Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

After being a die hard rack effect user, I've given into temptation. During the Big Move, I took the Zoom B3 thinking it would be just enough to tide me over. Then I jumped in line for Future Impact pedal and it set a dangerous precedent.

[attachment=225415:gear 2.jpg]

THEN realised I needed more than three slots for the basics in the Zoom so added a 3 band parametric and my name's on the list for an FEA Labs Dual Band compressor in about 6-9 months. So now I have pedals for my 'permanently-on' sounds and the Zoom does duty on delays of various kinds.

Don't get me started on the guitar signal chain either...it was worse. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but I wish I'd risked import duty and brought the MPXG2 over with me.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' timestamp='1471115719' post='3110673']
My gigging Board:

[URL=http://s945.photobucket.com/user/nwmurphy/media/image_72.jpeg.html][IMG]http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/nwmurphy/image_72.jpeg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

How are you liking the Keeley Bassist mate? I really like mine as a compressor, it's the most neutral compressor pedal I've tried. Not yet sure if I like that or not...

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1471121936' post='3110718']

How are you liking the Keeley Bassist mate? I really like mine as a compressor, it's the most neutral compressor pedal I've tried. Not yet sure if I like that or not...
[/quote]

I love it mate. Very easy to use, pretty subtle and doesn't suck any tone out. I had an MXR M87 before and struggled setting it. This one is easy!

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1471464315' post='3113293']
Talk about it then!
[/quote]
[quote name='azfatboy' timestamp='1471464596' post='3113298']
What he said!!!
[/quote]

ok then! well its bloody great! and the loop is great, you can choose weither the loop is active all the time even in bypass or if you only have the stuff in the loop when the pedal is on! and the T65 is a great octave and 2 in one box is wicked, you can crank the octave up on one and only a bit of down then add more down for the second channel, and the sub! pure octave down with that fantastic filter!

andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1471466056' post='3113311']
ok then! well its bloody great! and the loop is great, you can choose weither the loop is active all the time even in bypass or if you only have the stuff in the loop when the pedal is on! and the T65 is a great octave and 2 in one box is wicked, you can crank the octave up on one and only a bit of down then add more down for the second channel, and the sub! pure octave down with that fantastic filter!
[/quote]

...and... breathe! :)

Now... can you actually tell us what it does, and how? What sort of filter... where's the loop in the chain, why are there two 'FILTER' knobs on the top row etc etc.

[quote name='ColinB' timestamp='1471505524' post='3113449']

...and... breathe! :)

Now... can you actually tell us what it does, and how? What sort of filter... where's the loop in the chain, why are there two 'FILTER' knobs on the top row etc etc.
[/quote]

Haha sorry

It's two of cogs t65 octaves the white and black controls, a/b switches between those the red is the separate sub channel which overrides the t65's when turned on

The loop is parallel to the octaves, except it doesn't go into the sub.

Andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1471461739' post='3113259']
So my pedal that had a box over it on my board pic when i posted......i can talk about it now
[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/Untitled.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/Untitled.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[/quote]

The 3 leaf Octavbre killer!!(tongue in cheek 😆)very cool indeed! I bet it's pricey though (worth every penny im sure)

To Colin B re filters
From reading Toms website; it's two T65's (each with its own low pass filter for the down octave,to go from synthy to smooth) the third sub channel seems to be just the octave down (no clean or up) to emulate the classic OC2 but with the added bonus of a seperate filter for the sub octave. Brilliant!!!!!
Imagine one set for a smooth clean octave down a la EBS, then switch to a toothy gritty mutron tone with a dirty octave up,then stomp on a dubby OC2 style tone!!!

I need one of these 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 love it!!

Edited by lee650

I own a T16 but prefer the tone of the Ovtabvre from clips I've heard, it's more OC-2 like. I'd be happy with an OC-2 if it had more volume on tap for the solo octave tone! I have an Octabvre Mini inbound, let battle commence!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='Johnny Wishbone' timestamp='1472154089' post='3118998']
Been the same for a while now. Nothing too exotic I guess. The two Boss octaves are soon to be replaced by a COG T47.
[/quote]

I'd hang onto that OC-2 if I were you until you have a chance to A/B them! The COG has awesome tracking and a very smooth sub octave that sounds wicked blended, but it can't quite cop that hollow sounding solo octave sound like the Octabvre can.