Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Guest FretNoMore

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1376753536' post='2178730']
Excellent, far better than the stageclix I had before, not missed a beat since owning it. The cable for the transmitter is a bit cheap and crap but works all the same.
just waiting on a custom Line selector to get rid of the boss and the board should be finished till I find something else to buy.
[/quote]

Thanks!

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1376770188' post='2179008']
two BB preamps?? how do you use the two - stacked, or just set for different levels of gain??
[/quote]

Well I have one low gain and always on and the other set for high gain stuff.
So stacked and different levels I guess. Haha. Been the best OD for bass I've had, and two is better than one haha.

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1376911814' post='2180632']
Here's mine, now complete with COG custom pedal! :-)

[url="http://s66.photobucket.com/user/albakio/media/20130817_175955.jpg.html"][/url]

I'm stopping now, for a while at least!...
[/quote]

Very nice board! :)
Have you ever considered a Boss PS-6 as a smaller alternative to the Whammy?

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1376919446' post='2180830']
Very nice board! :)
Have you ever considered a Boss PS-6 as a smaller alternative to the Whammy?

Si
[/quote]

Thanks very much Si! :)

I hadn't considered the PS-6, must admit...I'll check them out! I do love that Whammy, though I've been considering replacing it with a Whammy 5 recently for the polyphonic setting!

This is my current gigging board for both bass and guitar, though I'm not 100% happy with it. Need to swap the British pedal out for something else, probably a VT Bass or Microtubes but have yet to decide on that. Also the compressor sucks with bass so probably gonna get a separate board for guitar and get some mooer pedals or similar to keep me happy.

Also want to get a Chorus, maybe instead of the compressor, any recommendations? I like the look of the Corona and the Mooer but not had a chance to play either yet.

Signal goes:

Bass > British > Bright Onions looper (Side A > Bassballs > Octaver) (Side B > compressor) > Amp

[quote name='StephenYork' timestamp='1377473400' post='2188034']
This is my current gigging board for both bass and guitar, though I'm not 100% happy with it. Need to swap the British pedal out for something else, probably a VT Bass or Microtubes but have yet to decide on that. Also the compressor sucks with bass so probably gonna get a separate board for guitar and get some mooer pedals or similar to keep me happy.

Also want to get a Chorus, maybe instead of the compressor, any recommendations? I like the look of the Corona and the Mooer but not had a chance to play either yet.

Signal goes:

Bass > British > Bright Onions looper (Side A > Bassballs > Octaver) (Side B > compressor) > Amp
[/quote]

Add your OC-2 serial to the OC-2 database here, would be very much appreciated :)
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/215286-boss-oc-2-serial-database-please-add-yours/

Great board, nice to see some multi-channel boards coming through!

Si

[quote name='StephenYork' timestamp='1377473400' post='2188034']
Also want to get a Chorus, maybe instead of the compressor, any recommendations?
[/quote]

Boss CEB-3 I find is a great chorus. Does subtle well, probably not as wet or shimmery as some others (though it can do OTT sounds), but does have low filter control so you can chose how much effect is applied to low frequencies. Comes in analogue & digital; in my experience the former's a bit warmer, latter's a bit clearer.

Can also recommend the Behringer BUC400 (Boss clone); identical in sound, but so much cheaper (got mine £20 new). It's plastic, but they're still pretty tough.

Edited by Nessy

The NSP Flycase housed pedalboard below is my main pedalboard I use mainly for the shows.
It consists of 2 signal trains. The dry signal is split by the Korg tuner to the upper train (RM Voodoo-Bass distortion and Mooer Pitch Box) and the lower train (EHX Bassballs, Aquilar Octamizer, EBS UniCorus, EBS MultiComp and Aquilar Tone Hammer). The processed trains are then selected individually or combined by Morley ABY.
I've added the step for the second row to hide the cables and make the access easier. I also covered the wood with the Tolex material, which to me was visually appealing however I would not recommend it as even good quality velcro does not stick to it (I had to glue the velcro onto the Tolex).

Edited by shemeckfrac

Guest FretNoMore

A little bit of reorganizing for two upcoming gigs where I want to be wireless ...
out goes the Empress Multidrive to make room for a Line 6 G30, and the Wampler
Euphoria goes into the Wonderlove loop instead of the Multidrive. I didn't use it
all that much anyway, so I can use the Wampler both standalone and in the loop.

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p669/FretNoMore/Pedalboard_20130827.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p669/FretNoMore/Pedalboard_Routing_2013-08-27.jpg[/IMG]

With a new Cog 66 and a complete re-route (with help from: [url="http://sheponbass.co.uk/blog/signal-chain-bassics-part-i-where-to-start.html"]http://sheponbass.co...e-to-start.html[/url]) I thought I'd better post a pic.

Chain is:

Polytune mini > LS2 Send B > OC2 > MicroPog > Bass Big Muff > Cog 66 > 3Leaf GR2 > MF LPF (with Roland EV5 controlling the Cutoff) > Frequency Analyzer > CE2B > Carbon Copy > Return B LS2 > Ditto

LS2 loop A goes straight back into the return - giving me a clean signal to blend with the effected chain.

It's on a Swann board with a raised platform hiding all the power gubbins.

Edited by bigdavethebass

I like the platform on the Swann and the fact it has no lip around the edge. It is also seriously meaty and therefore quite heavy!

There seems to be some noise about the Iron Ether Xerograph (http://ironether.com/pedals/xerograph/) Low Pass Filter which is proper pedal sized. I've not had a go on one tho. Only limitation seems to be you can only control the Frequency (Cutoff on the Moog) with an expression pedal - whereas the Moog lets you control all 4 of the controls with 4 pedals....! IMO the Cutoff is the most useful parameter to control in this way - so its potentially not much of a drawback. Tho I am getting some good stuff using a second expression pedal on the Amount parameter.