Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

My new downsized travel pedal board:

20220203_110832.thumb.jpg.a0cdfe2159d60ecf465842c4813027a6.jpg20220203_110846.thumb.jpg.9df75810e28ee7cb5b011d60da1a0ce9.jpg

They're velcro'd on and it packs into its  protective box (which I think was about £5 worth from Homebase). 

The power supply and all that power cable mess is probably overkill, I might just use daisy chain power which woud make room for a few Pedals that have been evicted (fuzz, Overdrive, filter). Or pedals can sit on top of it. 

I've got a Fishman Platinum Pro incoming so that'll do EQ and DI and replace the tuner and perhaps the compressor. It works on battery power so it will probably be the only thing I take with me to some practice sessions when I want to travel very light. 

• Like 4

As things evolve... I joined a new band at the end of last year and that needs me to use more effects, plus the guitarists give me more space... So, my board has evolved. I went from separates to a big multi to a Helix... Now to a Helix plus other pedals. So here it is before linking everything up... 

IMG20220203111824.jpg

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

20220203_110832.thumb.jpg.a0cdfe2159d60ecf465842c4813027a6.jpg20220203_110846.thumb.jpg.9df75810e28ee7cb5b011d60da1a0ce9.jpg

They're velcro'd on and it packs into its  protective box (which I think was about £5 worth from Homebase). 

The power supply and all that power cable mess is probably overkill, I might just use daisy chain power which woud make room for a few Pedals that have been evicted (fuzz, Overdrive, filter). Or pedals can sit on top of it. 

I've got a Fishman Platinum Pro incoming so that'll do EQ and DI and replace the tuner and perhaps the compressor. It works on battery power so it will probably be the only thing I take with me to some practice sessions when I want to travel very light. 

Brilliant!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SumOne said:

That looks really useful!

• Like 1

On 18/01/2022 at 22:33, lee650 said:

Had a rehearsal last week, so hastily hard to rebuild the "Big board" got a few new additions, so thought I'd get it on the Thread 😁

EBS Microbass 2 - A/B box/ Preamp/DI/ Overdrive/ headphone amp and Effects loop. Very very useful bit of kit and great quality sound. In the loop I have all of the effects, so I can use them through the Headphones.

FEA Labs Optifet Compressor- Beautiful Warm and versatile comp

BOSS LS2 - splits the signal after the comp, so all effects have compression beforehand. Has two seperate lines of FX thst I can switch between or run in parallel

Loop A - general effects.

Emma - Okto Nojs - Octaver and synthy Dynamic Fuzz in one pedal, can be used individualy or combined for Dirty Madness

Cog Custom Grand Tarkin "Trooper fuzz" - based on the "Green Russian" but with a Filtered clean blend (only clean lows, mids and highs are fuzzed) and a handy mid control. It had me at the Stormtrooper Etching 😂

MXR - Bass Envelope Filter- my 4th! playing with it today, reminded me of what a perfect little thing it is.

EBS Unichorus - Chorus/Flanger and pitch mod. Gorgeous Analog tones in a bombproof box

EBS Dphaser - As above but a funky, swirly,fat and very cool Digital Phaser. I love this thing

Donner Deluxe Mini tuner- kept losing the Headstock thing and got fed up of asking the the Keyboard player to give me an E 😂

Loop B - Synth Channel

3 Leaf Audio GR2 Envelope filter- very fat and resonant filter with a handy Effects loop, so anything in it, doesn't hit the input Detection stage, making for very dynamic synth sounds. This is set for a funky Downsweep, in the loop we have the following

Iron Ether Subterranea - Octave/Synth- is a fantastic lofi sounding octaver, with two synth voices and 3 waveforms for each. Very dirty and Analog Synth sounding! I love it 

Iron Ether Frantabit - Bit Crush and Sample rate reducer- very funky/noisy/mental pedal that's actually really really musical and sounds fantastic. One of my favourite pedals 😂

I also have a Copilot Orbit (Modulated fuzz/VCO) and a Malekko mini filter, but no room. Currently deciding what to do with them.

20220118_185558.jpg

So finally got time to reshuffle and with a bit of Jiggery pockery, managed to fit another pedal on the board.

So in the synth loop, after the Frantabit I have put a

Copilot Orbit - Frequency Modulated Fuzz- An outrageously cool pedal which has 2 sections and a blend to move between them. On the left is a Gated fuzz, in the vein of a Mastatron/Wooly Mammoth. The right hand side has a VCO/ Ring Modulator, which just makes these mad, synthy laser gun sounds, which can also be controlled with an Expression pedal (must get one, no two). This version appears to have been modded with a clean blend, although I don't use it as not needed.

20220203_174837.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, lee650 said:

So finally got time to reshuffle and wirh a bit of Jiggery pockery, managed to fit another pedal on the board.

Copilot Orbit - Frequency Modulated Fuzz- An outrageously cool pedal which has 2 sections and a blend to move between them. On the left is a very cool Gated fuzz, in the vein of a Mastatron/Wooly Mammoth. The right hand side has a VCO/ Ring Modulator, which just makes these mad, synthy laser gun sounds, which can be controlled with an Expression pedal (must got one, no two). This version appears to have been modded with a clean blend, although I don't use it as not needed.

20220203_174837.jpg

The MicroBass 3 is rather good and has an integral tuner. 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lee650 said:

So finally got time to reshuffle and with a bit of Jiggery pockery, managed to fit another pedal on the board.

Copilot Orbit - Frequency Modulated Fuzz- An outrageously cool pedal which has 2 sections and a blend to move between them. On the left is a Gated fuzz, in the vein of a Mastatron/Wooly Mammoth. The right hand side has a VCO/ Ring Modulator, which just makes these mad, synthy laser gun sounds, which can also be controlled with an Expression pedal (must get one, no two). This version appears to have been modded with a clean blend, although I don't use it as not needed.

20220203_174837.jpg

That's a great looking board Lee and, knowing you, I suspect it will be sounding equally awesome mate!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NicoMcJ said:

To replace the Helix:

E5FB94D3-D752-461A-BB72-21CF9B0E8D56.jpeg

Do you like the Nux Tape Core? I've twice owned Boss RE-20 Space Echo's and moved them on when getting multi-FX but it's an effect I enjoy using (even if it's not that appropriate for Bass!) so I've had my eye on the Nux which is a more pedalboard friendly size and about 25% of the price. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SumOne said:

Do you like the Nux Tape Core? I've twice owned Boss RE-20 Space Echo's and moved them on when getting multi-FX but it's an effect I enjoy using (even if it's not that appropriate for Bass!) so I've had my eye on the Nux which is a more pedalboard friendly size and about 25% of the price. 

It’s absolutely incredible. For £55 at Thomann it’s a no-brainer!  Highly recommend it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

New pedal board.

Well it's arrived

20220204_153236.thumb.jpg.3cc32ae0e8f7de8a3cef5ff406908c5d.jpg

Sounds very grown up hopefully it will replace my Tech21 VT Bass Deluxe>> TC Sub'N 'Up>>> TC Spectracomp>>  Thumpinator. 

Would love to hear some of your feedback on this! Look great and could be my perfect setup . . . 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JohnDaBass said:

New pedal board.

Well it's arrived

20220204_153236.thumb.jpg.3cc32ae0e8f7de8a3cef5ff406908c5d.jpg

Sounds very grown up hopefully it will replace my Tech21 VT Bass Deluxe>> TC Sub'N 'Up>>> TC Spectracomp>>  Thumpinator. 

Quite like the form factor of this new Zoom. 

• Like 2

… so I’m going to consolidate my many boards into a ‘Home only’ board for looping stuff etc and a ‘live board’ each for church and then Funk/Motown stuff. Just picked up a used Pedaltrain JR Max for a great price also 👍🏼

My current crop:

2FC143CA-852A-4CD5-86E1-D44AA9C671AB.thumb.jpeg.979e468cd9ec3c77e18230c5bf31b069.jpeg

… the new board:

18F279FA-0F57-4014-B583-2B40211C3CED.thumb.jpeg.dc9b7767cacc0561f9455e5dd8eb36e0.jpeg

… and what it’ll hopefully look like with one more pedal purchase (Fredric Effects BugCrusher at some point):

D7AF8A4B-CE5C-4496-ABB1-808A745B8E43.jpeg.3679865a0057c8ff7705fab37e99a43a.jpeg

• Like 5