Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

On 20/07/2021 at 14:49, pantherairsoft said:

I've been on a rampage over the last couple of weeks to get my set up well refined and nail down to pedals that really gel with the overall sound of the new project I'm working on. I've pretty much auditioned three pedals for every space on the board and made more signal chain tweaks than I can count.

Finally, I'm happy with the set up. So much so that I have pledged to myself that I won't buy another pedal for at least 6 months... I'm going to work this set up hard!

IMG_3681.thumb.jpg.df3f5d1a5960056be7e7df80cce42233.jpg

IMG_3682.thumb.jpg.f3d3c217a69995ff2e5a65a834e8ff53.jpg

IMG_3683.thumb.jpg.32c25f99b3ed39d0e7da5fb4d7ffab30.jpg

For those of you interested in such things, here is the signal chain being used (note, this is for some ambient, synth textures)...

• Input -> Boss OC-5 Octave ->
  • Dr. Scientist Frazz Dazzler ->
  • Darkglass Alpha Omicron ->
  • Red Panda Bitmap 2 ->
  • Bananana Matryoshka ->
  • Wampler Terraform ->
  • Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe (+ Moog EP-3 Expression Pedal) ->
  • Digitech Whammy Ricochet ->
  • Source Audio Nemesis Delay ->
  • Source Audio Collider Delay + Reverb ->
  • TC Electronics Polytune 2 Mini -> Output

Everything is powered by a Cioks DC7 (which hasn't even hit the 40% load light yet - what a power supply!) and cabled with EBS gold flat patch cables. The Bananana Matryoshka was originally on the chopping block, but I had space for a mini pedal without ruining the ergonomics of things. Originally, this was being used exclusively as a bit crusher (before the Bitmap 2 came along), but it's worth keeping here for the Arp and LFO settings, which allow for layering some nice textures and soundscapes. I have a pile of pedals to move on now to recoup some costs!

I'm super happy with this set up. Endless creative options and everything plays really well with each other.

Wait no Moog?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 0175westwood29 said:

Wait no Moog?

All the foogers’ were sold over 3 years ago and getting them now is hardly an easy or affordable prospect. I’d probably pick up the Cluster Flux again, given a suitable opportunity, but the others, I’ve learned to live without/appreciate the alternatives.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, meercatzbass said:

My new mini board in progress...

IMG_7026.thumb.JPG.31fabbf60a6227a36603aebde04619c6.JPG

IMG_7028.thumb.JPG.061a7b5fad36f176bdab5aacb0845d03.JPG

Some seriously nice pedals on your mini board! I see you have a Proton Mk 4, it's a great envelope filter. For the size, IMO, very possibly the best analogue filter currently available. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Some seriously nice pedals on your mini board! I see you have a Proton Mk 4, it's a great envelope filter. For the size, IMO, very possibly the best analogue filter currently available. 

Thank you! Proton indeed is a great envelope filter and is a great companion to my Mu-Fx Tru-Tron 3x.

6 hours ago, bassist_lewis said:

Jealous of the 3 Leaf Audio complete set

Thank you! I am still waiting for the Doom 2 to arrive. Meanwhile, I took my You’re Doom on a “loan” from my bigger board. Using the 3Leaf ones in different combinations and adding modulation at times, you get a nice set of different synth tones. They are useful when playing in my funk, soul and Motown cover band.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pantherairsoft said:

The most amazing thing about the DC7 - it could probably power that entire board from one output!

It seems CIOKS Have upped their game. I bought a DC5 brand new as it was the only thing that would fit under my metro20 at the time. It's very underpowered and I struggle if I've a lot of digital pedals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lee650 said:

It seems CIOKS Have upped their game. I bought a DC5 brand new as it was the only thing that would fit under my metro20 at the time. It's very underpowered and I struggle if I've a lot of digital pedals.

The DC7 is a monster. It runs my entire board and I’ve not even managed to light the 40% of load light yet. Insanely good, plus it fits under a Pedaltrain with no modification to the board needed. It’s not cheap, but worth every penny for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lee650 said:

18 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Love my dc7. Powers everything I need and has a USB port so will charge my wireless/phone/ Bluetooth pedal. Nice bit of kit. 

As "rising stars" it would be churlish not to give due weight to both your views on this, but perhaps less so than from a mentor:

24 minutes ago, pantherairsoft said:

The DC7 is a monster. It runs my entire board and I’ve not even managed to light the 40% of load light yet. Insanely good, plus it fits under a Pedaltrain with no modification to the board needed. It’s not cheap, but worth every penny for me.

It is, however, entirely appropriate to ignore anything I spout, being a knackered old veteran from many failed compressor campaigns...😂

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

As "rising stars" it would be churlish not to give due weight to both your views on this, but perhaps less so than from a mentor:

😂 I’ve never tried the HB. Just saying I love my cioks. Other brands are available. 😂 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Al Krow said:

???????? Bas ..........Have you been at the catnip again 😜😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ped said:

I don't have a pedalboard as such but witness my pedal shelf!

(Not shown - Source Audio C4 and Future Impact)

IMG_8171.jpeg

… how do you plug in the one in the pot with leaves 🍃 on and is it by ‘Many Leaves Audio’  😆

Put this together Friday, went straight out and played a party in big open room. Last night did a wedding in a marquee at one of the Queen’s holiday gaffs, then this afternoon have a pub gig. I don’t use an amp, so the Stomp is taking care of that side of things too. 

So far, it’s ticked every box at 2 very different locations. 

The BSW took a bit of attention in soundcheck to dial in, but sounds amazing. The Sub’n’Up is set for a POG style thing, but I’ll replace it with something else I think as it’s not really needed. I actually prefer the Bass Octave in the Stomp. 

The two button switch adds in an Ampeg SVT sim on the top end to add a bit of an amp feel, which is pretty much always on - and the 2nd button is to access the tuner. 
The board is a Harley Benton Spaceship and powering the wireless, BSW & TC is a Harley Benton ISO. 

F50637EB-1C0A-4174-9CE7-14B451CCB474.jpeg

Edited by M@23
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

@M@23 love the simplicity of your set up Mark! And I see another vote in favour of HB boards and their IsoBricks - they really are great value!

How many different fx do you have set up on your Stomp that you are regularly using?

Hugely impressed by the HB stuff! 
Have you got one of their boards?

I think the board and case were £60, new. The power brick was £50. So not too bad at all! Quality wise, it all seems solid! Even the case, which is more so than I was expecting. The board is light, and adjustable. 
The ISO offers 500mA each out AND is powered by an IEC cable which is a plus for me. Everything is playing nicely and there’s no unwanted noise. 

On the Stomp I have Bass Octave - 70s Chorus - Ampeg Drive. Then external FS is SVT amp sim - Tuner. I had to put it all together in a bit of a rush, after settling on a new patch. But I’m really happy with it. 

Not too sure what to replace the TC Sub with 🤔

• Like 1

I do - HB Spaceship 50M plus a couple of their IsoBrick Pro PSUs (the 5 and the 12). Although my main board is a larger PT Metro 24 with the IsoPro 12 underneath, made viable by this really neat height raising hack:

What are you using the TC S'n'U for? If just for octave up to give you a POG effect then the oct up on the Stomp is pretty good. IMO the Stomp is marginally beaten for sound quality by the Digitech Mosaic (which I have) for oct up and there's quite a lot of love for the Digitech Ricochet (which I've not got my hands on yet).

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 2