Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

56 minutes ago, ezbass said:

How do you find the Mooer Micro DI? I'm thinking of adding one since my VTDI was removed from my board.

50 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

I think that's a Mooer AB-Y pedal rather than a DI. 

What made you decide to dump the VTDI?

Correct, it’s an ABY so I can either run into the effects from my Line 6 G30 or via a cable, means no messing around with unplugging things which I’ve had to do mid-gig before when I had a dodgy set of batteries in the wireless pack.

• Thanks 1

1FE14744-C48F-4E0D-91A9-CC82EB2E64D0.thumb.jpeg.3f6582bb60b21919db5a34974fa38d14.jpegRecording board with all the options I might need. Clean DI before the board. Amp DI after it. Meatbox after the ES5 sending subs to its own track. Mic on a cab to get everything except the subs. The Gunslinger sometimes swaps out for a Turbo Rat. I’d run both but I’d need more power.

Edited by radiophonic
  • Like 3

On 04/07/2020 at 22:10, lee650 said:

Always changing and always evolving! Or in my case,buying back pedals 've already sold because I've realised they were good. Sellers remorse had a terrible thing 😂

Current set up

Cali76 CB - I've tried most of them and love this for versatility while still being intuitive to use. It has fantastic natural tone,which just makes you sound better 

3 leaf Wonderlove envelope Filter- I'm utilising the loop in this. Effects can be put after the Filter input stage,but before the Filter. This means the dynamics of the filter are preserved. In the Filter loop is the

Cog T70 triple Octave - 3 channel octaves with its own loop. Two separated T65 octaves which ive set 1 for a clean smooth octave and another for a synthy octave up sound, utilising the filters. It has a third "sub" channel which has no clean just octave. The filters can get this fairly close to the OC2 sound. The loop on this enables "parallel" octave so any effects used have the octave clean underneath, in this loop I have

Crowther Prunes n Custard- very very dynamic and synthy fuzz

Malleko Scrutator - Bit crusher/sample rate reducer - this has a built in static low pass/Hi pass filter, which can be used with expression pedal for filter sweeps. Any control can be assigned to the expression creating very funky/electronic sounds

In series with the T70

Source Audio Gemini Chorus- 6 different sounds to switch between. Set for chorus/flanger/phaser/envelope phaser/resonator. A smorgasbord of modulatory goodness 😂

3 leaf Enabler - Pre amp/DI/headphone amp - primarily used was A very high quality headphone amp (with aux in) due to lockdown. I used to have one before and used as a pre/DI on large tours/theatre pits and sound engineers always remarked on how good the DI was (not something that happens often with these guys😂) so always wanted one back,as when I was last gigging I used IEM and intended to eventually go ampless. It's great for recording to, a very useful pedal.

I've still got a EHX bass big muff nano,not currently on the board,which I'm considering selling,to soften the blow of recent purchases. It's a pedal I've always loved,So may just keep it.

The last of my "greatest hits😂" to buy again will be an MXR bass envelope Filter. Great funky little filter,and different enough to The wonderlove,which is better for synth.

Cheers for staying awake 😂

20200704_212024.jpg

So as per my last thread, I've added the other pedals in the T70 loop.

Now as above but with an EHX Bass Big Muff nano and the funky little MXR Bass Envelope filter 😁

I've also moved the Cali76 into the wonderlove loop so the dynamics of the filter arn't affected. Works really well for synth tones.

20200720_003558.jpg

• Like 2

Having lived with the updated mini-board for a few weeks, I've come to realise:

a) the Zoom B1-4 is easily the best value pedal I've ever bought! 

b) the Grizzly doesn't really interact with the filter at all and I've managed to get 95% of the way there to my favourite drive setting on the Grizzly with the B1-4.

c) it would make better sense to have the comp at the end of the chain to deal with any volume spikes from the filter and to have the looper there, too, so that it can pick up the rest of the board => I've swapped these round with the VTDI, which then becomes a pre-fx preamp rather than a post-fx preamp. Does mean I lose access to the DI out on the VTDI, but I'm much more likely to be taking a DI out from my amp anyway, so hopefully I won't miss this.

d) the HB50M board is a very good size for a smallish board and I just about managed to squeeze on a Red Ripper in place of the Grizzly, which will be a much more interesting combination with the filter.

So having rearranged and re-wired, it's now looking like this. Fingers crossed I'm done for a while - plenty to keep me sonically entertained!

Signal chain: SY1 --> VTDI --> Red Ripper --> Proton --> B1-4 --> Becos --> Lekato

PB - 2007mini II.jpg

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 1

Some late night spooky bass sounds ... signal split with LS2: 1) C4 Chordially Invited patch by @Quatschmacher with 2) octave up (Ehx Epitome) into Octo reverb (M9) and Univibe  ( Boss V Wah). Later 1) goes into C4 envelope filter with gated fuzz, and expression pedal sweeping filter frequency,  into chorus ( Marshall Regenerator) and delay ( Nux Timecore) .. clip coming....

20200724_021303.jpg

Edited by Jonathan Bee
  • Like 2

On 18/07/2020 at 10:42, Al Krow said:

What made you decide to dump the VTDI?

You got me thinking and... it's back!

IMG_1702.jpg

Must have more pre-amps 😂

I'll come up with another mute/tuning solution.

Edited by ezbass
  • Like 1

Took off the Line 6 M9 and replaced with EHX Grand canyon and Zoom B3 ( a trusty old friend!). Here are some sounds of that with parallel SA C4. Simple playing, just mucking around with textures..only scratched the very surface of the Grand Can! Listen with headphones and you'll hear some spatial elements 🙂

20200730_012953.jpg

JB C4 and the Grand Can.mp3

Edited by Jonathan Bee
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bobbass4k said:

Peppered with the DIY fruits of lockdown labour - 

IMG_20200729_230510.thumb.jpg.b1664f84245e488767fb2ce82cc7e91b.jpg

The number of distinct sounds available to you exceed both the number of stars in the known universe and trying them all out would take longer than the age of the Earth...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Stub Mandrel said:

The number of distinct sounds available to you exceed both the number of stars in the known universe and trying them all out would take longer than the age of the Earth...

But if you limit it to the number of usable sounds, it's doable in one standard Earth month my sources tell me.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

But if you limit it to the number of usable sounds, it's doable in one standard Earth month my sources tell me.

I'm still working on it - sounding like a swarm of horny space whales having a laser orgy may be of debatable usefulness, but it IS a lot of fun.

• Haha 4

image.jpg

Pretty happy with this now - should take care of business for the foreseeable. MS-60B is there for compression, a bit of low cut, and tuning. LS-2 is there so I can switch between wireless input and a cable with minimal faffing.
Wireless and power supply underneath.
image.jpg

LED strips as well because I'm a tart.

image.jpg

• Like 2

Had to show off my new handy work to people who get it (the wife was pretty underwhelmed/didn't have a clue what I was talking about)

Backstory: wanted a flat case style pedalboard, didn't want pay £££s for it. So I bought an old synthesiser case from Gumtree for 20 quid and relined it with mounting fabric. Then Covid hit😷, so I thought I'd do some tinkering.....

So I've built in some features (cue a lot of cussing at the soldering iron😖). I've add a bank to the side with jack in and out with a true bypass to skip the entire pedal chain, power input and switch and a di (stole the innards of a Behringer 400p passive di box).

Cost me total of about 50 quid *smugface*😁

The chain is

Input (with bypass)>Boss limiter>polytune 3 mini>Ehx Tri parallel>output

The 3 mix loops are subject to change as I've just stuck then all on into the order they fit with the patches I have currently.

Loop 1:

Boss bass chorus>Boss odb3 overdrive>boss ls2(as a bypass for the 105q tone suck)>Dunlop 105q

Loop 2:

Mxr blowtorch>agent 00 clone(custom built by BCs very own paul_5)>bass big muff

Loop 3:

Ehx soul pog(pog 1st)>Donner EQ seeker(effing great eq pedal for £40 if you can find one!)>earthquake dispatch master>dpfx echidna overdrive>boss syb5 synth

Whaddaya think?!? I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned out. Any advice on chain or good custom length patch kits very much needed....

IMG-20200702-WA0002.jpeg

IMG20200804105638.jpg

IMG20200804105618.jpg

IMG_20200804_113932.jpg

IMG_20200804_113908.jpg

• Like 11