Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

1 hour ago, javi_bassist said:

Hahahaha, nope, everything from pop, rock, alt rock and some blues. 

I have to say that some years back, all my pedals were black. Not by choice, because I like the sound. But it was boring-looking. I've been changing pedals for years (again, not because of the colours, but because of the sound) and I ended up with a very colourful pedalboard. And I like it this way :P 

I think your pedal board would really be improved by a yellow and a light blue pedal.  Whatever you do, don't put an OC-2 on it.

4 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Are you a fan of glam rock? 😁

How do you rate it as a headphone amp? Just wondering whether I should maybe get one of these as a off board headphone amp rather than getting a second B1-4? The B1-4 is obviously is a lot cheaper and does a bunch of other stuff...hmmm, I think I've just answered my own question, lol!

Have to say mate, the little TC bam200 is perfect to play through as a headphone amp. It’s circuitry negates the speaker out when you plug headphones in and £128 for it is awesome! It fits on my board perfectly and sounds great, my only negative is the digital compression as soon as you play. Don’t know if the compression is built in or symptomatic of it being all digital?

• Thanks 1

My board. Built from pieces of wood lying around. Instead of painting it black and waiting ages to dry, I painted in water-based satin varnish. Took two hours to dry for each coat ( three coats were needed ), and installed sone power plugs into the board. Everything works like fine, and pedal  power comes from a Carl Martin. 

029E776C-F453-40EE-B1E8-0716B0BB6198.jpeg

352CC926-8D70-450C-8EBE-8EA248843EF2.jpeg

A39FB8F2-B843-41E2-8F4A-D55FB6FCA36B.jpeg

F2939C60-5FD9-499B-B7BE-4BE177C206FF.jpeg

17197B57-0933-4C15-A205-265A94993580.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ordep said:

I am deeply hurt by this statement. 😁😁

Hahahaha, I just like colours. In everything (cars, furniture, walls...)

49 minutes ago, BillyBass said:

I think your pedal board would really be improved by a yellow and a light blue pedal.  Whatever you do, don't put an OC-2 on it.

Is it because ot's brown? Or you just don't like it? Just curious because you are the first person I know to not recommend the OC-2.

1 hour ago, javi_bassist said:

Hahahaha, I just like colours. In everything (cars, furniture, walls...)

Is it because ot's brown? Or you just don't like it? Just curious because you are the first person I know to not recommend the OC-2.

I wasn't being serious.  However, I'm quite sure, the OC-2's sound would improve if it was bright yellow😉

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

All the best pedals are brown.

You, sir, are a heathen.

57 minutes ago, javi_bassist said:

Pretty cool actually. Some awesome pedals and some that I don't really know about. I bet it sounds just amazing

Sounds? Come on, he doesn't actually use it! It's on display in his front room 😁

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Sounds? Come on, he doesn't actually use it! It's on display in his front room 😁

this is actually quite true, Covid means no gig, and lately when I want to have a go with them thick string guitars I just reach for the Zoom B1on and headphones. 😅😅 

Although lately I recorded some collabs using this board as the Stomp is my only interface atm so I reversed the signal, Noble first in the chain going to tuner then effects then to the HX Stomp.

Thanks for the pedalboard love everyone! 👍🏼

Edited by ordep
  • Like 2

Current incarnation of my board. The tuner might not be the sexiest but it works so it will stay for now. The Bassballs should be changed to something I can get more control over but it gives me that some extra funkiness when I need it so no hurry with that. The Drop is the latest add, don't want to carry an extra bass or detune for two songs so this one saves the day. 

IMG_0070.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/10/2020 at 09:10, Al Krow said:

How do you rate it as a headphone amp? Just wondering whether I should maybe get one of these as a off board headphone amp rather than getting a second B1-4? The B1-4 is obviously is a lot cheaper and does a bunch of other stuff...hmmm, I think I've just answered my own question, lol!

Was it you or someone else that said about noise on the B1-four?

Got the spectracomp today, plugged it in, thought 'god thats loud noisy', then bypassed, and it sounded teh same, so put the lead round the back instead and it still was. I guess I had turned the level up somehow! With levels where they should be, its fine, just got to find some drive toneprint that I like

2 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Got the spectracomp today, plugged it in, thought 'god thats loud noisy', then bypassed, and it sounded teh same, so put the lead round the back instead and it still was. I guess I had turned the level up somehow! With levels where they should be, its fine, just got to find some drive toneprint that I like

"Digital" noise with some of the fx on the B1-4 if you listen very very carefully. But lost completely at volume and / or mid phrase. 

There was also some electrical interference noise with a previous PSU - but that hasn't been an issue at all with my HB IsoBrick. 

Maybe I've just got used to it! 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Do you mean the 'Spectradrive'?  I'm not aware of the Sectracomp having drive toneprints.

I have only gone through about 4 or 5 of the drive toneprints on mine because I don't use the drive part that much but what I have heard hasn't been any better than middling.  If you find one you really like let us know.

Just now, BillyBass said:

Do you mean the 'Spectradrive'?  I'm not aware of the Sectracomp having drive toneprints.

Yes, I mean the spectradrive!

Just now, BillyBass said:

I have only gone through about 4 or 5 of the drive toneprints on mine because I don't use the drive part that much but what I have heard hasn't been any better than middling.  If you find one you really like let us know.

I haven't had a chance to really play with the drive. it didn't seem inspiring by default (I dont' know what the default is).

On 10/10/2020 at 10:31, Rich said:

My new dinky pedalboard - hopefully a replacement for my Line 6 XT Live. 

<snip>

EDIT: sod it, I'm just going to re-do the timber anyway. I can't live with those paint imperfections.

Version 2.0 of my PLPB (Pretentious Little Pedalboard :D ) finished. Rattle can black instead this time, wish I'd done it this way in the first place. I won't bother with pics as it basically looks the same :lol:

The old board is now in the wheelybin, and the bloody paint is still soft.

• Haha 1