Why become a member? ×

Post your pedal board - Basschat style!!

dudewheresmybass

6 hours ago, Bobthedog said:

Snap, almost, even down to the patch cables!

IMG_1160.jpeg

Nice, I saw the pic with the polytune. Have you noticed the difference? I've not compared the Strobostomp to anything else but it seems to work really well.

Does the "normal" setting work? :) Seems a lot to ask of some DIP switches!

1 minute ago, adamg67 said:

Nice, I saw the pic with the polytune. Have you noticed the difference? I've not compared the Strobostomp to anything else but it seems to work really well.

Does the "normal" setting work? :) Seems a lot to ask of some DIP switches!

:biggrin: I have never been normal this is just a token attempt!

I have actually looked at going back to the Polytune. The Polytune is easier to read and gives the same reading as the Polytune clip. Since changing strings the Strobostomp is reading a small amount higher than the Polytunes and telling me to tune down a little. I am not sure what to trust any longer. They used to all read the same with the old strings.

1 minute ago, Bobthedog said:

:biggrin: I have never been normal this is just a token attempt!

I have actually looked at going back to the Polytune. The Polytune is easier to read and gives the same reading as the Polytune clip. Since changing strings the Strobostomp is reading a small amount higher than the Polytunes and telling me to tune down a little. I am not sure what to trust any longer. They used to all read the same with the old strings.

Hmm, I've got a tuner in my Multiamp and one in my DAW, I'll give those a try vs the Strobostomp when I get a chance and report back.

• 2 weeks later...

Always a "wallet risk" to have space for one more pedal on your board! Proton arrived yesterday to take the remaining slot on my mini board. First impressions: very positive - it’s really easy to dial in a tasty filter sweep.

image.png.b0408a782f7881d91057f786ad94fb50.png

Signal chain is Smoothhound wireless-->Boss LS -->Zoom B1X-4-->3Leaf Proton--> Digitech Mosaic.

As mentioned previously, the Zoom is in the LS2's loop to allow me to blend in as much clean to combine with the Zoom's effects. That's a must for a lot of the Zoom drive patches, particularly my fav Rat Tail, but it's a "nice to have" to keep some authentic low end with other fx.

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 3

New board I’m very happy with. New board, power supply, cables, case. ....... just kind of feeling sorry for my old board. Lot of history together. It’s made up of two PT nano+ grafted together. I was debating splitting it back down and making a small essential board but  prob best just get another board for that. Would hurt it’s fee breaking it up  😂😂😂😂😂

47186F0C-B193-4CF8-AE24-AE8A543A6416.jpeg

21123336-D7D6-4729-B17A-F36BED5A6899.jpeg

D3BF5FE4-CC5D-4B64-8BBC-B25A41966577.jpeg

• Like 1

On 30/04/2020 at 21:11, Dosi Y'Anarchy said:

So I don't remember whether I posted this here or not but I did a video of my Bass VI and the board I use for it. 

IMG_20200228_055840.jpg

Boss multi Overtone. Never seen or heard of that one. 

Whats that about ? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, danny-79 said:

Boss multi Overtone. Never seen or heard of that one. 

Whats that about ? 

Yeah I'm surprised more people haven't got into it. It's sort of like Boss' equivalent of the EHX Micro Pog. Polyphonic octaves up and down but with a tone control and modulation. 

I did a video of it :

• Like 1

Nice little review and liked your clean tone a lot at 4.00, but sadly I didn't hear anything from the pedal that remotely floated my boat tonally or as an octave pedal and I won't be parting with £119 to swell's Boss' coffers on this one!**

Edited by Al Krow
​ ** @Stub Mandrel clear evidence that Boss have rescinded my commission since my heady SY-1 days 😉 ​
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dosi Y'Anarchy said:

Yeah I'm surprised more people haven't got into it. It's sort of like Boss' equivalent of the EHX Micro Pog. Polyphonic octaves up and down but with a tone control and modulation. 

I did a video of it :

Octave up and down. Never expedited that from its title. I’ll watch the link you have posted and report back 🤘😜🤘

• Like 1

Updated my board, added in a small stone. I was tempted by a EarthQuaker Grand Orbiter but couldn’t justify the cost for something that I won’t use a lot. I may swap it out for one if I find I use this a lot and not 100% happy with it. 

so it’s now Polytune > Wilson mini Freaker Wah > Cog Tarkin 66 > EHX Small Stone 

E939DFA5-45CD-49DB-B359-F0F1C9C60A89.thumb.jpeg.20e8b88d7ecbce532a0e466f92fe252c.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, javi_bassist said:

A little update in mine: The Aguilar Tone Hammer goes... The Ashdown Original preamp comes

20200505_185303.jpg

Can I ask an honest question please - how do you use the HP and LP filters, and what do they do to/for your signal on this setup?

I've never had either on my board, and have often seen one or the other on peoples boards, so I'm just genuinely curious as to what they do and how you use them with those pedals? Always on? To emphasise certain pedals?

cheers

35 minutes ago, GazWills said:

Can I ask an honest question please - how do you use the HP and LP filters, and what do they do to/for your signal on this setup?

I've never had either on my board, and have often seen one or the other on peoples boards, so I'm just genuinely curious as to what they do and how you use them with those pedals? Always on? To emphasise certain pedals?

cheers

They are always on. I starting to use them because I go ampless 99% of the time.

The HPF cuts the subs. I started to set it at 60Hz. Especially with my 5th string bass, it just sounds more tight. It gives more room to the kick drum (my drummer likes bassier kick drums) and it protects the PA and the amp.

I use the LPF as the rolloff of a very transparent bass cab without tweeter. It helps especially with distortion.

If I use a cab with a mic, I don't use the LPF

14 minutes ago, javi_bassist said:

They are always on. I starting to use them because I go ampless 99% of the time.

The HPF cuts the subs. I started to set it at 60Hz. Especially with my 5th string bass, it just sounds more tight. It gives more room to the kick drum (my drummer likes bassier kick drums) and it protects the PA and the amp.

I use the LPF as the rolloff of a very transparent bass cab without tweeter. It helps especially with distortion.

If I use a cab with a mic, I don't use the LPF

thanks - really interesting. so you're using the HPF is like an sfx thumpinator then?

I've played gigs for 20 years mostly into mic'd cabs or a combo of that and DI, but my last gig was straight to PA, and I had a nightmare with the high frequencies for fuzz and distortions, so that's all good to know!

many thanks... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GazWills said:

thanks - really interesting. so you're using the HPF is like an sfx thumpinator then?

The Thumpinator IS a HPF. The only difference is you don't have control of the frequency with the Thumpinator like you do with the Broughton.

• Like 2

My latest setup. 

Wee Lush FX ABC pedal allows me to keep all 3 basses that I use live plugged in and switch between them for a faster change over. 

The VT Bass, Leeds and "Phthonus" (Tri-Logic Bass Preamp clone kit) are each then effectively presets for each of the 3 basses. 

IMG_20200507_150906.jpg

Edited by Painy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Painy said:

My latest setup. 

Wee Lush FX ABC pedal allows me to keep all 3 basses that I use live plugged in and switch between them for a faster change over. 

The VT Bass, Leeds and "Phthonus" (Tri-Logic Bass Preamp clone kit) are each then effectively presets for each of the 3 basses. 

IMG_20200507_150906.jpg

I regret selling my VT.Bass. Brilliant pedal. You can do a hellovalot of damage with it ! 😜

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danny-79 said:

I regret selling my VT.Bass. Brilliant pedal. You can do a hellovalot of damage with it ! 😜

It's my second one. Stupid to have sold the first one seeing as I didn't particularly need the money, I was just trying something else at the time.

This time, if I do ever decide to stop using it for any reason, I'll just put it in a drawer somewhere ready for when I see sense and decide to use it again! 😁