Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

49 minutes ago, Jamiexsilver said:

This is my guitar and bass board

image.thumb.png.32c4fc30fbb974996d6eed3dac6388be.pngimage.thumb.png.c8bcf58b230c13619feb1e3259ea904f.pngimage.thumb.png.3c43379fdd069db4857f9eb42299fe50.png

I love that little patch bay! What exactly is it?  Given me an idea,I have a small one on top,didn't occur to me,to put it there 😜

Beautiful wiring at the back

2 hours ago, lee650 said:

I love that little patch bay! What exactly is it?  Given me an idea,I have a small one on top,didn't occur to me,to put it there 😜

Beautiful wiring at the back

It’s a bright onion patch bay, the black outlet is to change channels on my amp the blue and red are outputs to amps the green and yellow is a loop on the ms3 so I can add pedals as and when. 

to make it tight in the gap use a strip of fluffy side Velcro and wedge it in. 

• Thanks 1

On 26/12/2020 at 14:11, jimbobothy said:

.... I might get one of those patch bays boxes, seems like a good idea. Nice build you have done, I’m always amazed at how long they take though lol!! 👍🏼😎

It took a while to plan out, but the actual build didn’t take long at all, a couple of hours or so. 

On 28/12/2020 at 12:14, Jamiexsilver said:

It took a while to plan out, but the actual build didn’t take long at all, a couple of hours or so. 

Great layout skills there... I’ve got the same board and PSU. Have just read up on the GigRig Isolator coz I wondered how you powered “more than 7 things”.... what a neat solution! I guess it comes off one of the 9v 500mA on the CS7?

I’m maxed on my PSU (I’ve got the 18v>9v adaptor going on) but plenty of board space left... an isolator would sling underneath if I need more outlets. Interesting!

Edited by moley6knipe
Typo

And here’s mine. EHX Deluxe Muff, EBS Octabass and MXR Filter replaced by C4, Morningstar and Hub.

Tuner > C4 > Soul Food > Chorus > Comp (always on). Screwed hardboard underneath and velcro’d/tied the Hub (I don’t need access to the buttons).

Inspired by the standard of recent posters I used adhesive cable clips, a few quid from eBay, otherwise I had all the bits required.

All USBs are accessible. The TRRS cable for the C4 is coiled beneath the tuner. It’s waaaay too long but it’s out of sight. Really, need a max. 10cm MIDI cable but my soldering skills aren’t good enough and that’s gonna be like a £20+ custom order, so “one my mate had going spare” will do!

Enough board estate to add stuff, assuming addition of GigRig Isolator for more outlets.

Planning to add short IEC extension cable somehow “bolted” to the metal frame to the right of the PSU so I’m not plugging / unplugging into the PSU and straining it.

Pleased with this one!

7EFBB334-C22F-4E7D-8C70-E3672513E1B2.jpeg

6F4780E5-394C-456D-9D0D-39293960B3F9.jpeg

BB790F51-4B77-4F6E-BBFC-AACA88909696.jpeg

• Like 2

I just got the Geddy Lee DI-2112 for Xmas.  I wanted a warm slightly overdriven sound as an always on.  I can get this from the Hamstead subspace you can see on the board but I have this set for a cleanish fuzz sound (we cover Hysteria by Muse) and I don't want to be twiddling between songs, I just want to press down on the pedal and go.  I also wanted a DI.

It took a little while with the blend knob on the Di-2112 and the parallel on the Hamstead Subspace to be able to switch between the two without the DI-2112 muddying the Subspace but I've worked out a way now.

You may notice I have an Ampeg Optocomp, which up until I got the DI-2112 I liked but its baked in warm sound can have a muddying effect along with the DI-2112 and its a lot easier to get a decent tone with it switched off.  This might take a bit of further experiment but I may end up moving the compressor on and buying a more neutral or slightly brighter compressor.

IMG_0119.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m not overly sure about the pbass yet. I bought it from my other half’s girlfriend who had owned it from new. What I know it’s an 86 MIJ either classed as a contemporary or boxer series. Front loaded pups with a control plate at the back, volume & tone and doesn’t appear active. It’s pretty awesome though 👍

Edited by andy67

Sorry for the crappy picture. 

So these are the pedals I am currently using. I have to put them on my Nano+ pedalboard. Coming from a kinda big pedalboard, I must say I love it so far. I'm coming and going from the Ashdown Preamp. I am a huge Ashdown fan, but the Ampeg SVT4 simulation on the HX sounds pretty awesome and it saves me from carrying another pedal. I have also a Deluxe Comp set wehn I don't have the JHS, but to me ear, the JHS sounds a little bit better. 

The JHS is on the loop because I have an HPF first in chain. The drawback is that if I use the Ashdown, I cannot have it in the loop and use a cab simulation. However, not a big fan of the cab simulation nor the IRs I have downloaded. But still experimenting.

20210104_201131.jpg

• Like 2

... they are the less expensive TC Electronic pedals I think. Seem like great value to me, e.g:

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/tc-electronic-afterglow-chorus-pedal/903347?gclid=CjwKCAiAxeX_BRASEiwAc1QdkZAeiZDdcxWRPZo4q7hKWaxnC3T5RJa-WApZ6apDVy3tPLC4zXYLPBoCdLkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by jimbobothy
more info

All four are the cheaper range of TC Electronic pedals. As some have said, Forcefield, Afterglow,  Nether and Skysurfer reverb pedal. All good and extremely well built. 

Not overly keen on the Skysurfer as is a bit overwhelming for a reverb pedal but the others are pretty good. 

Edited by andy67