Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

I just finished making my case/board last night. I'm sick of making it, but I glad I made it.

L-R (reverse of signal chain): Hartke VXL, Boss ME-50B, Korg DT-10.

Two Uniross PSUs, one 2-gang power socket and a couple of cables.

Mark

[quote name='BassBalls' post='2811' date='May 20 2007, 12:42 PM']dudewheresmybass how is the blow torch? Also, i had a go at a syb 5 yeasterday and is was not what i expected, i thought it would be better. The man in the shop then revealed to me that the expression pedal makes all the difference so naturally i asked him 'do you have one for me to use?' He said no. What a fool! lol[/quote]

Hi Rob, the board is looking pretty cool.

i have to say that i love my blowtorch. once you find the sound you're after (which TBH didn't take me very long!) you'll love it. with the addition of the torch button on the side, you effectively have a two setting pedal, which increases it's versatility. Sits fantastically well in a band mix as well!

You must try the syb 5 with the expression pedal. it transforms the pedal totally. I have mine set up as for the "deeper underground" sound (once you add the octoplus to it)

[quote name='MattyB90' post='2926' date='May 20 2007, 03:59 PM']Haha wow, never had the need for more than a footswitch for my amp. Nice and clean with the tinyest bit of reverb is the tone I use 99/9% of the time so can't imagine ever needing that many pedals. Do you lot use them ALL often or just a select few?[/quote]

the pedals i find that are on all of the time are the Meatbox, and Hartke VXL. the others are used to provide soundscape type effects, and are like spices that are added to the mix to create ebb and flow.

one of my main gigs is a straight DI job with IEM, and the meatbox and VXL effectively become my backline so-to-speak!

Essentially, if it doesn't have a use - it doesn't go on the board

Edited by dudewheresmybass

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='4375' date='May 22 2007, 02:27 PM']

I just need to sort out a Muse/Hysteria sound, has anyone tried the EHX Nano Metal Muff or the Tonefactor Huckleberry? I think Steve (TaySte_2000) has one? It looks like we all like the Korg DT10![/quote]

With the hellbaby running into it, i think the prunes and custard can get a hysteria ish tone.

[quote name='Ant' post='4382' date='May 22 2007, 02:34 PM']With the hellbaby running into it, i think the prunes and custard can get a hysteria ish tone.[/quote]

Yup! That's right. I made a soundclip of Hysteria doing just that:
[url="http://media.putfile.com/Hysteria---Tone-Factor-Hellbaby-into-Prunes-and-Custard-"]Hysteria[/url]

The stop in the middle is where I change the Boost knob on the Hellbaby...I can't remember if I turn it down or up though, I think I turn it down.

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='4375' date='May 22 2007, 02:27 PM']

I just need to sort out a Muse/Hysteria sound, has anyone tried the EHX Nano Metal Muff or the Tonefactor Huckleberry? I think Steve (TaySte_2000) has one? It looks like we all like the Korg DT10![/quote]

I like that board, it's simple but high in quality. *thumbs up*

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='4401' date='May 22 2007, 03:10 PM']Good work chaps (and nice playing Higgie!). That's the sound I want to get! How much is a Prunes and Custard?[/quote]

They are £159 from machine head.

[url="http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/cPath/25_91/products_id/294"]http://machinehead.co.uk/product_info.php/...products_id/294[/url]

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='4424' date='May 22 2007, 03:36 PM']Oh well....better get saving/selling then!! :)

Can anyone recommend a good delay pedal too?[/quote]

What are you looking for in your delay?

long times? pristine repeats? dirty degradation of repeats?

[quote name='Toasted' post='4495' date='May 22 2007, 05:10 PM']You don't want a delay pedal then, you want a sustainer :)

You can get a P+C cheaper direct from Paul Crowther in NZ... if you can track him down![/quote]

Thanks for the advice, i'll check it out. Would you know of any good Sustainers you could recommend to me please?

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='4504' date='May 22 2007, 05:21 PM']Thanks for the advice, i'll check it out. Would you know of any good Sustainers you could recommend to me please?[/quote]

There's the pigtronix reissue of the EHX attack/sustain. That'll be alot of money tho. If you just want something to giv eyou tonnes of fuzzy sustain like a big muff - why not use a big muff? Just an idea.

[quote name='Toasted' post='4513' date='May 22 2007, 05:31 PM']There's the pigtronix reissue of the EHX attack/sustain. That'll be alot of money tho. If you just want something to giv eyou tonnes of fuzzy sustain like a big muff - why not use a big muff? Just an idea.[/quote]

I must admit I was thinking about it. The size of the bugger puts me off though. I would like a go on a Nano Metal Muff though to see if it will do the job. Thanks for your help.

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='4524' date='May 22 2007, 05:40 PM']I must admit I was thinking about it. The size of the bugger puts me off though. I would like a go on a Nano Metal Muff though to see if it will do the job. Thanks for your help.[/quote]

What about the "little big muff" ?

[url="http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog%2F001%5FXO%5FLine%2F20%5FLittle%5fBig%5fMuff"]http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&am...le%5fBig%5fMuff[/url]

[quote name='jimbartlett' post='4504' date='May 22 2007, 05:21 PM']Thanks for the advice, i'll check it out. Would you know of any good Sustainers you could recommend to me please?[/quote]

If you can get hold of one it would be worth trying the "TC Electronic Sustainer/Distortion/Parametric EQ"