Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

".. can you tell us about this? > TC Electronic Flashback Delay (always on).. and we can also see you have TonePrint © selected:- 😎"

Easy as pie... I use the delay as a means to "fatten" my sound, almost like a reverb... very slight delay and very subtle, but it's definitely there.  I started years ago with a chorus, then later a reverb, then after discovering Janek Gwizdala, I switched to delay - and I use his TonePrint, the Sausage & Beer print :) .  I found that the bass was a little "dead" to my ears, hence starting to play with alternate ways to beef it up - I guess that came from listening to a ton of fusion and hearing what I believed was a chorusy sound and loving it :) 

BTW - I use the Nathan East print for my chorus 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fuzzonaut said:

Current state of pedal mayhem at my feet in the rehearsal room. Signal gets split twice (Meatbox, DD7) and ends up in 3 rigs.

Main / Sub

P1030562.thumb.jpeg.f922798364969f68373803d5f2a47f5c.jpeg

Left

L.thumb.jpeg.e08f34cf2ae1ad7fee8c0ab22c4df7d8.jpeg

Right

P1030559.thumb.jpeg.86c0d2c48dd6d6c49a0c23c936da3d0f.jpeg

How you finding the Pessimiser on bass? I’m using a Hilbish Beta preamp and was considering adding one of these in at some point.

Edited by mr4stringz

12 hours ago, mr4stringz said:

How you finding the Pessimiser on bass? I’m using a Hilbish Beta preamp and was considering adding one of these in at some point.

It's great, I love it. The EQ section is very powerful providing a wide range of tone shaping possibilities.

Together with the clean/dirt blend and the boost you have a very versatile pedal.

Recommended. 

• Like 1

Put this together as a small board for simple rigs when I don't want to fuss with my bi-amp set up. 

Not that I seem to be gigging now or anytime soon. But board building is fun isn't it? 

IMG_20200830_215622.thumb.jpg.29d6db288ed9fb142c1c08e023cdabf9.jpg

The ms-60b is set as a Flanger and noise gate. Whole thing is powered by a Harley Benton battery. 

1 hour ago, Bearfist said:

Bit of a work in progress but after the best part of 2 years using modellers im much happier to be using something like this again. 

20200904_182059.jpg

Hey man, are you playing for or 5 string? How's the Cali? I have major gas for the large box, even though my board can't take it! 

38 minutes ago, HazBeen said:

Clearly not into Darkglass :)

Ha! 😁

Although had i got the MBD2 sooner im not sure i would have bothered with the X.

34 minutes ago, Salt on your Bass? said:

Hey man, are you playing for or 5 string? How's the Cali? I have major gas for the large box, even though my board can't take it! 

Yeah mostly 5's.

The Cali is amazing, had another big box a few years back and replaced it with the compact version and then a Hyper Luminal and finally the Axe FX comps, as great as all of those are there's something about the big box one ive missed, as soon as i knew i was selling the Axe the first thing i did was hunt down one of these, its worth the extra board size for me.

Edited by Bearfist
  • Like 1

.... I've got a HX Stomp equipped board and an all analogue (well nearly) board as well. I must say I do really like seeing what I can tweak, rather than menu scrolling. Also as there is a bit of option paralysis with Multi FX units, I like the make the most of what you have deal with small/medium analogue set ups.

Enjoy 

Edited by jimbobothy

22 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

.... I've got a HX Stomp equipped board and an all analogue (well nearly) board as well. I must say I do really like seeing what I can tweak, rather than menu scrolling. Also as there is a bit of option paralysis with Multi FX units, I like the make the most of what you have deal with small/medium analogue set ups.

Enjoy 

Yeah that was one of the biggest issues for me, i just couldnt leave the thing alone, i loved having that control but sometimes i felt i was spending more time tweaking tones then playing, particulry with the Axe Fx where the ability to tweak is insane. I am considering throwing a Stomp on this board however, i need a couple of non distortion FX for a new gig im doing and one of those might just do the trick.

20 minutes ago, jimbobothy said:

... when using your Quatermaster do you notice a noticeable difference?

Im just using it to switch between the 3 drives without tap dancing really so yeah in that regard its very helpful, i cant say ive really noticed any difference in tone when using it but it just makes life easier.

Edited by Bearfist

8 hours ago, Bearfist said:

Yeah that was one of the biggest issues for me, i just couldnt leave the thing alone, i loved having that control but sometimes i felt i was spending more time tweaking tones then playing, particulry with the Axe Fx where the ability to tweak is insane. I am considering throwing a Stomp on this board however, i need a couple of non distortion FX for a new gig im doing and one of those might just do the trick.

Im just using it to switch between the 3 drives without tap dancing really so yeah in that regard its very helpful, i cant say ive really noticed any difference in tone when using it but it just makes life easier.

Cheers for the reply Bearfist.

The Stomp is SO versatile in such a small package. I’ve got mine set up, with amongst a few other things, a Aguilar Filter Twin and BOSS OC2 in the FX L and FX R loops. Those along side the digital effects you have more than enough to play with 👍🏼

Edited by jimbobothy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ZenX said:

now the MS-60B is just LPF/Tuner (and as a 'just in case' I suddenly decide I need octave or something

A Zoom of one kind or another sits in all my pedal board set ups. Its just as you say, a great back up or extra. Even if it's just HPF and tuner it's paid for itself 

Hastily slapped this together as I won't get a chance now before Saturday's gig, and I wanted to get the Morningstar ML5 wired up. Only wired up two loops, and will be spending tomorrow programming all the patches for the board, but I can see some pretty cool possibilities here already!

Bass > Cali76 > ML5 > HX Stomp

Loop C - Aguilar Octamizer
Loop E - Dr Scientist Dusk
HX Stomp FX Loop - Pickle/Muff DIY build (Under the top tier)

MIDI chain - MC8 > Hx Stomp > ML5 > Dusk

Mission Expressionator connects the Dunlop Mini Expression to the Stomp, MC8, and Dusk