Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

The 'A' Board. 

This is the heavyweight. The others I build and break down for the pleasure of it. A bit like other people do jigsaw puzzles. But if I ever gig again this is the one. IMG_20200926_215402.thumb.jpg.a4f18542dfc876f7cbe92ba95e6110a7.jpg

Not totally finished yet. I may swap the Donner Flanger out for a second dirt pedal and have two in parallel. With the Mr Black Gilamondo providing modulated  lusciousness aplenty and a possible chorus/flanger combo on the horizon the Jet Convolution may be surplus. 

Hidden below the top layer is a Zoom B1-4 always on (HPF and a little preamp colour and noise gate) and my octave pedal which is in a loop with the Ricochet, controlled by the LS-2 then blended with the main signal via the TPM. And a whole bunch of cables. Oh and my rechargeable power supply. Silent, slim and ridiculously long lasting. 

• Like 1

The HB power plant iso2-pro is awesome! Completely isolated and extremely quiet, worth £61 from Thomann. I already love the optocomp, classic preamp is amazing, working on the scrambler and the chorus is just what is 😎 with my US pbass through the classic preamp, optocomp & liquifier pedal, I swear I had Phil Lynotts bass sound on Jailbreak! All the Ampeg pedals are well made and sound great for the relatively cheap price 👍

Definitely re the HB, Optocomp and Classic, the scrambler is good but very subtle re overdrive however, the blend control on it is a master stroke. I also own the EBS Billy Sheehan deluxe preamp, as good as it is, I’m just not overly convinced by any overdrive/distortion pedal for bass. 

+1 on thomann’s PSUs.  Had their first gen isolated, five outputs. Really good, but too small these days. The one above looks great for the money - 8 outlets?! I’d have bought that if existed when I bought my true tone CS7 and saved myself some cash!

Edited by moley6knipe
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

+1 on thomann’s PSUs.  Had their first gen isolated, five outputs. Really good, but too small these days. The one above looks great for the money - 8 outlets?! I’d have bought that if existed when I bought my true tone CS7 and saved myself some cash!

+2 for the Thomann PSUs. This tiny thing...

PB - 2007mini IIA.jpg

Is very comfortably and noiselessly powering all of these and with headroom to spare!

PB - 2007mini IIC2 .jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

IMG_2570.thumb.jpg.e26e065d42c83f52ac825aeb035f37b3.jpg

This pretty much ticks all the boxes and is sufficiently portable so I can take all my outboard odds and ends in one bag (mic, cables, stands, power leads, tablet, charger...)

1. The Carl martin compressor/Limiter is nearly 16 years old, it's been butchered, but it is still the best compressor I have ever played though.
2. The Source Audio is the newest acquisition, and I got it so I could, for each of my two basses, have one "regular" and one "Stevie Wonder Synth" setting.
3. The Nether, for its price, is untouchable... so close to the Oh See Too without a lot of the glitch (which I personally never liked)
4. The MXR is a glorified DI, but gives me a little more control if the room requires it.  I set whatever I am playing through absolutely flat so I always get "my sound".

43 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

IMG_2570.thumb.jpg.e26e065d42c83f52ac825aeb035f37b3.jpg

This pretty much ticks all the boxes and is sufficiently portable so I can take all my outboard odds and ends in one bag (mic, cables, stands, power leads, tablet, charger...)

1. The Carl martin compressor/Limiter is nearly 16 years old, it's been butchered, but it is still the best compressor I have ever played though.
2. The Source Audio is the newest acquisition, and I got it so I could, for each of my two basses, have one "regular" and one "Stevie Wonder Synth" setting.
3. The Nether, for its price, is untouchable... so close to the Oh See Too without a lot of the glitch (which I personally never liked)
4. The MXR is a glorified DI, but gives me a little more control if the room requires it.  I set whatever I am playing through absolutely flat so I always get "my sound".

The TC Nether is something else for its price given TC push the sub n up pretty hard. What does the source audio do, looks awesome 👏 

13 minutes ago, andy67 said:

The TC Nether is something else for its price given TC push the sub n up pretty hard. What does the source audio do, looks awesome 👏 

£35 shipped to my door - can't beat that!!!  I don't use the 2nd octave down, seems a little pointless to me, but I suppose for guitarists it could be a hoot.  It tracks far better than I was actually expecting, despite the many videos I watched... 

The Source Audio is a programmable graphic EQ.  You get 4 scenes or settings, so you could, if you wanted, use one for fingerstyle, one for slap, one for a solo bump and one for something else.  I wanted an eq that I could use for my 5 string and one for my 6 - two totally different sonic beasts - very different in all aspects.  The SA gives me the option of setting a nice 8 band eq - so your typical graphic "thing" ala Boss, MXR, Mooer etc etc etc - but now I can do that 3 more times - depending on what I need!!!
So I have channel 1 & 2 for the 5 string and 3 & 4 for the 6.  1 & 3 are set for playing (so a set and forget tone sculpt if you will) and 2 & 4 I use with the Nether - I pull the tops way down which gives me a pretty decent "Stevie Wonder's Left Hand" vibe hahahaha

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

£35 shipped to my door - can't beat that!!!  I don't use the 2nd octave down, seems a little pointless to me, but I suppose for guitarists it could be a hoot.  It tracks far better than I was actually expecting, despite the many videos I watched... 

The Source Audio is a programmable graphic EQ.  You get 4 scenes or settings, so you could, if you wanted, use one for fingerstyle, one for slap, one for a solo bump and one for something else.  I wanted an eq that I could use for my 5 string and one for my 6 - two totally different sonic beasts - very different in all aspects.  The SA gives me the option of setting a nice 8 band eq - so your typical graphic "thing" ala Boss, MXR, Mooer etc etc etc - but now I can do that 3 more times - depending on what I need!!!
So I have channel 1 & 2 for the 5 string and 3 & 4 for the 6.  1 & 3 are set for playing (so a set and forget tone sculpt if you will) and 2 & 4 I use with the Nether - I pull the tops way down which gives me a pretty decent "Stevie Wonder's Left Hand" vibe hahahaha

Have you seen the EQ2?

27 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

I have - but this cost me £45 shipped... 2ns hand of course, but at that price!!!!  I would be very interested to see a side-by-side with the v1 and v2.

Loads of v1 bargains out there now. V2 is a massive step up. All bands are configurable, dual channel so you can even have two fully separate EQ stages in your chain, loads of control via external expression/MIDI, 128 onboard presets. Oh, and a built-in tuner. 

• Like 1

Just now, Quatschmacher said:

Loads of v1 bargains out there now. V2 is a massive step up. All bands are configurable, dual channel so you can even have two fully separate EQ stages in your chain, loads of control via external expression/MIDI, 128 onboard presets. Oh, and a built-in tuner. 

Woah!!!  So time to start saving, eh?  That sounds like quite a jump - sheesh, how cool!!!

I've decided to go one further on my board. :D Having just seen this: https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_custom_line_thunder_99.htm

I began to think about amping up my board as part of the board, but would have to be inclusive of headphone socket for silent practice and also if needed, enough watts for rehearsals or small gigs.

There is a lot out there to choose from so, looking at all available power amp pedals and weeny amps, I decided upon the TC Bam 200. Will easily fit on the board and be enough to do what I need in small situations.