Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

3 hours ago, JapanAxe said:

OK, looks like the Fuzzdog Dirt Dessert Harmonic Messulator.

I mean it could be... All I know is that when I mirrored the settings with those on a YouTube review of the P&C it sounded identical. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, jimbobothy said:

.... what are the boards Mr Black?

Cheapest I could find on ebay. 15 quid came with velcro and cable ties. I joined them underneath with battens. 

Edited by stewblack

Here's a couple of boards that I use for my bands.

First up, for my noisy band we have this....the rusty box is my always on, has a clear and massive grit tone that cuts through anything and then the blower box and bobba fuzz make an appearance on a couple of tunes.

And then I've been playing around with a few pedals since the new year for a blues band and have something no way near as orrible sounding! I'm digging the Beta and it's an always on for a fat, round, tone. The SFT them makes an appearance for tunes that need a bit more oommph.

Annoyingly, I thought the fuel tank would fit under a nano, but I can't get it to fit when the leads are plugged in. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

PXL_20210509_163519408.jpg

PXL_20210509_163532857.jpg

• Like 1

This is not the most exciting board you will see today... 

I sold off all my individual pedals because it was too much faff and I was constantly buying chorus pedals then moving them on because they weren't right, or buying pedals for one song and then the song gets dropped... So I got a Boss GT10B it was awesome but huge and heavy. I sold off the Boss multi, and my zoom guitar multi, and even my pocket sized basic zoom Acoustic Multi and bought a Helix Stomp. One box to replace EVERYTHING. Except the Wahs aren't very good and I like a bass wah. So I got an AMT cheap on BC and I like it. I already had the HB tuner so I kept it. I've got a separate expression pedal for the Helix too which may go on the board if I need it. I received the Budget Donner power supply and lightweight board just this weekend but I've got an issue with the board bag so not connecting it all up just yet. I know the Donner PSU won't power the Helix, that's fine. 

The idea is keeping the tuner as a complete mute switch for the whole board, I want to reassign fs 3 from the Helix to do something else other than tuner but haven't spent the time to figure that out yet. The AMT wah comes after the Helix so I can put drive in to the wah, but this necessitates the mute at the front of the chain but also means if I DI from the Helix then the Wah isn't in that signal chain, so that may get a rethink. 

A synth pedal of some kind may arrive on the board soon. 

So much for having just a single gig bag friendly box! 

Any advice on pedal orders, tricks with the Helix, gratefully received. 

IMG_20210510_083344.jpg

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

This is not the most exciting board you will see today... 

I sold off all my individual pedals because it was too much faff and I was constantly buying chorus pedals then moving them on because they weren't right, or buying pedals for one song and then the song gets dropped... So I got a Boss GT10B it was awesome but huge and heavy. I sold off the Boss multi, and my zoom guitar multi, and even my pocket sized basic zoom Acoustic Multi and bought a Helix Stomp. One box to replace EVERYTHING. Except the Wahs aren't very good and I like a bass wah. So I got an AMT cheap on BC and I like it. I already had the HB tuner so I kept it. I've got a separate expression pedal for the Helix too which may go on the board if I need it. I received the Budget Donner power supply and lightweight board just this weekend but I've got an issue with the board bag so not connecting it all up just yet. I know the Donner PSU won't power the Helix, that's fine. 

The idea is keeping the tuner as a complete mute switch for the whole board, I want to reassign fs 3 from the Helix to do something else other than tuner but haven't spent the time to figure that out yet. The AMT wah comes after the Helix so I can put drive in to the wah, but this necessitates the mute at the front of the chain but also means if I DI from the Helix then the Wah isn't in that signal chain, so that may get a rethink. 

A synth pedal of some kind may arrive on the board soon. 

So much for having just a single gig bag friendly box! 

Any advice on pedal orders, tricks with the Helix, gratefully received. 

IMG_20210510_083344.jpg

Here's my advice FFIW. Use the send receive blocks for other effects. You can also add a two button switch for two more stomp switches.  Assign one to tuner. Have a play with parallel paths even if it just for clean mix. I will post a pic of mine. 

• Like 1

Two pedals in the loops. I use the C4 for envelopes mostly. I have the Stomp octave in a parallel path and switch the gain on the mix for zero to about half. So I can add a clean octave to whatever else is going on. The MC6 really helps as I can select and engage any of the patches from the two synth pedals. The silver button in the middle always sets everthing back to clean basic sound (via MC6). 

20210510_103811.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doddy said:

Seeing how often people seem to change their pedals around is the exact reason I stopped using a board and just put everything on the floor instead. 

I would hazzard a guess that 'most people' set their pedal board up and barely ever change it. Some people change theirs all the time. I just changed mine now, before that it was the same for several years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugsonic said:

Two pedals in the loops. I use the C4 for envelopes mostly. I have the Stomp octave in a parallel path and switch the gain on the mix for zero to about half. So I can add a clean octave to whatever else is going on. The MC6 really helps as I can select and engage any of the patches from the two synth pedals. The silver button in the middle always sets everthing back to clean basic sound (via MC6). 

20210510_103811.jpg

Very, very nice. Some great choices there. Guess that’s a rehoused FI to the left of the C4? And yeah Morningstar ftw. I only control a C4 with mine but it must be a godsend with many midi things on the board. 

1 hour ago, Hugsonic said:

20210510_103811.jpg

That's very clever, in a very small footprint too. Would be interested to hear some of your synth sounds if you have sound clips? 

I've been out of the pedal game for a while but a new potential project required a few FXs and who doesn't need a compressor.

Nothing boutique for me but these X series Boss pedals are really good.

IMG_20210512_181656__01.thumb.jpg.a1c54a23a048776de4400ca4e5d8098a.jpg

Edited by PatrickJ
  • Like 7

My mini-pedal board has been pretty much unchanged for the past 10 months and I've enjoyed getting to grips with the fewer that were on it (four of which still feature below). With the recent addition of a couple of Boss pedals i.e. the OC-5 and RC-5 (still not caught up with @PatrickJ' Boss collection above after his new arrivals!), I've reverted to my larger Metro 24 powered by a HB Iso12 Pro underneath.

To answer PJ's tongue-in-cheek Q in the above post, having reached the limit of my compression ability, I thought I'd give this line up a go without a dedicated comp. That's allowed me space to put the excellent Mosaic octave-up back on; the Thumpinator is also back in at the start of the signal chain to hpf out any low end "crud" and the Mastotron is there in place of my Red Ripper, partly because it sounds equally good and partly 'cos it takes less space! Tbf there are several comps and a limiter in the fx patches provided by versatile Zoom B1-4 multi fx sitting proudly at the heart of the board. 

Edited by Al Krow
This iteration didn't last a week - lol!
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, jimbobothy said:

Ordep, could I ask what the plain pedal is? The knobs look to be off a SolidgoldFX pedal?

Its a blueberry bass od clone that I got from the classifieds. Sounds ok for always on low gain dirt.

2 hours ago, tayste_2000 said:

That’ll be one hell of a volume jump when you kick in the fx10 😂

Have you messed with the setting where the tone is all the way off?

Haha Yeah it will be, but its always on and that setting on the pic is not how I run it. Usually 11 o clock-ish for tone.

I think I tried before but iirc it will be dubby? Will try that again later tonight.

Edited by ordep

On 06/08/2020 at 14:26, blablas said:

2oXh4MJ.jpg

Time for a update given it's been a while... no radical changes.
AF0PH5i.jpg
Gone: MXR envelope filter and Boss tremolo.
Replaced with: TC electronic Hall of Fame 2 and Old Blood Noise Endeavors Dark Star.

Done some moving around of the pedals on the small board, everything is now more or less in chain order on this board.
The Dark Star is a reverb with long trails and placed before modulation, it does some very nice things to the chorus, phaser, flanger, tremolo and vibe, somehow a more defined and detailed modulated sound.
At the end of the chain the two reverbs behind each other can give a very nice deep roominess.

• Like 2