Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Usual impedance issues thats why people always recommended the LS-2 because it was active. I can't comment on the DHA blender but I know the Loooper's had some issues with certain pedals they even use to mention it on their site that it might not work in your setup due to various reasons.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='26799' date='Jul 3 2007, 11:47 PM']Usual impedance issues thats why people always recommended the LS-2 because it was active. I can't comment on the DHA blender but I know the Loooper's had some issues with certain pedals they even use to mention it on their site that it might not work in your setup due to various reasons.[/quote]

What do you mean by 'might not work'? What happens exactly?

[quote name='Loooper']Please note- Loooper cannot guarantee the results of using various pedals with the Blend Pot Option or the Parallel Option. In some instances, pedals do not function well when used in these configurations.[/quote]

What can happen is volume drops, impedance issues with fuzz's (again), your clean tone might come through fine but the effects side can be really quiet.

Passive blenders are quite unpredictable they can work with one pedal and not another or in one rig setup and not another. If it was that easy why would people even bother with the Barge and Xotic units which cost hundreds compared to the $15 the blend on a loooper use to cost.

So here is the latest update of the current board as used for the last three gigs.
Been simplified a bit coz we are playing simple songs and therefore no need for much in the way of effects.

[attachment=1054:july_4th_07.jpg]

as a result the pile of spares is quite extensive!

[attachment=1055:the_spares.jpg]

[quote name='joegarcia' post='26804' date='Jul 4 2007, 12:11 AM']What do you mean by 'might not work'? What happens exactly?[/quote]

Tayste's summed it up well as passive blenders will not work with all pedals. Active blenders like my valve driven Bob-the-Blender buffer the signal and there are no issues.

A loop switch without blend will also work with anything as it's a by-pass switch and therefore just routes the signal without any effect. It's the same as unplugging the jacks from one set of pedals and plugging into another set, but a lot quicker when on stage!

Dave

[quote name='woolleydick' post='27453' date='Jul 5 2007, 02:15 PM']So here is the latest update of the current board as used for the last three gigs.
Been simplified a bit coz we are playing simple songs and therefore no need for much in the way of effects.

[attachment=1054:july_4th_07.jpg]
as a result the pile of spares is quite extensive!

[attachment=1055:the_spares.jpg][/quote]

whats that harmonic booster?who makes it?

[quote name='Super_Mario_Bass' post='27478' date='Jul 5 2007, 04:11 PM']whats that harmonic booster?who makes it?[/quote]

Aha - wondered if anyone would spot that
It was made by Jennings Electronic in the 60's part of a pretty rare series of pedals ,never seen another one and the pedal guru's on the web do not seem to know of them in general (or I have been looking on the wrong sites)
Jennings were in the same bunch as Watkins and Vox etc. at that time lots of people moved between the companies I think.
Anyhow, the black circle is a volume control and swivels round in aa nice ankle twisting fashion, and the three switches cut in three different frequency boosts.
Just what the aspiring rock star needed to overdrive his ac30 without removing all the tiles from the wimpy bar 200 yards away

[quote name='DHA' post='27467' date='Jul 5 2007, 02:52 PM']Tayste's summed it up well as passive blenders will not work with all pedals. Active blenders like my valve driven Bob-the-Blender buffer the signal and there are no issues.

A loop switch without blend will also work with anything as it's a by-pass switch and therefore just routes the signal without any effect. It's the same as unplugging the jacks from one set of pedals and plugging into another set, but a lot quicker when on stage!

Dave[/quote]

Aha, that'll be why my shoddy home-made double looper didn't do it then. Curious about these valve Bob-The-Blender ones. Do you do double or triple ones? How much?

[quote name='joegarcia' post='27673' date='Jul 5 2007, 11:16 PM']Aha, that'll be why my shoddy home-made double looper didn't do it then. Curious about these valve Bob-The-Blender ones. Do you do double or triple ones? How much?[/quote]

Hi Joe,

To make a double "Bob" would be possible in a larger box but it would be just the same as using two off single units. Price would therefore be about the same, maybe a bit less.

I would never get a triple "Bob" into a pedal box but a rack could have 3, 4 or even more.

happy to give a BC plus multiple order discount. PM me if interested.

Dave

I bought one of Dave's Bob The Blender pedals about a year ago. I've never had a problem with it at all. In the FX Blend loop I run a Barber LTD SR and an EHX Big Muff. I blend both back it to my clean sound and it works perfectly. :)

I have never run any modulation effects through it though so I can't comment on these. Hope this is of some use.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='27806' date='Jul 6 2007, 10:48 AM']when the 506II is in a loop, some of its effects are decent
such as the phaser, which i love

though ye, it is mainly used as a tuner :)[/quote]
I found the tuner on my original version to be a piece of useless poo.
Whatever floats your boat, I guess...

[quote name='dr.funk' post='27557' date='Jul 5 2007, 07:05 PM']Hehe I understand why you have the black tape on the hartke, essential![/quote]

Yes absolutely invisible otherwise, no idea what settings you are on without the tape.
Otherwise it is an absolute blinder of a pedal the tone worked for me straight away.
I am still struggling to find anything apart from average tones from the sansamp programmable BDDi, I know everyone else thinks it is better than the Hartke so maybe I am just deaf

OK, after looking about for, quite frankly, ages I've finally found the missing piece of my pedalboard jigsaw...

Used mortar shell ammo case - perfect dimensions for a pedal board, looks battered as hell (=cool as f*ck)

Just need to drill the hinges out and replace em with lift off versions...

Rough pics to follow shortly... I can't wait!