Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

… had a rehearsal last night for the Funk/Motown/Soul band and it’s amazing how many of my pedals I DIDN’T need lol!! Least they’re there if I ever do (and I took one of my smaller boards, oh well 😁). 

I’m liking the thought of smaller setups at the mo tbh 👍🏼

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

… had a rehearsal last night for the Funk/Motown/Soul band and it’s amazing how many of my pedals I DIDN’T need lol!! Least they’re there if I ever do (and I took one of my smaller boards, oh well 😁). 

I’m liking the thought of smaller setups at the mo tbh 👍🏼

It may be worth trying a slimmed down board. Even pedals with a claimed true bypass can effect your signal. 

• Like 1

Another rebuild. Running order still the same apart from the TU3 added so can use wireless or lead a lot easier. 

IN/OUT/OUT locking jacks mounted to the back. 
Matching purple boots on the jack plugs ........ 

New (don’t know what to call them, plastic bits underneath for the cable ties). They were previously bits of random mismatched wood covered in black tape, worked fine the last ?? many years but now custom cut matching plastic bits of thingy 

AF661C93-8582-4876-A984-F2076792CE5F.jpeg

42F1F0F0-CD27-4EA9-B62D-CE5F1B674008.jpeg

388CD6C4-D61A-4338-BE40-794196109DA5.jpeg

47974A5C-06A9-4338-8A50-AF481624123A.jpeg

Edited by danny-79
  • Like 10

9 hours ago, danny-79 said:

Another rebuild. Running order still the same apart from the TU3 added so can use wireless or lead a lot easier. 

IN/OUT/OUT locking jacks mounted to the back. 
Matching purple boots on the jack plugs ........ 

New (don’t know what to call them, plastic bits underneath for the cable ties). They were previously bits of random mismatched wood covered in black tape, worked fine the last ?? many years but now custom cut matching plastic bits of thingy 

AF661C93-8582-4876-A984-F2076792CE5F.jpeg

42F1F0F0-CD27-4EA9-B62D-CE5F1B674008.jpeg

388CD6C4-D61A-4338-BE40-794196109DA5.jpeg

47974A5C-06A9-4338-8A50-AF481624123A.jpeg

Lovely board! That wiring brings me tears of joy 😂

Mine will never be that perfect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, lee650 said:

Lovely board! That wiring brings me tears of joy 😂

Mine will never be that perfect.

Few little tweaks to the bottom today tidying it up, black cable ties in the power leads and removed factory sticker off the 4x4 , re made the labels and stuck them on straight this time (it’s a pedalboards forum/thread so can talk openly lol 😂 lol 😂

1D92F345-2918-4F3F-9438-7E2DD13CFE45.jpeg

• Like 4

On 30/04/2021 at 21:40, MattiZ said:

Quite happy with my Metro 16 at the moment. But I need a flanger and a chorus, and one more fuzz (maybe two more). And a Metro 20. 

609ECBFD-E732-4754-9D19-18C48C742449.jpeg

A few months later, after trying a couple of flangers (BF-2, HF-2), some choruses (Bass Clone, Ibanez Mini Chorus, Walrus Julia) and an Ibanez 850 Mini Fuzz. Also, another HPF and of course, the Metro 20. The cabling still needs some attention. 

Next, I need a bigger power supply.

739C40EF-4CF3-4960-A7C2-10F15F9C90C9.jpeg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, danny-79 said:

Few little tweaks to the bottom today tidying it up, black cable ties in the power leads and removed factory sticker off the 4x4 , re made the labels and stuck them on straight this time (it’s a pedalboards forum/thread so can talk openly lol 😂 lol 😂

… why aren’t the gaps between the labels uniform, you’re slipping your standards 😝.

Lovely job 😁

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, danny-79 said:

You are clearly insane.

Fantastic work sir. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, revd said:

Mine's less a pedal board and more a collection of pedals that sits atop my amp until I buy a board.  They'll all fit on a Metro 16, will get one soon.

IMG-1011.thumb.jpg.2c5159ad761dd9eca4a19d18f6e314b5.jpg

Ooh some nice pedals there! Get em boarded 😍

Had another reshuffle as I had to unlock some equity for a new fretless. So the latest version is thus!! 😁

EBS Microbass 2 - this is the third one of these I've had, and I'd forgotten how brilliant they are. Works as an A/B box for 2 basses, or two channels for one,  and an OD, DI, headphone amp it also has a loop with a control for parallel to series operation.

I've put all my effects into the loop, so I can use them with the headphone amp and set  the dial to 100% effect as I don't need any clean blended in.

first in the loop

-  FEA Optifet- I've always loved the warm sheen given by some of the great opto comps I've had (Diamond/3 leaf Pwnzor/Effectrode/nemphasis) and I like my compressor to be a tone enhancer,rather than a plaster for bad technique. So always wanted to try this! Fantastic quality and a warm tone to die for especially with a P, I've got It set to the first warm setting. It has loads of control and the EQ in the side chain gives me a second threshold  response,which is great for going between clean or effected sounds.

This then goes into the main input of a Boss LS2, This then goes back to the EBS, this is my main clean sound, I can switch  effects in/out using the Ls2

Ls2 Loop A - Analog Channel 

Emma Okto Nojs -Octave/fuzz

Great synthy machine, one side a decent tracking octave with a filter to go from deep dubby tones to raw and gritty. Reminds me of my old COG T16. The other side a dynamic synthy octave up fuzz, which also has a square wave tone an Octave below and a tonal filter for that too. Very nasty tones I love it, the two effects are independent and can act like an Analog synth on its own.

EBS Unichorus- An old favourite of mine,and i always seem to go back to it. Its a stronger less subtle sound than tbe MXR, but can be mixed with your clean via a trimpot. The Flanger setting, isn't the deepest or whooshiest (technical term) but gives a very nice variation on the chorus (Very Anthony Jackson like) it has a pitch mod setting but I find that too warbly to be of use.

EBS Dphaser - fabulously funky multi stage phaser, with lots of control and sounds very deep and cool

Ls2 Loop B - Synth Channel

Iron Ether Subterranea - A very cool Analog octave with a filter for tonal variety as well as two synth voices one in unison to what you play and another an Octave below. Each voice has a three way switch with square/pulse/triangle waves. I turn the clean off and set the filter to sound similar to the OC2 it's a fairly dirty/Lofi kind of tone,and I like it mixed with the Xerograph patch on my C4.

Source Audio C4 synth- this has so many sounds and I'm finding it's able to replace more and more of my board. Loads of octaves/filters/phasers/bit crushers/fuzzes and synths. I have the Disaster Area Micro DMC so I can access 128 sounds from the C4. So versatile.

These to channels can be mixed via the LS2 (the most useful pedal in existance)

Thanks for sitting through yet another of my board carousels. Hoping this one will stick 😂 pic was my hastily put together version,the bottom is a mess😚

20210817_182953.jpg

Edited by lee650
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, danny-79 said:

@lee650 how are you getting on with the EBS phaser ? 

Didn’t know that pedal existed. 

Whats it like with volume spikes or drops as is the case with my Phase90 (mine drops the volume) 

I love It Danny! Such a lot of sounds in a small bombproof box. It has a few internal controls (which id happily have a bigger enclosure, so i could access them).

1 - toggles between sine wave and triangle wave (the LFO on sine is very smooth and great on its own, the triangle is edgy and jagged which is great for gnarly synth)

2 - switch to apply to the full range or only to the higher frequencies, leaving the bottom full (how I have it)

3 -either 4 or 6 stage on slow setting

4 - 8 or 10 stage on the long setting

The wide setting is fixed at 15 stages, sounds very spacey and flange like.

You also have a preset resonance switch (I'd prefer a knob,but it works well)

I have the slow setting at 4 stage and switching between no resonance and low approximates a phase 90 block/script. The others can get very  synthy and psychadelic. There isn't a volume drop that I can detect,it is digital so doesn't sound as warm/grungy as a phase 90/ small stone but still sounds nice and deep.

I use this a lot after fuzz and sounds huge!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stewblack said:

@lee650  love the board , I suspect we share taste on a lot of bass sounds.

Please feel free to share some of the C4 stuff you've found!

Cheers Stew

Yeah we do mate, I'm ashamed to say I'm a duffer with programming the c4 and rely on nicking the efforts of better men😂

I've only filled up 60 or so slots and still have more sounds than ill ever need. Theres a wonder bass player called Mark Neary (whom I depped for in a band in Newcastle) has created some great patches Ain't nobody/toxic and has all the synth tones from Kavinskys "Night call" which is mega cool. Quatschmacher's patches are excellent too. I have downloaded a meatbox sub patch which I've yet to use to destroy a venue.

My favourite patch I found was called "let's Dance" Bowie?? It's a filtered fuzz which was near enough to my prunes and custard for me to let it go.

I really need to sort out the sounds though as I'm still finding tweaking them to taste for different basses a pain.

• Like 1

My pedal shelf after I’ve redecorated the office. Not shown, FI and C4 which are mounted next to my VB99 at my desk

No prizes for guessing my current fave pedal 😆

Oh and check out the mini Sovtek style knobs on my Muff

ED2E28A2-7C94-496C-AF80-2A6E944E2D4D.jpeg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ped said:

My pedal shelf after I’ve redecorated the office. Not shown, FI and C4 which are mounted next to my VB99 at my desk

No prizes for guessing my current fave pedal 😆

Oh and check out the mini Sovtek style knobs on my Muff

ED2E28A2-7C94-496C-AF80-2A6E944E2D4D.jpeg

Whats the back right one?

@pedvast improvement from your half-arsed first attempt below (the Stormy is no longer upside down and the Funk-u-lator is now nicely the right way up). You should defo get at least a B- now?

The topic is of course post your "pedal board" so you have to lose a few marks for ignoring the title...😁

IMG_8171.jpeg

• Haha 3