Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Yeah - be great to hear both the Helix and SY-1 in action. What SY-1 settings you planning on using? 

Actually I wish I had made a note about that. We do "in the end" linkin park, and I picked a really good setting last time I played it, but that was in March and I didn't make a note. I always just winged it before because it was never on my board. Also I am playing piano with the other hand, and singing

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Bass 6 is a pretty good setting - I shared a couple on the SY-1 thread, maybe try them out and see if they are any good?

Will give it a try. But now I just remembered I built a lowpass filter and forgot to put it on there! Oh well, it is only small, it can fit somewhere!

Some nice boards here guys! 

Thought I share mine as well before I change it again 😁

So here it goes: the chain starts with the Mooer Bass Fog > tuner > comp > pre doubeling as clean DI. From there to the bottom row octave > filter > drive > fuzz > chorus > multi and to finish it all off cab sim/wet DI. All mounted on the Pedaltrain Metro 24, powered by Cioks DC5 and yes, there are some cables as well. 

Since this picture couple of weeks ago I've acquired Red Witch Zeus fuzz and it challenges the Fog, the Muff and maybe even the MXR octave. Althogu just today I received an old Japanes OC2, decisions, decions. Also I think the wet DI/cab sim will be changed to Sansamp BDDI and might take the multi off the board cause don't really need it. 

Let me know what you guys think and which octave should I go for? 

IMG_20201029_182337.jpg

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Hiis said:

Some nice boards here guys! 

Thought I share mine as well before I change it again 😁

So here it goes: the chain starts with the Mooer Bass Fog > tuner > comp > pre doubeling as clean DI. From there to the bottom row octave > filter > drive > fuzz > chorus > multi and to finish it all off cab sim/wet DI. All mounted on the Pedaltrain Metro 24, powered by Cioks DC5 and yes, there are some cables as well. 

Since this picture couple of weeks ago I've acquired Red Witch Zeus fuzz and it challenges the Fog, the Muff and maybe even the MXR octave. Althogu just today I received an old Japanes OC2, decisions, decions. Also I think the wet DI/cab sim will be changed to Sansamp BDDI and might take the multi off the board cause don't really need it. 

Let me know what you guys think and which octave should I go for? 

IMG_20201029_182337.jpg

I played for a while in a band with OC-2 -- BB Preamp -- Muff -- MXR Chorus, similar core to what you have there. So many options! The OC-2 and the BB were pretty magical together to my ears, really a great combo.

11 hours ago, GazWills said:

I played for a while in a band with OC-2 -- BB Preamp -- Muff -- MXR Chorus, similar core to what you have there. So many options! The OC-2 and the BB were pretty magical together to my ears, really a great combo.

To be fair BB Preamp works great with everything  that needs a bit of gain added or by itself. I've had some different drives and although there are great ones out there and I still have some just in case I need different flavor the BB still seems to be my favorite.
With the octavers it's a bit more complicated. I started out with Taiwanese OC2. Then I got the MXR just to try it out and turned out I preferred the later one. After a while having both but mainly using the MXR I started to try different ones just because I could :D So I've had EBS OctaBass, TC Electronic Sub'n'Up mini, Digitech BSW, Emma Electronic OktoNojs, Aguilar Octamaizer and now MIJ OC2 and there's an octaver inside the Red Witch Zeus fuzz. Some I liked, some I didn't. Really liked the OktoNojs octave sound, didn't get along with the fuzz, sounded awesome on it's on but didn't but got lost with a band. Aguilar sounded cool and different to the MXR but tracking on MXR is better in my opinion. Seems like I need to do another shootout among the ones I still have. But I feel I already know the outcome so is there really a point to try to eliminate some but in the end still keeping the ones I have at the moment...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GazWills said:

Next to this topic : I like the Dr Bass cables but I hate their jack plugs. I swap them for Neutrik ones, and it works fine from there. Nice pedalboard you have. Grtz, Marc. 

Some fairly big changes since my last post (still planing to get a proper pedal board to attach my pedal setup to within the not too distant future) :

Bass-Pedal-Effects-Setup-061120-small.jp

Making my entire signal chain look like this :

4 string Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Bass (strung with gauge .090 - .068 - .052 - .038 D'Addario XL nickle roundwound steel strings, tuned in G1 standard tuning, 2 half steps bellow A standard bartitone guitar tuning, and having a DiMarzio Model P pickup wired directly to the output jack socket) ->>

TC Electronic SpectraComp (always on compressor) ->> TC Electronic Sub'N'Up Mini (always on digital polyphonic octaver, used as an 1 octave up effect mixed with clean bass signal, giving an effect similar to that of an 8 string "octave" bass, with pairs of respectively bass and octave strings) ->> Boss LS-2 [A+B Mix <-> Bypass] (parallel effect loops mixer/switch) ->> ={  [Loop A Send] ->> Joyo Orange Juice (low gain overdrive, with some highs cut via the tone knob, always stacked into the Metal Zone in front of it and mixed with the Black Rat distortion in parallel effects [Loop B])  ->> Boss MT2 Metal Zone (high gain metal type of distortion, always with the Orange Juice behind it in the same effects loop stacked into it, and always mixed with the Black Rat distortion in parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser (EHX Small Stone clone, used in the high feedback and deep sweep mode, almost always used mixed with flanger in parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> [Loop A Return] ->||<- [Loop B Send]  ->> Joyo Orange Juice (always on, except for when using my high gain distortion setup, relative low gain overdrive that is always mixed with the clean {bass+octave up} signal from parallel effects [Loop B]) ->> Mosky Black Rat (Rat clone, in [Turbo] Rat mode (diode clipping), quite raunchy and fairly dark sounding high gain distortion, always mixed with the {Orange Juice -> Metal Zone} from parallel effects [Loop A]) ->> Monarch MFL-22 (flanger, most often used mixed with phaser in parallel effects [Loop A]) ->>  [Loop B Return] ([Loop A] + [Loop B] mixed at an about 50/50 ratio) }=>> Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz (Boss FZ-2/Univox Super Fuzz clone, octave fuzz, set to [Mode 1] with the gain at noon, often used with the {Orange Juice [Loop A]//Clean signal [Loop B]}  stacked into it) ->> Boss TR-2 (tremolo, almost always used combined with the chorus effect in front of it) ->> TC Electronic Shaker (Vibrato blended with clean signal, via the Toneprint editor, functioning as a deep lush chorus effect, almost always used combined with the Boss TR-2 tremolo) ->> NUX Tape Core Deluxe (Roland Space Echo tape delay emulation) ->> Zoom G1Xon (exclusively used for reverb effects, which are as follows:: a very subtle, always on, main plate reverb :-: a more prominent plate + hall reverb :-: a thick lush plate + hall + tape delay reverb :-: and finally an extremely thick and lush reverb pad used with volume swells consisting of plate + hall + tape delay reverb)

->> Zoom MS-70 CDR (exclusively used as an always on EQ, utilizing six 2 band fully parametric equalizers to fine tune the tone by cutting/boosting various frequency bands -/+ 1 to 2 dB, 2 of the bands used to sculpt an about -9dB/Oct downward slope, starting at about 4kHz)  ->> Behringer BEQ700 Bass Graphic Equalizer (always on, with the 50Hz, 120Hz, 400Hz, 500Hz and 800Hz bands boosted ever so slightly) ->>  [Effects Return] (poweramp input) of Peavey Solo Special 112 (160W, solid state guitar combo, with the build in 4 Ohm 12" speaker unit disconnected and instead hooked up to the SWR Triad I bass cab) ->> SWR Triad I (400W bass cab, equipped with 1x15" + 1x10" speaker units + high frequency tweeter horn, the 15" speaker unit receiving the full signal, the 10" unit only receiving the part of the signal that is between 100Hz and 5kHz, and the high frequency tweeter horn receiving everything above 5kHz of the signal, with the build in tweeter attenuator set at noon, which according to the manual is the "normal setting", practically meaning an about -4dB cut of the signal send to the tweeter) =>> The Box PA 502 (300W full range passive PA speaker, connected in parallel to the Triad I cab, equipped with 1x15" + 1,7" high frequency tweeter horn) 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 4

Just got the omnicab deluxe on a drunken buy....so i Thought I'd just flip it here, naa this thing is awesome! Not just with headphones or through a pc, straight into a amp it just 'adds' something magic to the sound 🙂.

Just waiting on a black polytune mini ( to eliminate overhang) and I'm done for now 😂IMG_20201107_201946.thumb.jpg.6be071f8e6d3623118e54817530de9b0.jpg

P's... I certainly don't use the treble like that on my b7k

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 2

On 17/10/2020 at 12:49, Rich said:

Version 2.0 of my PLPB (Pretentious Little Pedalboard :D ) finished. Rattle can black instead this time, wish I'd done it this way in the first place. I won't bother with pics as it basically looks the same :lol:

The old board is now in the wheelybin, and the bloody paint is still soft.

Now up to version 2.1 of the PLPB.
Having A/B tested the real OC-2 with the octave models on the Zoom, I decided that the Zoom would easily be good enough for live work -- so I've retired the Boss and replaced it with my latest build, a Woolly Mammoth clone. For my money the Mammoth is the best bass fuzz bar none, and it's one thing the Zoom doesn't do.

1426413307_20201110_113252small.jpg.b66976decf0e7dcf1d7fe1d102504f69.jpg

Edited by Rich

On 07/11/2020 at 20:23, danbowskill said:

Just got the omnicab deluxe on a drunken buy....so i Thought I'd just flip it here, naa this thing is awesome! Not just with headphones or through a pc, straight into a amp it just 'adds' something magic to the sound 🙂.

Just waiting on a black polytune mini ( to eliminate overhang) and I'm done for now 😂IMG_20201107_201946.thumb.jpg.6be071f8e6d3623118e54817530de9b0.jpg

P's... I certainly don't use the treble like that on my b7k

Nnnnnnnice 😎 What's the build second from left? Looks stereo?

• Thanks 1

On 06/11/2020 at 07:38, Kirky said:

@sifi2112. With those rechargeable batteries do you have to unplug everything when not in use?   I'm wondering what the advantages are with this over something like a Volto.

Good question Kirky .. yes I have to unplug them :( 

Unfortunately my Darkglass X7 doesn’t like to be daisy chained (hisses) so this way they are all isolated (well weelushfx ABY gets tiny bit of juice from sfx mD3 out) .. if the X7 or mD3 battery dies I can just use Moog Flange one as that pedal is true bypass & still lets signal through unpowered :)

I have 4 of these Poover 700mA rechargeable batteries so will maybe keep a spare velcro’d under the board or any 9v battery.

I tried a Harley Benton (Volto) type psu last year but sent it back due to noise added .. Volto or Palmer battpack might be better but don’t think the two outputs are isolated so back to original problem lol

Any other solutions/options welcome btw :)

Ps. Darkglass X7 parallel (dry) out > Moog Flange > ABY > mD3

Darkglass X7 wet out > ABY > mD3

Basically I have a dirty (main) bass tone & a clean (modulated) tone for more subtle passages etc :) .. just switch via ABY pedal

Edited by sifi2112
  • Thanks 1

Changed amps to an ABM 600 and since I like the on-board compressor, sub and drive I thought it'd be rude not to get the footswitch for it and do away with a few pedals and update the board. Bit of work in progress but I thought I'd take a snap while there was some daylight still. 

Super Russian and the BB Pre run in a loop from the LS-2 so I can have a nice dry/wet blend as I'm always conscious of the bottom end being sucked away by distortion pedals. 

Trying to keep it simple (stupid!) 

PXL_20201113_145338615~3.jpg

• Like 1

On 02/03/2020 at 17:20, jimbobothy said:

I got a Helix Stomp a bit ago and then decided to build a small board around it with existing boardless pedals. 

I’m using a Nano + with a Cioks DC7 powering a Radial Tonebone Bassbone, Korg Pitch Black tuner and the HX Stomp. 

I can’t believe the cost of the board set up has probably matched the Stomp. I had the Radial Tonebone and Korg tuner already, but boards, power supplies and patch cables (buying a few different sorts to fit) have somewhat surprised me by how much they all add up to.

I have really enjoyed it, not actually put it together yet, I’ll do it when I’ve got a spare couple of hours lol.

Pics up when I’m done 👍🏼

Lol, I’ve just seen this and now have 4 boards built, a spare board and want a Nano Max 🙄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, scannerman said:

latest incarnation.  feeling stable with this one at the moment.

sounding nice with a Dingwall and skjold

20201101_163248.jpg

... may I ask how do you use the two dittos? I saw the MC6 and was half expecting so see a Stomp on there as well ha ha ☺️