Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

Large pedal board is out the window now that I'm using an Ashdown ABM600. While the amp is taking care of the boring stuff like tone and compression the nano board is go! 

Cioks Adam underneath doing the (not so) heavy lifting. Just need some larger rubber feet so I'm not putting pressure on the power supply when I step down. 

Fits in my Mono tick too so that's one less thing to carry. 

PXL_20210422_151707284.jpg

Edited by Jonse
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, Jonse said:

Large pedal board is out the window now that I'm using an Ashdown ABM600. While the amp is taking care of the boring stuff like tone and compression the nano board is go! 

Cioks Adam underneath doing the (not so) heavy lifting. Just need some larger rubber feet so I'm not putting pressure on the power supply when I step down. 

Fits in my Mono tick too so that's one less thing to carry. 

PXL_20210422_151707284.jpg

Very nice minimalist board. I had the BB Preamp years ago, it's such a great overdrive! 

20 hours ago, Jonse said:

I've just had these arrive this morning: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402533803723?var=672778084427

I got the "22mm Thickened Bottom". They fit perfectly over the existing feet of a Pedaltrain Nano, but I think will need glueing on so they don't pop off.  Power supply is a CS6.

PXL_20210423_112828051.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jrixn1 said:

I've just had these arrive this morning: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402533803723?var=672778084427

I got the "22mm Thickened Bottom". They fit perfectly over the existing feet of a Pedaltrain Nano, but I think will need glueing on so they don't pop off.  Power supply is a CS6.

It's super annoying that you can't easily remove the bolts to raise the height of the feet on the PT boards, by inserting washers or taller rubber / plastic feet, to give you clearance for anything but the shallowest PSUs - so this looks like a superb hack John!

I've just measured the existing plastic feet on my Metro 24 and they're 24.5mm at their widest at the base. I'm guessing that's the same as on the Nano? If so, then the same 22mm caps with a bit of stretch to hold them securely would also be the right ones to get for me. And the drop of glue suggestion a sensible additional fix.

I think you've just extended the shelf life of my Metro 24 and I won't need to be putting it up for sale just yet - cheers!

Edited by Al Krow

8 minutes ago, Jonse said:

@jrixn1 Great, thanks for that. I have that ad saved on my eBay watch list so you've saved me a bit of deliberation there! 

@Al Krow Yes it's annoying isn't it? Why can't they just screw them on instead of riveting them! 

Yup agreed!

@jrixn1 - dumb Q, but the £5.84 "Buy 1" = a pack of 4 i.e. you're not just getting one, I assume?

48 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I've just measured the existing plastic feet on my Metro 24 and they're 24.5mm at their widest at the base. I'm guessing that's the same as on the Nano? If so, then the same 22mm caps with a bit of stretch to hold them securely would also be the right ones to get for me. And the drop of glue suggestion a sensible additional fix.

Yep, the rivets are annoying!

Measurement sounds the same.  I don't have calipers or anything accurate, but I measured approx 24mm with a tape measure, so yes I figured slightly smaller rather than slightly larger.

And yes, "Buy 1" = one pack of four.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jrixn1 said:

Yep, the rivets are annoying!

Measurement sounds the same.  I don't have calipers or anything accurate, but I measured approx 24mm with a tape measure, so yes I figured slightly smaller rather than slightly larger.

And yes, "Buy 1" = one pack of four.

Cheers John - ordered! So that was just under £6 for those feet covers...and another £94 just spent on a HB Iso12 Power Supply to put under my Metro 24 board (and gawd knows what the final tally will come to if I end up getting more pedals). BC is definitely not a cheap place to hang out lol! 

• Like 1

On 23/04/2021 at 12:39, jrixn1 said:

You would think larger feet to give you ground clearance would come as standard on a small board or at least sell them as an extra..

I used various nuts n bolts on mine to make adjustable legs but I was grafting together two Nano+ at the time 😛

Edited by danny-79

On 23/04/2021 at 12:39, jrixn1 said:

Continuing  on the theme of John's PB hack for PT Metro / Nano boards: having glued (and "clamped" while the glue set) the new feet in place, my HB Iso12 arrived from Thomann and is now snugly in place, with enough clearance over the floor. I slightly angled it using an adhesive cushioned strip at one edge to allow me to use the longer end of the connectors at the PSU and the shorter end above board for use with the pedals. Now just waiting for my Boss OC-5 to arrive from Amazon...

PT Metro 24 - hack II.jpg

The HB Iso series are very good value and really compact which is a great combination! I've had a really good experience so far with its smaller sibling the HB Iso-5 Pro which is incredibly compact but also pretty much noise-free, so no hesitation in getting this more powerful unit from HB.

The Iso12 Pro provides 9 x 300mA (all 9V) + 3 x 500mA (with 9V/12V/18V selector switches) all individually isolated. All this for < £95 from Thomann to your door.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

Current incarnation: (do have drawers full of pedals but these are the ones I actually use)

effectenen.thumb.jpg.b3c811f7a09bb2c099dbcdbc4f62f5ad.jpg

Yes, a bass wah. It is great fun!
Then there's a polytune (tracks the low B better then the Korg pitchblack does), the cali76cb is set for punchy attack and boosts the signal a few DB.
Two fuzzes. The Pickle does 'Muse' like, Giygas a more organic 'Beastie Boys' like girth. Then the Le Bass has a lovely tube drive in its fusion mode and spices up the overall tone a bit, giving it even more punch.

I hear a lot of misconceptions about using compressors from fellow bassists, might start a thread on this topic soonish. Compressors are NOT used to compensate bad playing technique and several different comps can be used to either warm up your tone or make it more punchy and aggressive. They don't level out your touch but envelope each individual note you play when you set them up properly, emphasizing your touch rather then smashing it.

My board too sits on a pedaltrain with a HB powerplant stuck underneath. The cheap HB seems to do just as good a job as my pricey VoodooLab PSU does and takes less space since it fits underneath the Pedaltrain.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

Truely, massively long cable ties are the pedal board builder’s friend. Nice PSU - wish that had been around a few years back, there’s so much cheap choice nowadays it’s nuts!!

Yup, I've had three Ciocks PSUs and a OneSpot previously, all excellent and in the case of Ciocks premium priced. But I've been very happy to go "downwardly mobile" with these HB Iso-Pros. 

• Like 2

Just finished this board. Screenshot_20210507_132945.thumb.jpg.6a078f53aed6884c3dec2dc1d60742eb.jpg

'clean' signal is tuner > octave > chorus > Freeze > limiter. Into this can be mixed three loops. 1 = the Yerasov board + Prunes and Custard clone. 2 = two envelope filters. 3 = the Littlebox. 

It's flexible and sounds killer. Mostly I just keep the Yerasov gain and preamp on and use octave for a couple of tunes played up the dusty end and the envelope filters for some funky soul. The P&C is utterly filthy and pretty amazing. It's hard to hold back on it! The rest I shove in here and there when I feel like it. Power from two rechargeable packs or two 9v wall warts. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Just finished this board. Screenshot_20210507_132945.thumb.jpg.6a078f53aed6884c3dec2dc1d60742eb.jpg

The P&C is utterly filthy and pretty amazing. It's hard to hold back on it! 

Is the Prunes & Custard clone a kit, and did you build it?