Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

[quote name='joegarcia' post='2448' date='May 19 2007, 09:07 PM']

This is my present board. Changes pretty often though. Love it to bits. Can get really really filthy and can make some very weird noises too.[/quote]

Haha I remember that board..You're the bassist for Rose Kemp aren't you!?

here's mine, still very much work in progress, I'll probably get rid of the FT-2 when I get to grips with the G5, and I fancy building a tube OD/distortion to replace the MXR bassDI. I'll have to finish this first. The row of jack sockets is for eight true bypass loops, which will be controlled by eight footswitches on the bottom row. I'll be able to switch different groups of pedals on and off with one footswitch,... eventually!

[quote name='joegarcia' post='4585' date='May 22 2007, 07:38 PM']Yup thats me, you seen us play somewhere?[/quote]

Yeah i saw you when you came to hereford..I was one of the dicks drooling over your board haha.

What are those unmarked pedals? I seem to remember you got a lush distorted synthy sound out of that board..

[quote name='BigNothing' post='4644' date='May 22 2007, 09:02 PM']Yeah i saw you when you came to hereford..I was one of the dicks drooling over your board haha.

What are those unmarked pedals? I seem to remember you got a lush distorted synthy sound out of that board..[/quote]

Hehe yea I remember. I had drunk loads of whiskey that night so it's all a bity hazy.
For the heavy tones that could be described as synthy I use the Marshall Guvnor, EQ, PS-5 set an octave down and the Alesis Bitrman. The silver box centre front is a double fx loop (left channel distortion, octave, eq etc and the right channel modulation and stuff) and the one to the left is another loop with a volume for the Bitrman as it isn't designed to be used as a pedal.

[quote name='Toasted' post='4296' date='May 22 2007, 01:20 PM']Looks great, Bob. What OD are you waiting for?

J.[/quote]

Thanks Joe! I'm waiting for a ToneFreak Abunai2. It's a guitar overdrive based on the TS808 circuit but with more gain and a wider frequency response. Been after a decent 808 style pedal for a while so I'm gonna give this one a bash to see how it holds out :huh: Just waiting for ToneFreak to finish up the next batch and for ToneFactor to get them in stock... and then international shipping ARGH!!!!

... probably about a month's wait :)

[quote name='BigBassBob' post='4695' date='May 22 2007, 10:26 PM']Thanks Joe! I'm waiting for a ToneFreak Abunai2. It's a guitar overdrive based on the TS808 circuit but with more gain and a wider frequency response. Been after a decent 808 style pedal for a while so I'm gonna give this one a bash to see how it holds out :huh: Just waiting for ToneFreak to finish up the next batch and for ToneFactor to get them in stock... and then international shipping ARGH!!!!

... probably about a month's wait :)[/quote]

My tonefactor stuff has been coming in around 8 working days recently. Hopefully not as long as you're thinking!

Let me know how the Abunai sounds :huh:

Will do mate :)

I'll record clips of all my pedals when the board's done :huh:

I tried this idea before at a gig and it was amazing, but I ran my voodoobass with low gain and high output into a Boss Bluesdriver with lowgain and medium output into an already clipping valve preamp. That setup seemed to click perfectly, I can honestly say it was the best bass overdrive I've ever used, but I found the bluesdriver a bit fizzy so I've been after something more 808 based with more gain and bass :huh:

I'll post clips of THAT sound if I can achieve it with the Abunai ^_^

better pic

singal path

Torque 30 Clean low gain
^
Musicman > SB1 > UB1 > FUZZ PROBE > 506ii > WHIZZER BIGM MUFF > MT-2 > CS100 > PS-3 > Torque 30 Effects High Gain Edited by BassManKev

the muff has 2 extra tone toggle controls, which makes it range from an overdrive to a fuzz, has a super bright blue led, and a 9v power supply.

the pitch shift delay has an awesome arepgiattor (spellllling) effect, delay equal to a dd-5's delay, detune and chorus effects.
pitch shifting on it isnt the best feature it has, not that accurate and digital sounding, but i do like it, but i use the sb1 and ub1 from octave down/up effects respectivly. i may buy an expression pedal for the ps-3, turn it into a more versatile whammy type pedal

Edited by BassManKev

This is the Evolution of my pedal board really.

First time pedals got loaded on to a board:

Pretty basic setup.
Signal chain was:
Bass> Fab Chorus> Fab Flange> Blazer Custom Distortion> PH-2 Super phaser > Volume Pedal >amp

Then it transformed into this:

Signal was:
Bass > Behringer OD 1 > Behringer OD2 > Boss OC-2 > Boss PH-3 (with external tap tempo)> Fab Flange> Fab Chorus > Morley Power Wah > Volume Pedal

But now it is this gargantuan thing:

Signal is:
Bass > Stereo chorus > out one> Behringer Od setup of Ampeg ish sound > Channel B of ABY.
Out 2 > OC-2 > Roberts metal pedal > Behringer OD > Volume pedal > Delay > Tremolo > PH-2 > PH-3 > Morley dual bass wah > channel A of ABY > amp.

Really flexible.
With the ABY on "y" it allows me to blend in the dirty sound to the clean.
Volume before the delay for swells etc.

And still space for another pedal...

Edited by Matty

[quote name='BassManKev' post='5172' date='May 23 2007, 04:05 PM']the muff has 2 extra tone toggle controls, which makes it range from an overdrive to a fuzz, has a super bright blue led, and a 9v power supply.

the pitch shift delay has an awesome arepgiattor (spellllling) effect, delay equal to a dd-5's delay, detune and chorus effects.
pitch shifting on it isnt the best feature it has, not that accurate and digital sounding, but i do like it, but i use the sb1 and ub1 from octave down/up effects respectivly. i may buy an expression pedal for the ps-3, turn it into a more versatile whammy type pedal[/quote]

The PS-3 sounds cool. do you have any samples of the arpeggiator? Is it any good?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='5172' date='May 23 2007, 04:05 PM']the muff has 2 extra tone toggle controls, which makes it range from an overdrive to a fuzz, has a super bright blue led, and a 9v power supply.[/quote]

got any info on the muff mods?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='5102' date='May 23 2007, 01:55 PM']

better pic

singal path

Torque 30 Clean low gain
^
Musicman > SB1 > UB1 > FUZZ PROBE > 506ii > WHIZZER BIGM MUFF > MT-2 > CS100 > PS-3 > Torque 30 Effects High Gain[/quote]

woo woo, gain central.

Talk me through all your different uses of the gain pedals.

i bought the muff from some guy in america, company called whizzer mods, cost $115

sorry dont have any samples, i think the arpegiattor sounds cool, but i dont know what it should sound like to say how good it is :)

[quote name='Ant' post='5188' date='May 23 2007, 04:43 PM']woo woo, gain central.

Talk me through all your different uses of the gain pedals.[/quote]
gain pedals? the torque is the name of my amp, i use the low gain channel for clean bass, and the hgh gain channel for my effects.

if you mean my distortion pedals, i use the fuzz probe for obvious really high compressed fuzz sound (think time is running out by muse), the whizzer muff for overdrive and distortion, its the distortion i use in most of my youtube videos [url="http://www.youtube.com/bassmankev"]HERE[/url] (i may well be selling it when my DHA arrives), i use the zoom pedal for a really mild overdrive tone, usin the distortion module 'drive'. i use the metal zone as i really harsh metallic distortion, and i also use it to give my fuzz probe massive low end, which if you go on my youtube vids you here in my covers of time is running out and hysteria

[quote name='BigBassBob' post='5199' date='May 23 2007, 05:08 PM']Liking the board Bassmankev!

Gotta ask, how do you find the Fuzz Probe on bass?[/quote]

the fuzz probe is pretty awesome with bass, however it is greatly improved when used with a metal zone, the metzl zone give it massssssssssssssive low end, and it really sounds awesome

[quote name='Ant' post='5376' date='May 23 2007, 10:31 PM']the robotalk has a nice step filter type thing if you're after those random arpeggiator type sounds.

also the zoom506ii has a decent enough one.[/quote]
i have the zoom 506II, and it has a far from decent one :)