbass 2 preamp, FEA Labs dual band compression and Empress 3 band parametric eq), Future Impact bass synth and the Zoom handles modulation and delays.

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1502814018' post='3353724']
Gone back to a dual amp set up. PDF2 and noble into bass amp and POG and EQD Acupulco gold clone into guitar amp

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/5888BD74-1605-49D1-9A8C-30CA9C3B8590_zpsojwxtjjl.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/5888BD74-1605-49D1-9A8C-30CA9C3B8590_zpsojwxtjjl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

Ah the Trooper Boost still going strong? :)

Si

New band, new board! Chain is tuner, Thumpinator, Discumbobulator, Effectrode PC-2A, Vulcan, TAFM, Le Bass, then Carbon Copy and Phase 90 (in the fx loop of the Le Bass). All sitting on a PT Metro 24 and powered by a Cioks DC5 underneath. Edited by dannybuoy