Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Hi Si,
I take your point about the drive pedals but it is probably more to do with me being an insane control freak who likes his sound to be 'just so'! I love the sound of my bass and amp clean and get quite unreasonably irritated with the way that some pedals cut/boost high/low frequencies.
Ben.

[quote name='colgraff' timestamp='1435397351' post='2808364']
Hi Si,
I take your point about the drive pedals but it is probably more to do with me being an insane control freak who likes his sound to be 'just so'! I love the sound of my bass and amp clean and get quite unreasonably irritated with the way that some pedals cut/boost high/low frequencies.
Ben.
[/quote]

Haha, that's fair enough :)
You'd probably do well to have each of the combinations in its own loop, with a little 1590a true bypass looper. That way, you'd just have one pedal to press for each sound rather than two :)

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1435346924' post='2808042']
• I have 3 Behringer EQs which are for different pedal combinations.[list]
[*]No effects or Chorus/Wonderlove= no EQ on
[*]Emulating 80s pick sound = EQ1 on
[*]Distortion / fuzz = EQ2 on
[*]Fission powerchord = EQ3 on
[/list]
This to me suggests that you need to find some drive pedals that you like the sound of better lol
Interesting board though!

Si
[/quote]

id be be tempted to try find the od that sounds right to you with out the eq, but hey thats how ive ended up with like 5/6 dirt pedals

I know what you mean, Westwood, that is how I ended up with the stupidly large number of pedals that I have. I have only ever got rid of a couple of pedals and just add to them. Now, though I can cover most eventualities. The one space on my pedalboard is reserved for a wireless system, or possibly a dancing animatronic dinosaur!

i have a problem when it comes to dirt pedals what you want 2 by Piod effects is on the board, not everyone needs a pedal with that much gain but hey, it does kinda make me wanna try the darkglass b7k but with the other dirt pedals ive got alot of tones covered, plus the mxr sub machine will be squeezed back in the chain somewhere!

[url="http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/IMG_1264.jpg.html"][URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/IMG_1264.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/IMG_1264.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/url]

Edited by 0175westwood29

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1435403604' post='2808451']

id be be tempted to try find the od that sounds right to you with out the eq, but hey thats how ive ended up with like 5/6 dirt pedals
[/quote]

I should point out that I was badly quoting the member above me (somewhere), I wouldn't touch Behringer pedals lol. Not through pedal snobbery, they sound fine, but have some issues with their general business practices.

Si

Had a culling of effects, this is what I am planning on running next, Wah can be added if needed ad the compressor can stay with the am, wont miss the envelope or boost too much I hope :)

[URL=http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/01952danny-79/media/PT%20Nano%201.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/01952danny-79/PT%20Nano%201.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Gosh, PedalTrain Nano+ *snap*

Got mine yesterday from PMT in Cambridge. I only went in for a browse. Ended up coming out £300 lighter and one PedalTrain, one EHX Micro POG and a TC FlashBack delay heavier :unsure: still, it'll be nice to take all my gigging bits in two soft carry cases. Glad the POG came with a 9V PSU as I literally just dropped my One-Spot and sheared the darn plastic Earth pin off......had it for years, plenty of gigging, and I drop it on my floor as I'm setting up my new board.....spooky

[attachment=195349:IMG_0182.JPG]
This is just my 'Utility' board for Sunday worship......

Still trying to work out where to put this lot. Definitely need a bigger PedalTrain for the 'Effects' board.
[attachment=195350:IMG_0184.JPG]
Can't decide on the Vintage Overdrive (TS 808 clone) or the Ultimate Drive (OCD clone).

Proposed loop order is Palmer D'Accapo > 1590A loop switcher (won at the Herts Bash raffle) > OD > EHX Bass BMPi > Loop Sw > Chorus > stereo out > TC FlashBack

To do: some short(er) patch cables. JOYO's are good, don't get me wrong, but I need a more compact solution. George L's maybe?.

Edited by Bottle

[URL=http://s1014.photobucket.com/user/01952danny-79/media/PT%20Nano%20Mk2%204%20-%20Copy.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af266/01952danny-79/PT%20Nano%20Mk2%204%20-%20Copy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Had to modify it, thought I could do with out the Boss Overdrive but apparently not :(
So im looking for a replacement any ideas what to replace it with ? I want something similar sounding but crisper, the Boss is a bit too muddy and it has a noticeable effect on everything just by being in the chain, it has served me well but needs updating :)
Also thinking about a Thumpinator, the Orange head im running with this set up is trying to kill my cones, especially when adding Octave to it

Here is another thought, the MarkBass Octave I have is possibly the best sounding octave pedal I have ever used, but the jack sockets on it are ..... you have to keep a constant eye on them. any suggestions on how to keep them fixed in other than wrapping electrical tape around the effect, even that is not 100%

[quote name='Bottle' timestamp='1435611994' post='2810690']
Gosh, PedalTrain Nano+ *snap*

Got mine yesterday from PMT in Cambridge. I only went in for a browse. Ended up coming out £300 lighter and one PedalTrain, one EHX Micro POG and a TC FlashBack delay heavier :unsure: still, it'll be nice to take all my gigging bits in two soft carry cases. Glad the POG came with a 9V PSU as I literally just dropped my One-Spot and sheared the darn plastic Earth pin off......had it for years, plenty of gigging, and I drop it on my floor as I'm setting up my new board.....spooky

[attachment=195349:IMG_0182.JPG]
This is just my 'Utility' board for Sunday worship......

[/quote]

What will you use the POG for man in worship? Song/effect wise?

Paul Baloche's bass player had a workshop in our church and he uses the Boss Octave pedal to get a big low 'C' for one part of 'Hosanna' and thats generally it, but makes a BIG impact.

[quote name='Jus Lukin' timestamp='1435745099' post='2811969']
Very cool! As you've gone the cable-tie route, perhaps a well placed tie at the right tension would help with the jacks on the MB octave?
[/quote]

I have tried that, and tape around the whole thing even, its just a matter of being aware of it and keeping an eye on it, just don't want it breaking contact mid gig....
Its possibly the best octave pedal I have every used, but the build of it ? not what you would expect from the name brand
I don't care what anybody says, the Boss pedal casing is about as good as it will ever get for user ease. And at the end of the world all that will be left is lots of Boss pedals ! is it even possible to break one accidently ?

[quote name='pendingrequests' timestamp='1435742959' post='2811925']
What will you use the POG for man in worship? Song/effect wise?

Paul Baloche's bass player had a workshop in our church and he uses the Boss Octave pedal to get a big low 'C' for one part of 'Hosanna' and thats generally it, but makes a BIG impact.
[/quote]
I'm going to be using it for Octave Up mostly to fill out the upper register (it's mostly me, a flautist and a keyboard player - occasionally an acoustic guitarist as well). There are also a couple of songs in the rotation which go down past the open E, hopefuly will save me drop/down-tuning. I've got an outdoor event Sunday afternoon in the village so I need a little more low-end heft; I'll set up my rack to send the high-passed output to the rest of the effects change (OD, chorus and delay mostly) then on to my second cab.

Cheers,

Ian

here's my stuff.

here's my new stuff.

main board (PT-JR):

edit: here's the chain: Mini -> PS-3-> Looper -> Loop 1 = Micro Boost -> Xotic -> Nano Pog -> Loop 2 (no switch) = Woodchipper -> Loop 3 = SubT -> Polytope -> Xero Deluxe -> Frantabit -> Nimbus -> Procession -> Proteus -> DD7

new Metro 16 add-on board:

whole setup: (tuner is rackmount = room for more pedals )

main board (PT-JR):

chain: Mini -> PS-3-> Looper -> Loop 1 = Micro Boost -> Xotic -> Nano Pog -> Loop 2 (no switch) = Woodchipper -> Loop 3 = SubT -> Polytope -> Xero Deluxe -> Frantabit -> Nimbus -> Procession -> Proteus -> DD7

Metro 16 add-on board:

whole setup:

Recently I've stripped it down to a more modest collection for the majority of gigs... I still have a big board for that 'special' occasion & I have been known to link the two together when I'm feeling mental!.... but this can cover most of my actual working situations....

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/86FC6B9D-C873-4C95-9A7F-4C37CBCF8B6B_zps9qn9cxja.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/86FC6B9D-C873-4C95-9A7F-4C37CBCF8B6B_zps9qn9cxja.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Latest board for church

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1436117696' post='2815121']
[url="http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/86FC6B9D-C873-4C95-9A7F-4C37CBCF8B6B_zps9qn9cxja.jpg.html"][/url]

Latest board for church
[/quote]

You let that beast in church?! :)