Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='Bearfist' timestamp='1455108472' post='2975936']
Back to using a board rather than the rack, think i'm settled although a B7K Ultra is a possibility?

[attachment=212026:IMG_2472.JPG]
[/quote]

What size board is that? Pedaltrain mini or metro something or other?

Current board... I use about 5 effects for a total of around 30 seconds throughout a 2 hour set so got the zoom and noose to cover that. MXR is next to get replaced, suggestions for a preamp with built in dirt as a second channel that doesn't scoop your mids as standard? If anyone is on the lookout for a cheap and cheerful power supply, I highly recommend the power plant from Thomann, total bargain at under £30.

The finalised (probably) [url="http://www.facebook.com/rikmayallmarathonevents/"]Rikcon[/url] board...

[attachment=212469:IMG_20160214_163936(2).jpg]

Fairly simple but seeing as it has to be Pulp, The Shadows and Queen among others it took a while to get sorted!

And the 'Ok, sod it, everything - can we put wheels on it?' board. Just to play with and because my occasional upstairs neighbour thinks 2am is dubstep time!

[attachment=212470:IMG_20160215_195941.jpg]

For many years, I was a tuner-only kind of guy. Then one day there was an overdrive. And a few years after that, a chorus. Last summer it got to the point where at every gig and rehearsal I was having to set up four pedals, and I thought "well, time for a board."

I've now finally managed to get to the point where I consider version 1 of my pedalboard to be complete.

Using EBS PCF-10 cables for connecting, which is why those three pedals on the left (chorus, overdrive, fuzz) can get so snug together. Here's a snap of its bum:

That's a Warwick Rockboard Power LT XL in the bottom left. No longer do I need to find a place to plug in, nor worry about hum. My only disappointment is that it doesn't actually have a power button, so you need to unplug it when you're not using it, which is a fiddle. It's also slightly thicker than I'd like - it doesn't quite fit snugly into the cavity underneath, but thanks to the additional height of the pedalboard's feet, it still doesn't touch the ground.

What's next? Find a way to secure that power supply more securely. Maybe replace all that velcro on the underside with self-adhesive cable tie anchors. And of course, try out new pedals.

S.P.

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' timestamp='1455567617' post='2980340']
For many years, I was a tuner-only kind of guy. Then one day there was an overdrive. And a few years after that, a chorus. Last summer it got to the point where at every gig and rehearsal I was having to set up four pedals, and I thought "well, time for a board."

I've now finally managed to get to the point where I consider version 1 of my pedalboard to be complete.

Using EBS PCF-10 cables for connecting, which is why those three pedals on the left (chorus, overdrive, fuzz) can get so snug together. Here's a snap of its bum:

That's a Warwick Rockboard Power LT XL in the bottom left. No longer do I need to find a place to plug in, nor worry about hum. My only disappointment is that it doesn't actually have a power button, so you need to unplug it when you're not using it, which is a fiddle. It's also slightly thicker than I'd like - it doesn't quite fit snugly into the cavity underneath, but thanks to the additional height of the pedalboard's feet, it still doesn't touch the ground.

What's next? Find a way to secure that power supply more securely. Maybe replace all that velcro on the underside with self-adhesive cable tie anchors. And of course, try out new pedals.

S.P.
[/quote]

that's a nice little setup you have there - 'what's next' is a rabbit hole :)

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1455556855' post='2980196']
the latest edition!

[url="http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/IMG_1931.jpg.html"][/url]

Andy
[/quote]

Andy - please tell me you're still doing a comparison / shoot out?? 3 muffs and 2 rats? ;)

edit - or is that 4 muffs??

Edited by GazWills

Thought I'd have a little experiment with my utility/covers board:

[IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/33bzt42.jpg[/IMG]

New chain is:
Bass -> DIY true bypass switch -> Line6 M5 -> DIY Wooly Mammoth -> MXR Bass Envelope Filter -> Boss OC-2 -> back out via TB switch. All powered by a Diago Power Station

Si

A new toy arrived from a certain Mr Dave Hall yesterday and got added to my nano+
[attachment=212550:nanoplus.jpg]

It now sits on taller feet to accomodate my Trex Chameleon.
To be safe the DHA uses 2 outlets at 12VDC with a current doubler cable (green).
[attachment=212551:nanoplusfeet.jpg]

[quote name='Twigman' timestamp='1455698574' post='2981475']
A new toy arrived from a certain Mr Dave Hall yesterday and got added to my nano+
[attachment=212550:nanoplus.jpg]

It now sits on taller feet to accomodate my Trex Chameleon.
To be safe the DHA uses 2 outlets at 12VDC with a current doubler cable (green).
[attachment=212551:nanoplusfeet.jpg]
[/quote]

What's the khyber pass pedal Twigman?

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1455727302' post='2981880']
You want to get yourself some right-angle power cables Twigman :)

Si
[/quote]
You're not wrong.....Think I found some...
http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/shop/dc-2-1mm-leads-plug-to-plug-set-of-6-30cm/

Now there's only the problem of the current doubler....was thinking a folded up 2.1mm to right angle extension lead under the board to extend the current doubler....

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1455728105' post='2981891']
Rather than folding up a 1m cable under the board there are some shorter ones about!

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-Power-Plug-5-5x-2-1mm-Female-to-5-5-x-2-5mm-Male-Right-Angle-Adapter-Cable-UK-/131687406094"]http://www.ebay.co.u...K-/131687406094[/url]
[/quote]

Great!
Thanks!

Here's my little board, slight downsizing as I realised I was only using these pedals in the current band... so moved from Metro 24 back to old PT Mini. Feels right!

I just prefer the design of these to the new metro's, and the old bags were better, I don't care what PT say!!! :)

[quote name='Dapper Bandit' timestamp='1455568320' post='2980352']
How do you find the Side Car works with the Boomerang? Does it add a great deal of functionality?
[/quote]
[quote name='operative451' timestamp='1455565655' post='2980312']
Blimey flip, what does that lot sound like?! :D
[/quote]

I'm having a lot of fun making noise, ambient soundscapes and covering Daft Punk songs by myself. I'm hoping to record with it soon, if only for posterity :P

The Side Car definitely opens up the Boomerang (as least for me). I find it far easier to stack and record with dedicated function buttons and it frees up the first yellow bonus button as a fourth loop bank and allows me to set fade, reverse and octave to separate buttons.

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1455736240' post='2981988']
Here's my little board, slight downsizing as I realised I was only using these pedals in the current band... so moved from Metro 24 back to old PT Mini. Feels right!

I just prefer the design of these to the new metro's, and the old bags were better, I don't care what PT say!!! :)

[/quote]

That board is so cool. Simple but with taste. ;)