Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='blablas' timestamp='1491093476' post='3270507'] Thanks. (I think ;) ) Too bad it has already changed quiet a bit since this picture was made (the chain order and removed and added some pedals), still waiting for a Chowny Fuzzster to complete the latest version, once it's in I'll post an updated picture. [/quote]

ive got the Fuzzster! very very nice fuzz!!

[quote name='bobbass4k' timestamp='1493296724' post='3287234']
Finally put something back together after having everything in bits for ages -

[/quote]

It's probably been asked before but... what is it all?

Edited by Bigwan

Here's my latest iteration. Be really interested in any feedback folks.
Signal chain is:
Ls2
Oc2
Subterranea
Fimpact
Syb5
Pitchfork
Beef bag (meatbox)
Freq box
Orbit gated fuzz
Frantabit
Lpf
Mf trem
Xerograph
Volume pedal
Then back to the ls2
Finally nova repeater which lives off the board
The reflex controls the pitchfork, syb5, freq box, mf trem and Xerograph (via the broadcast)

[attachment=244303:20170429_141926.jpg]

Very interested on thoughts re the chain..

Edited by andybassdoyle

[quote name='andybassdoyle' timestamp='1493459130' post='3288453']
Here's my latest iteration...
[/quote]

What's your verdict on the Moog vs Xero for expression controlled synthy sweeps? Had a Xero years ago, currently using a Manta but eyeing up the Moog!

Well that - is a very good question. I guess like all this stuff it's horses for roundabouts. I've had two filters for a while now for this reason, one for sweeps and one for lead/lines. Mainly because I've always found myself hunting for the sweet spot on the sweeps if I try and use the same filter for both. At the moment I'm favouring the Xero for the sweeps and the Moog for lines but I have had it the other way around.
The Moog without a doubt is phat and warm and sounds great with the right kind of signal driving it. The Xero is a lot 'wetter' to my ears and has a bit more of a synthy edge to it. I've also found the Xero a bit OTT on 4 pole which is where I prefer my line sounds.

New pedal demo day yesterday so many cool sounds in these three!

[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/andybassist/media/E7E23A0C-4A1A-43DC-9C97-C67DB64A73E6_zpskikutkts.png.html][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah176/andybassist/E7E23A0C-4A1A-43DC-9C97-C67DB64A73E6_zpskikutkts.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/andybassist/media/D685A247-13B6-4D73-941F-66EB13FEBB3C_zpsbnnuhzts.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah176/andybassist/D685A247-13B6-4D73-941F-66EB13FEBB3C_zpsbnnuhzts.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s1380.photobucket.com/user/andybassist/media/AAD0EC7D-0E47-4965-9439-B38DEA662090_zpse3etnpuz.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah176/andybassist/AAD0EC7D-0E47-4965-9439-B38DEA662090_zpse3etnpuz.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Two more new pedals. :blink:
And a side extension for the board.
Changed some board positions, not the chain order.

As far as adjustment and sound possibilities go the MXR envelope is running circles around the Mooer Bass Sweeper. The Mooer however can do something the MXR can't - add dirt to the sweep.

[quote name='FretNoMore' timestamp='1461854121' post='3038238']
Building a new big pedalboard, strictly for fun and experiments at home (too heavy for me to carry around, and with effects I wouldn't really use for blues and classic rock :) )

The board has a PT Pro footprint, and fully loaded it is stupidly heavy, but as I don't intend to carry it outside the house I can live with it.

Still missing cables which I have to solder over the coming days, something I don't look forward to. :)

[/quote]

That has to be the coolest board I've ever seen.

Blue

[quote name='haraszo' timestamp='1495726843' post='3306179']
I've been watching your boards guys for a while
finally mine is complete and I can share it with you!

[/quote]

That is mint, my compliments to the chef. Out of curiosity, is that for solo playing?

[quote name='scalpy' timestamp='1495733714' post='3306255']

That is mint, my compliments to the chef. Out of curiosity, is that for solo playing?
[/quote]
Thanks!
It's not for solo playing really.
Objective was to be able to create whatever wierd sound I want and switch between extremes instantly so it's usable when playing live (that taken care of by es8) :)

Mutation time.

Dumped the Boss SYB, could not get anything useful out of it (I had high expectations for this one). :sorry: Replaced it with a TC Electronic Alter Ego V2, very nice vintage style delays.
Replaced the Boss looper with a TC Electronic Ditto. I'm going to use this Boss looper stand alone now and not as a part of the board. This replacement was mainly due to the tiny dimensions of the Ditto, there is nothing wrong with the Boss but now everything fits better on the board.
Also added a TC Electronic SpectraComp, it sounds different from the Boss compressor.

Edited by blablas

[quote name='haraszo' timestamp='1495774549' post='3306440']

Thanks!
It's not for solo playing really.
Objective was to be able to create whatever wierd sound I want and switch between extremes instantly so it's usable when playing live (that taken care of by es8) :)
[/quote]

Excellent, weird would appear easily possible! Must be quite a band!

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually run out of pedal board, so I've got break out cables as a temporary measure and I am relying on a Polytune Clip, rather than a TU3. The kill switch option is handy to have though. Sound-wise, I'm very happy with the options this gives me at the moment. It's a band board and everything gets used. The comp goes direct to the Pork Loin, with the remaining pedals in two loops. I run the Chorus as an always on pedal, except when the Delay is in play (and that has a Mod option anyway). Very impressed with the Pork Loin. It adds just the right amount of grit without being in anyway fizzy - which can be a big issue when using a Stingray - and when played alongside a heavily distorted guitar, it really fattens the bass sound out. I can hear how an Octave pedal might work in my band situation, so I need to keep enough room on whatever board I get for one of those and ultimately I may consider a different compressor, but the BC1-X seems practically idiot proof.