Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='MartinB' timestamp='1489535970' post='3257812']
Powered by a Rockboard Power LT XL underneath.
[/quote]

How are you getting on with that? i had one but had to send it back, I needed isolated outputs and its battery life was way below what was stated (died in the middle of a gig first time I used it).

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1489568538' post='3257921']
How are you getting on with that? i had one but had to send it back, I needed isolated outputs and its battery life was way below what was stated (died in the middle of a gig first time I used it).
[/quote]
Well I thought it was fine, but now you have me worried! I haven't gigged with it, but I find it'll do a bunch of rehearsals without needing a recharge. The indicator is a bit suspect though - it'll spend hours showing 3-4 lights, but once it gets down to 2 lights it conks out soon after. It wouldn't surprise me if the life was less than stated, but it's enough for my needs at the moment.
I'll try adding my flanger to the chain and see if there's any clock noise.

[quote name='MartinB' timestamp='1489613393' post='3258442']
Well I thought it was fine, but now you have me worried! I haven't gigged with it, but I find it'll do a bunch of rehearsals without needing a recharge. The indicator is a bit suspect though - it'll spend hours showing 3-4 lights, but once it gets down to 2 lights it conks out soon after. It wouldn't surprise me if the life was less than stated, but it's enough for my needs at the moment.
[/quote]

I suspect it will be fine. I was trying to power quite a lot from it and I guess it wasn't up to a job that big.

Pretty settled in this

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/DEC808FC-1284-42B4-A222-7AA73048D26C_zpsmszomsql.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/DEC808FC-1284-42B4-A222-7AA73048D26C_zpsmszomsql.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Famous last words :lol:

[color=#1D2129]Swapped a couple of bits around on my main board. Swapped the tuner and Chorus around so I could have modulation after Octave. More significantly I swapped out my COG Knightfall for a COG custom gated Tarkin fuzz. Lovely stuff:[/color]

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/10ndijm.jpg[/IMG]

[color=#1D2129]Chain is: DIY bypass looper -> Boss TU-3W -> Mooer Tender Octaver -> COG custom Tarkin -> MXR BEF -> Boss OC-2 -> MXR Bass Chorus -> DIY Bypass looper.[/color]

[color=#1D2129]Powered by Diago with help from The Gigrig to isolate the digital Mooer[/color]

[color=#1D2129]Si[/color]

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1490097912' post='3262114']
Pretty settled in this

[URL=http://s420.photobucket.com/user/spongebob_sqaurepants/media/DEC808FC-1284-42B4-A222-7AA73048D26C_zpsmszomsql.jpg.html][IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp287/spongebob_sqaurepants/DEC808FC-1284-42B4-A222-7AA73048D26C_zpsmszomsql.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Famous last words :lol:
[/quote]

How's that Noble!?

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1490101056' post='3262144']
[color=#1D2129]Swapped a couple of bits around on my main board. Swapped the tuner and Chorus around so I could have modulation after Octave. More significantly I swapped out my COG Knightfall for a COG custom gated Tarkin fuzz. Lovely stuff:[/color]

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/10ndijm.jpg[/IMG]

[color=#1D2129]Chain is: DIY bypass looper -> Boss TU-3W -> Mooer Tender Octaver -> COG custom Tarkin -> MXR BEF -> Boss OC-2 -> MXR Bass Chorus -> DIY Bypass looper.[/color]

[color=#1D2129]Powered by Diago with help from The Gigrig to isolate the digital Mooer[/color]

[color=#1D2129]Si[/color]
[/quote]

Oh god!!

I love that fuzz!!! Is it similar to a mastatron/wooley Mammoth?

[quote name='nash' timestamp='1490121982' post='3262405']
How's that Noble!?
[/quote]

Good! Probably best summed up by a friend that said you notice it gone more than you notice it there!

I think there are other products out there that can do the same or similar but I sum it up as follows

Is it worth the cost to put a tube in my signal chain? Probably not.
Is it worth the cost as a DI? Probably not
Is it worth the cost as a power supply? Probably not

BUT

The sum of all these makes this a very desirable box IMO. I'm really warming (see what I did there?! :lol: ) to it as a functional piece of kit. Makes it very easy to power the pedals, has a great eq and volume I can control at my feet, gives a great DI signal of my sound and sends some colouration to the amp if required. I also put it through the effects return and it sounded great. I did take it off my board for this Saturdays gig as I'm using the Bugera which is all valve but then decided to put it back on for flexibility. You can never have too many tubes :D

Now we could just say I'm justifying a 1k investment but the more I use this box the more I'm liking it. My sound, consistently.

I've gone through a lot of Preamps and was struggling to gel with this one but I think I finally get it. Is it worth it? That's like the Mac vs PC debate!

Check out the Noble thread in Amps and Cabs for my other thoughts.

[quote name='lee650' timestamp='1490137447' post='3262632']
Oh god!!

I love that fuzz!!! Is it similar to a mastatron/wooley Mammoth?
[/quote]

Not quite, the Tarkin is Muff based whereas the Mastotron/Mammoth are not, so a gate is probably going to effect them differently......plus I'm guessing the type of gate used has an effect to, I'm not sure what design Tom uses, if not his own.
It's pretty chilled out, so just cleans it up nicely if you want, it's not a hard gate like, say, the Rainger Dwarf Bass I did a video for recently. That's a mega hard gate and can sound quite synthy as a result, which is great, but not what I need on this board.

Si

From Saturday night's gig, this is the small version, deployed in a Diago case rather than the Pedaltrain board:

I found myself quickly wanting after the "from below" power cable access of the Pedaltrain. Signal flow is
TC Electronic PolyTune, Ernie Ball 105Q wah, Analogman Bi-Comp, Darkglass Harmonic Booster, MXR Bass Octave Deluxe, Mooer Bass Sweeper, Crowther Prunes & Custard, MXR Bass Chorus Deluxe, MXR Phase 99, Ernie Ball volume pedal.

Also, nice carpet.

Pretty modest compared to a lot of the boards posted here but I'm now pretty settled on this as my board after popping the Bass Soul Food on there this week..

It's mostly used at church now, DI and amp free. So the VTDI is acting as an always on amp and speaker sim while the Bass Soul Food is just for adding a bit of hair to the sound and to smooth out/fatten the sound of the wah. The term and chorus is just to add a bit of texture now and again. All quite simple stuff.

Tuner > OD > Wah > Tremolo > Chorus > Sansamp

Edited by TrevorR

I've had a reshuffle this morning. Removed the PS-6, thunderball and Ditto (all in the sale section now) and swapped in my super fuzz boy and the gap in the middle is saved for a catalinbread Heliotrope.

[URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/jimryan88/media/DSC_0635_zpsrch5q6ys.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii527/jimryan88/DSC_0635_zpsrch5q6ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1489865490' post='3260462']
Picked up a SSBS TAFM this week, so giving it a run on the band board to see how it stacks up against the TFR...

[/quote]

well, the TAFM is going to stay on the board for a while... love my TFR, but the TAFM is great! So much clarity :)

[quote name='blablas' timestamp='1484663305' post='3217268']
Added a new pedal board to my pedals. ;)

The DIY trays I made were not really up to the job anymore after I bought a Two Notes Le Bass, this thing is big.
I still need to clean up the wiring but that's a low priority at the moment.
[/quote]

I find this board extremely aesthetically pleasing.

Thanks. (I think ;) )

Too bad it has already changed quiet a bit since this picture was made (the chain order and removed and added some pedals), still waiting for a Chowny Fuzzster to complete the latest version, once it's in I'll post an updated picture.

I just settled on this layout for my small board. You can definitely squeeze a lot onto a Metro 20! The Source Audio EQ gives me a 4 different EQ/boost settings, all MIDI switchable with the One Control Gecko. This EQ works a treat with the two dirt pedals for lots of variation. It's pretty effective with clean bass, filter & octaver too.
The rear row are mounted on 4 Diago risers that just happen to fit perfectly across the back bar of the Metro. The spaces under the risers are handy for tucking cables and power jacks out of the way too.
Power is supplied by a 1-Spot, and there are no noise or hiss issues.

Signal path:
G30
Tuner
DOD Octaver
SA EQ (patch switching by The Gecko)
COG Rogue Leader parallel loop switcher
- Ch1 - TC MojoMojo > RunOffGroove Ginger
- Ch2 - 3Leaf Proton
TC Corona Chorus (mainly used for flanging)

Edited by ratman

Latest incarnation. It'll do for now but the Vibratrem will be going when I get round to building the tremolo kit I got from Musikding.

[URL=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/JohnnyWishbone035/media/Mobile%20Uploads/03B6972B-3149-4EC7-8B2A-1329EB747059.jpg.html][IMG]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e39/JohnnyWishbone035/Mobile%20Uploads/03B6972B-3149-4EC7-8B2A-1329EB747059.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by Johnny Wishbone

• 2 weeks later...

Previous version:

New version of the pedal board - some changes in the order, one pedal gone and a few new ones.

Gone is the American Sound, it became sort of obsolete due to the LeBass.
New: Simple volume pedal, Fuzzster, Viscous Vibe and Loopstation.
Added the Beatbuddy to the chain, already had this one for a longer time but it was attached to different amp.

Edited by blablas